What’s the point of having Nitrado as server provider?

(Unfamous) #1

I have multiple DB servers, from 6v6, 7v7, 8v8 to 12v12 and 16v16. Community servers with community rules. Pure legal for every single slot paid. Since i3d era.

You know, back then I was about to uninstall DB from the boredom and repetitiveness when I got a plan to change the rules and start 32 slot and it worked! Not only for me but for other players too! They told me wow this is game changer! Finally. We had a fun and blast once again! And we still have.

My question is.

I was thinking, what’s the point of having Nitrado as server provider for community servers? I dont understand. If devs want community servers to become official servers with some strict rules, to have them handled differently, well they can pay and rent for them and they can call them “official servers”.

I think Players are not here to do dev job or to pay for official servers with official rules. Why we cant have freedom?

We have No ftp access, no real ban options, nothing absolute no control over our servers.

And now you SD want to take from us all the fun we have? Because 5 players complain they cant frag-own the servers and cant have 100+ kills there? We dont want single army heroes to ruin our servers!

My servers are funded by the community. Yeah! By the players! Players from different countries, different time zones and different skills. And its not one single donator but dozens of players they donate every month to keep our servers alive so they can play some rounds after work.

Im not speaking for myself here but for them. What should I tell them. Its over because SD don’t want this? Because of some troll complain messages from players they not even play DB anymore for years?

We players together build over time largest DB community. Unfamous. Do you want to destroy us? Sure, game will continue but it will be once again boring and sad place.

(Smooth) #2

Dirty Bomb was designed, developed, and tested with a maximum of 16 players in mind. The levels themselves were built for 5v5 players being the ideal, with extra wiggle room to go up to 8v8 in public play.

We do want server renters to have the ability to customise their experience and have control over their playing space, but there are necessary limits in place to maintain the quality and consistency of the experience that players have come to expect from the game. Nitrado has worked to prevent bypassing some of these limits.

Going over 16 players can cause issues with framerate, server-performance, spawn locations, map balance, game balance, and general stability. It’s also entirely untested, so other unknown issues may appear.

(Smooth) closed #3