Where is the announcement?

(Dthy) #21

[QUOTE=Humate;405728]Community Questions:

1. Damage Model - Brink? COD? ETQW?
  2. Radar - How important is it really?
  3. If you could make up a new class what would it be, and what could it do?
  4. Should the Magrider in Planetside2, work the same way as the Desie? - randomlink

/cough[/QUOTE]

1. ETQW
  2. Public = Important, Competition = Not important
  3. I wouldn’t make a new one, all bases are covered imo
  4. I have no idea what this is so here is a bunny rabbit:

(__/)
( ’ . ’ )
(")–(")*

(tokamak) #22

I think the field ops can be re-imagined. Less lethal but more effective (IE longer) area denial*, more influence in friendly and hostile deployables (perhaps he should be the one to ‘clear’ an area before things can be build). I think the supply crate in ETQW is actually a typical field ops rather than a medic ability.

A class fully focussed on supporting and conducting the team and less about immediate combat. Operating more behind the scenes (of the friendly team) and making sure everyone has the tools they need at the right time.

The medic is ideal for direct support, a medic belongs in the fray. A field ops should just hop in and replenish the team and move out again. So that means that a medic’s resource economy needs to revolve around a small pool that quickly regenerates energy while a fields op need a large pool that slowly generates energy.

We always discussed about some commander class. People figured this would be a really powerful guy, or even a non-actor in the field but influencing the game from the limbo menu. That’s all not necessary at all. The field ops can be that in a more nuanced sense. He’s not more powerful than anyone else, he’s simply taking care of all the indirect stuff. He’s the unsung hero. He’s the team’s coach, janitor and secretary however unexciting those last two sound.

His role is also so unique that every extra field ops quickly becomes increasingly redundant. The benefits simply overlap too much so that although two field ops may be more useful than one, four field ops would be truly useless in a 12v12 game.

*Artillery can have a wider splash damage, last (much) longer, and does far less damage (or even no damage at all) and cause knock-backs or inaccuracy. That way rather than trying to catch enemies with their pants down, the artillery becomes simply more of a tool for a field ops to designate an area that players won’t immediately die in but just really want to avoid if it’s not necessary to be there.

I also really like the decoy grenades from counterstrike. Definitely a field ops tool. You can even have two types. A short distraction grenade for the covert and a long lasting bulky decoy/bluff weapon for the field ops.

(edxot) #23

i rather have them removed.

why ? just today, after 17 min to get first obj done on ARK, 2 constructors rush to mining laser. while waiting for the thing to drop another teammate arrives (a field ops). he says " i am going to clean the area" and drops a violator on it. but there was nothing to clear except for the 3 of us. no enemies, no turrets, no vehicles, no crates, nothing. and still, he droped the violator.

(Rex) #24

This is not the community question thread here. Spam somewhere else please.

(SockDog) #25
  1. Announcement posted but thread derailed.

(badman) #26

Community question suggesters - have a look over here: http://forums.warchestgames.com/showthread.php/32729-Community-Question-What-do-YOU-want-to-ask-the-community

(Ashog) #27
  1. Damage Model - Brink? COD? ETQW?
    I prefer splash.

2. Radar - How important is it really?
    depends on the map size and layout. Big, outdoor ETQW-like maps - important. Smaller or indoor RTCW-like maps - not important.

3. If you could make up a new class what would it be, and what could it do?
    Womanz. Oh yeah, what’s it do? The class has to be looking good from behind :wink:

4. Should the Magrider in Planetside2, work the same way as the Desie? - randomlink
    Whats Planetside?

(Humate) #28

Rad Soldiers looking at an October worldwide release, apparently.

Perhaps we shall find out about this secret pc game, shortly after?

/massivecough

(Breo) #29

Don’t worry we still have Q4!

Drum roll :stroggtapir:

(shibbyuk) #30

I assume it’ll be Brink 2, since they own the IP and always intended on a sequel. I’ve been wrong before, though… I’d literally jump for job if it were ETQW2!

(.FROST.) #31

Brink 2 would probably be too much to hope for, but it would be over the top awesome. I’d pay everything to get a well balanced version of Brink, with more game modes, more maps and most, most important a sd-kit for map-builders(wich I’m definitely not, but there are many, many out there).

I still play Brink on a daily basis and I got used to almost every drawback of it, but now the lack of players has become a real problem wich no one can fix. I hope all the initial Brink players would come back to a more refined Brink 2 and would actually stay because SD would’ve learned so much through Brink that it would be a game for hardcore gamer and casual gamer alike. Everyone of us started as a casual gamer and if you get constanly punished for being a noob you’d also end up saying f-off and turn to the mediocre, highly rewarding MW stuff with a shallow learning curve.

I stuck because I love the Brink universe -the setting and the artstyle- and I think I learned the game quite well so far, but if it wasn’t for that(the art and all) I’d probably also be gone long ago. Now I play every map eyes closed, have a thorough feeling for my weapon and my char(movement) and don’t want to learn everything anew with a new fps game I didn’t even like too much.

So I’d really like to hope for a Brink 2, but it is probably more reasonable to search the whole PC-gaming landscape for another fps I can stuck with for another few years. But the second a Brink 2 would be announced I’d be instantly back to pre-order the super-duper-ueber edition of it; one year in advance.

(Rex) #32

[QUOTE=.FROST.;406371]Brink 2 would probably be too much to hope for, but it would be over the top awesome. I’d pay everything to get a well balanced version of Brink, with more game modes, more maps and most, most important a sd-kit for map-builders(wich I’m definitely not, but there are many, many out there).

I still play Brink on a daily basis and I got used to almost every drawback, but now the lack of players has become a real problem wich no one can fix. I hope all the initial Brink players would come back to a more refined Brink 2 and would actually stay because SD would have learned so much through Brink that it would be a game for hardcore gamer and casual gamer alike. Everyone of us started as a casual gamer and if you get constanly punished for being a noob you’d basically end up saying f-off and turn to the mediocre, highly rewarding MW stuff with a shallow learning curve.

I stuck because I love the Brink universe -the setting and the artstyle- and I think I learned the game quite well so far, but if it wasn’t for that(the art and all) I’d probably also be gone long ago. Now I play every map eyes closed, have a thorough feeling for my weapon and my char(movement) and don’t want to learn everything anew with a new fps game I didn’t even like too much.

So I’d really like to hope for a Brink 2, but it is probably more reasonable to search the whole PC-gaming landscape for another fps I can stuck with for another few years. But the second a Brink 2 would be announced I’d be instantly back to pre-order the super-duper-ueber edition of it; one year in advance.[/QUOTE]

Dear Brink fanboy, I strongly recommand this thread over here: …in the Brink forum

(.FROST.) #33

Well, if what I wrote sounds like indiscriminant fanboy gibberish to you, then I really don’t know. I thought I put a lot of decent critisism in my post above and in all my posts and threads before that. Yet I’m not shy to say, that the good parts of Brink outweight the bad ones by far; at least for me of course. I think that’s not fanboyish.

Whatever, have a nice day/evening Rex.

(Dthy) #34

You clearly haven’t met Rex before. He flames everyone. Don’t take it personally.

(Dormamu) #35

Is not what would it have been, but what it was.
Trying to be mainstream, trying to please so many people, trying to be so many games, yet not being any of that. Every one can see the potential in Brink, the story, etc. Was a good game? Maybe, but had a major flaw, it had no sdk, not giving the ability to evolve, change, rework it self was a doomed decision. I do not expect a full working game, i do not expect a masterpiece, but if is not to my liking i expect to change it, to give it my on interpretation, to let it grow in to the game it deserve to be, i want to have as many mods as it needs, as many facets their can be made, not to stay locked, not to wonder what cant this game could have been.
What do you see in Brink is what i saw in W:ET and others sawed in ET:QW. How do we please so many people? It is thru game-play, story, sides, time? How do we capture that emotion, that precious moment in time when you played for the first/second/etc time and said: “This is the best game i have played in a long time!”

So i ask, where is the announcement, where is the (re)evolution you wanted to give to all of your Q:TF, W:ET, ET:QW, Brink fans. You are making the same mistakes you made with Brink, at this point in time is not what your final product that interest me but the journey you took to get there :D. Keeping that a secret and not sharing your journey (with all the bad and good moments) is what i do not understand… :frowning:

(Ashog) #36

not sure what Q:TF has to do with it and SD.

(RT1) #37

Dunno, but the yardstick as I see it around here is that seemingly anyone that’s put more than fifty hours into Brink qualifies as a fanboy.

(DarkangelUK) #38

Weird, I’ve put more than 50 hrs in and get called a ‘hater’ on a regular basis by some cough

(.FROST.) #39

I have almost 900hrs loged:eek: but I know one guy that has even more than 2400hrs:eek::eek::eek:
I guess many of you know who I mean:wink:

(badman) #40

The Brink IP is owned by Bethesda, actually.