Where are the hitsound files located?

(Dr_Plantboss) #1

I want to make the hitsounds the same in TF2, I just don’t know where they are.

Please Help :’(

(bushyg) #2

Guessing others would have done this by now if you were allowed to. I’d strongly advise against it unless you get the ok to do so from an SD employee. I’m sure most of the audio would be packaged files and you can’t easily edit them without the know how, and the game probably wouldn’t even launched if they have been edited.

(Dr_Plantboss) #3

@bushyg said:
Guessing others would have done this by now if you were allowed to. I’d strongly advise against it unless you get the ok to do so from an SD employee. I’m sure most of the audio would be packaged files and you can’t easily edit them without the know how, and the game probably wouldn’t even launched if they have been edited.

I know people are allowed to, but that’s not what I’m trying to do.

I want to use the file, copy it, and convert it to .wav to use as a hitsound for Team Fortress 2.

But thanks for your input!

(MaceyKeys) #4

Dr, you could do it the hard way and do a audio grab of one of your matches. Save it as a .wav and edit out the sound effect you want and then save it in to tf2.

(Dr_Plantboss) #5

@MaceyKeys said:
Dr, you could do it the hard way and do a audio grab of one of your matches. Save it as a .wav and edit out the sound effect you want and then save it in to tf2.

Basically already done that. But thanks!