What is the power of commander in this forum ?

(martha_smith) #1

i mean what commander can do .

(Shenaynays) #2

it tells you what perks each level has. Commander specifically, gets a signature.

(martha_smith) #3

@Shenaynays

Thanks

(martha_smith) #4

@Shenaynays

but there is no dislike option

& what is necro bumping ?

(Ptiloui) #5

Necro bumping is posting in a thread that got no reply for months or years.

As for me, it’s necro bumping only if people doesn’t add anything interesting in the thread. If, for example, you find a one year old thread about some bugs which you encounter recently, I find suitable to necro this thread to point that said bug isn’t completely solved.

(martha_smith) #6

@Ptiloui but how can i find such a thread ?

(Ptiloui) #7

In subforums (in General Chat for example) you can see there are pages upper right and lower right for older threads. You may even find threads that were created in 2014. While it may be interesting to read those threads, a golden rule on the internet says that you shall not post in those threads because they are considered dead. Doing so is necro bumping.

(TheManBehindTheMask) #8

@Ptiloui said:
In subforums (in General Chat for example) you can see there are pages upper right and lower right for older threads. You may even find threads that were created in 2014. While it may be interesting to read those threads, a golden rule on the internet says that you shall not post in those threads because they are considered dead. Doing so is necro bumping.

Aka. Violating old threads aka. Necrophilia.

(AlbinMatt) #9

We recently had a law reform. That’s the new user guidelines. Not much has changed afaik, since I only joined since last year.

(Xenithos) #10

@AlbinMatt said:
http://forums.dirtybomb.com/discussion/39024/community-rules-and-guidelines-update#latest

We recently had a law reform. That’s the new user guidelines. Not much has changed afaik, since I only joined since last year.

Honestly afaik those were an UPDATE, and all of the old rules apply. I’d even asked Eox about a couple of rules that were “missing” and he had told me privately he had thought they were common sense before re-adding them. 90% of everything in the old forum rules by MissMurder are still relevant.

@martha_smith said:
@Shenaynays

but there is no dislike option
The dislike button was removed a long time ago, pretty much before beta on steam was released. Too many people were abusing it, and since it could incur negative points, it often felt like nothing constructive was being done if people simply disliked your comment.

Nowadays, if you dislike someone’s comment, you can state that. If you DISAGREE, then you mark DISAGREE and you say why. Disagree Does not equal Dislike. <<That’s also in the updated rules too.

I highly suggest you read the rules and updated rules sections before really going into anything else.

ALSO, about necro-bumping? Bumping is a term on forums on the internet where commenting on a post “bumps” that post to the top of the board. This means that active threads are constantly brought to the top, think like reddit, etc. Necro bumping is when you bump a thread that was already dead, bringing an old thread that we already are done with back to the front. Usually it’s better to create a new thread with the same ideas phrased differently instead of necro bumping. It encourages fresher communication and changes of ideas, etc.