What is your thoughts on Tattoos?

(Reddeadcap) #1

I highly doubt I’ll ever get one of my own.

Not the very imaginative person myself, I find way too often than tattoos are sadly some really cheesy design someone just pointed at out of the blue and told the artist “that one” rather than a really deeply thought out design the tattooee had done or though of beforehand or made up with the artists assistance.

If I were to get one, I’d want it to be something really important with something only my family and friends could know, the name of a lost family member or close friends, a design my family and relatives could only know the origin of, etc.

What are your thoughts on tattoos, like them, hate them, want one, waiting for something special?

I have two tattoos and I’ve branded myself. (Not the sissy stuff that’s drawn on with a surgical laser, a real brand stamping.) I don’t like art or consider myself very creative, but I think a lot of historical and religious symbolism is interesting. I’ll likely be adding more tattoos down the road. The only ones I dislike are the super artsy nerds that get some full-body portrait crap done and try to make it sound so meaningful and beautiful. That or the cliché, basic chick and bro’ stuff like barbwire and some inspirational quote they found on FaceBook.

(Ptiloui) #3

Im not tattooed myself either, but i share the same thoughts as you. Tattoo should represent something really important to me and which will stay true till the death. And of course, it should be unique. I would be very disappointed to meet someone that has the same tattoo or with similarities.
And i think this resume why i don’t have one for now. Finding something important AND unique, and the process of designing it and so on, is really hard.

If you want some inspiration : http://thechive.com/2016/09/30/tattoos-turn-scars-into-beautiful-art-and-inspiring-stories-20-photos/

(CyberVonCyberus) #4

Eh, about the same opinion as you Reddead, I personally can’t think of anything worth branding myself with nor do I currently see the point in doing so, a tattoo stays with you until death, so it better be good or you’ll either stay with your brand of shame or end up just like Pheonix trying to remove it.

(Reddeadcap) #5

@CyberVonCyberus said:
Eh, about the same opinion as you Reddead, I personally can’t think of anything worth branding myself with nor do I currently see the point in doing so, a tattoo stays with you until death, so it better be good or you’ll either stay with your brand of shame or end up just like Pheonix trying to remove it.

Not only that, over time it would fade more and more so if it’s an intricate one a lot of the details with wear off and to get a tattoo removed is an even more expensive process and if you want a cover-up tattoo, you’ll have to think of a reasonable replacement.

@Reddeadcap said:

@CyberVonCyberus said:

Not only that, over time it would fade more and more so if it’s an intricate one a lot of the details with wear off and to get a tattoo removed is an even more expensive process and if you want a cover-up tattoo, you’ll have to think of a reasonable replacement.

Think y’all are too worried about how others perceive it and have subscribed to the idea that it’s gotta have some lengthy and interesting backstory behind it. You don’t/won’t have to justify it to others. Now, I’m not sayin’ go out and get something ridiculous for the sake of it, but if it’s something that interests you then that’s good enough. Obviously don’t get one in a stupid place on your body as that’s probably the only type of perception you’ve gotta worry about - at least when it comes to certain fields of work. I think a good rule of thumb would be to brainstorm what you want, hang onto it, and if you are still open to the idea a year later then go for it. Nobody is as shocked or intrigued by tattoos nowadays with the types of freaks we have walking around. Just my 2 cents for ya. It’s always kinda funny to me how people with no body ‘art’ or ‘modifications’ get all fascinated and obsessive over needing a deep meaning for it.

Anyway, anyone else got some stuff they wanna share or things they might want to get? Always cool to check out what people have done. Here’s the brand on my arm:

It’s a symbol. A symbol with a meaning. My tattoos are symbols with meanings too, but they may or may not be forum appropriate. Also, I’ve probably shared them too many times between two other forums so I best not be giving my identity away, right? Can’t have the big bad gubmint agents after me. :wink: See, no reasons and exaggerations necessary.

(Mc1412013) #7

I find them dumb and pointless like those rings people use to make there ear lobes so big . Plus i heard the ink increases your chance of cancer. Though some girls do look hot with them if not in stupid places. i wouldnt not date some one with some if i was single enless it had a bad meani g to it lile racisim

(henki000) #8

There is nothing wrong with tattoos. 2018 new year eve, my friend had bought a new tattoo machine and booze. He just started to tattooing himself on the leg, but after first line he tried to clean the ink. Ink just spreaded and made this blob that wasnt easily washed. Next day there was no trace of ink. Damn I was so tempted to get my first tattoo, but its actually quite difficult to use that machinery. It’s almost impossible to get something that looks art, and those tattoo artist are very talented.

I dont have any tattoos, but someday I will get this Michael Scofield style full body or some book to texted. I just dont have few thousand euros to spent for it and dont think its worth it, unless you get it for free from some drunkard with great memories.

PS.
Perhaps I should tattoo “EXECUTION” to my wrist or fingers, when he solves this ink blob problem.

(CyberVonCyberus) #9

@henki000 said:

PS.
Perhaps I should tattoo “EXECUTION” to my wrist or fingers, when he solves this ink blob problem.

Well that’s totally not edgy