When will the Credit boosters expire?

(Jl001) #1

I still have a few X Days Credit Boosters in my Items. As the public servers are closing down (in Dec ? ), when will they expire as I need to use them beforehand ?

(Press E) #2

Will they expire at all? I had guessed they’d be keeping the lobby servers up, considering you need to sign in with some server just to load into the menu and I haven’t heard anything about SD trying to rework that. Pretty sure credits are also handled server-side since that would be a big security weakness if they weren’t, so if the server was shutting down then credits wouldn’t really be useful anyways either

But assuming credit boosters are handled using the same server as credits/loadouts/the lobby/etc then it should be fine

As for when, all we have is “Multiplay has graciously offered to keep these machines running until the end of the year” so probably December 31st

(Mc1412013) #3

I thought that was for comunity multi play servers only not i3d or official. I thought official servers were going to be re evaluated at end of year to see what stays up and what gets taken off line.

I dont think d.b. is being shut down in december. I think it will be more up to us the players to keep it running. I can see them taking 1-2 machine offline theres still a lot of servers in n.a. being utilized and a few being not used if db keeps 1 machine in east and one for west id be fine as theres rentals being under utilized as well they did say i3d was being implimented to keep db going as long as they it can

(Press E) #4

The official servers are all shutting down, SD outlined it here: https://www.dirtybomb.com/news/dirty-bomb-server-hosting-update/

Keep in mind that they’ve removed all monetization from DB, so the amount of players playing doesn’t really matter anymore since they’re not making money off them.

EDIT: Now that I think about it SD might be making a partial cut of money from server rentals, but they haven’t mentioned it to my knowledge so idk. Rented servers don’t get very much use right now anyways with dedicated servers being a thing, so it’s still not much

(Mc1412013) #5

Inthought this This is about comunity servers not the official servers besides untill we know what there secret project is i will assume its db 2.0

(Press E) #6

I was replying to this

Regardless though, DB currently uses Multiplay for their game servers. Since Multiplay is shutting down their game servers, official servers are shutting down at the end of the year, and community servers are switching from Multiplay to i3d. As far as I know there’s been no word as to how long i3d community servers will be available after december, but as long as there are people still using them we should be good

(Mc1412013) #7

I thought Multiplay isnt shutting down. I thought they stopped individual rentals becuase they were not profiting enough so they decided to focus on large scale rentals to devs

(Mustang) #8

Where is this news that servers are shutting down?

There is no chance DB will just be “turned off” there is too much love from both developers and community for it.

Although it still sickens me that we didn’t get server binaries (yet), I just don’t find renting as the only option to be fair.

(Mc1412013) #9

As far as i know hes refering to the multi play announcement as far as i remember they stated they would re evaluate the official servers to see what under utilized and shut off

And yeah doubt it will be shut down. They cant even release a vid on there you tube channel with out geting tons of hate for killing d.b and new players joining in all the time

Im getting tired of all these people trying to get people to freak out and leave the game because its dying