What SD game would you want to see next?

(Dragonji) #21

It doesn’t mean it’s bad if you don’t like it. CoD is just a TOTALLY different shooter than SD’s ones.

(tokamak) #22

COD is great fun until after an hour or so it becomes repetitive.

(H0RSE) #23

To me, the problem with COD is that it tried to mix aspects from both twitch shooters like Quake, with more “realistic” gameplay, like Battlefield. The end result is lackluster.

(StalkerDeaf) #24

deaf and dumb, yes,

(Dormamu) #25

As a general rule, you don’t play with your food! :smiley:

(retsy) #26

we hate cod? fish oil is healthy for your hair and nails, kids.

i see alot of love for enemy territory style games here, lets hope the powers that be are paying attention. of course apples started the thread so… probably not :smiley:

(warbie) #27

The gameplay from RTCW/ET in any setting. I wouldn’t care if it was wooden soldiers vs werewolves.

(Psygnosis.) #28

Voted for Wolf : ET !

Why? Because atm there is a lack of WWII games and i miss the awesome gameplay and clan wars in Wolfenstein… They were just sweet ! Obviously i don’t refuse a ET:QW2 or also a Brink 2… Dirty Bomb will be released and hope it will bring back the gamepaly of ET ! =)

(BaaHumbug) #29

[QUOTE=Apples;388956]Oi Oi, I’m bored so just here to start a little poll, which can be usefull for SD I think, please say what you want “fixed” or kept in detail if you vote.

I personaly would really like to see ETQW 2 with, in priorities :

• DONT BREAK WHAT IS WORKING !!! (vehicle - inf - weapons balance // UI // General speed of the game // weaponbank and general customisation via cfg and console)

• Fixed netcode : that is the main etqw problem IMO, new engine can do the trick?

• Comp mod and SDK ready at day 1 : aim for a comp game, old quakers / etqw / W:ET ppl are STARVING for a decent comp game ala SD style.

• Reuse the old maps with some slight changes which can be grab from the community + A new batch of maps, keep it balanced with inf map only and vehicles + inf maps

• Better custom maps integration, thru a “sd label” or something which can bring some maps from custom to “official”, or even better, no freaking ranked server

• Keep stats personal, you can compare beetween you and your friends but no general leaderboards which bring grinds

I’ll add stuffs which may come to mind, and i’m sure other peoples have plenty of stuffs to say on the matter.

Peace[/QUOTE]

Stick me down for 2 copies :smiley:

(Scarhand) #30

I voted W:ET remake, but I’m afraid everyone from W:ET will move over to it, and it will be significantly inferior from the original.

(acQu) #31

Most likely i find ET:QW2 should be SDs next game. W:ET2 is probably too big of a risk, because it will very very likely create only dissappointment (see wolf 2009). So i wouldn’t touch it :slight_smile:

If not ET:QW2 or W:ET2, then rather create nothing than something generic, unoptional or linear. It has potential of bankrupting in my eyes. This is why i have my issues with what i have seen from Dirty Bomb so far.

The following games from the FPS genre are what caused the biggest impact on me last year: Borderlands 2 (great weapon mechanics, very well thought out, heavily extendable by creating moddable weapons), DayZ (looting, item stuff, good atmosphere, something not yet seen so far) and Planetside 2 (basically very similar to ET:QW, has gamecurrency and an incredibly huge addictive factor by that, you can upgrade your weaponry, vehicles, classes, very indepth system, huge open world environment).

Maaaaaaaybe combine these three to my next SD game :smiley:

(acQu) #32

Most likely i find ET:QW2 should be SDs next game. W:ET2 is probably too big of a risk, because it will very very likely create only dissappointment (see wolf 2009). So i wouldn’t touch it :slight_smile:

If not ET:QW2 or W:ET2, then rather create nothing than something generic, unoptional or linear. It has potential of bankrupting in my eyes. This is why i have my issues with what i have seen from Dirty Bomb so far.

The following games from the FPS genre are what caused the biggest impact on me last year: Borderlands 2 (great weapon mechanics, very well thought out, heavily extendable by creating moddable weapons), DayZ (looting, item stuff, good atmosphere, something not yet seen so far) and Planetside 2 (basically very similar to ET:QW, has gamecurrency, xp and certification system behind that = incredibly huge addictive factor, you can upgrade your weaponry, vehicles, classes, very indepth system, huge open world environment).

Maaaaaaaybe combine these three to my next SD game :smiley:

(RasteRayzeR) #33

And with games like planet side 2, it becomes really hard to make these kind of games with new innovations …

(Mustang) #34

Well Planet Side 2 is pretty awful so there’s plenty of room for improvement.

(Nail) #35

Lego w:et!

(W4rheart) #36

this with the addition of some Tapirs.

(iwound) #37

Multiplayer Pirate ships.

(gangstarN) #38

ET:QW2 or W:ET2

(q-jack) #39

w:et remake! fast gameplay, modding / mapping / config stuff.

(Rex) #40

You are a bit late guys…