What is the community's opinion of Dome as a map?

(Doggerinoz) #1

Why do you hate it/love it/not care at all?

I’ve recently realized that a lot of people seem to absolutely hate this map while a lot of people absolutely love it. Personally I love it because it offers large open spaces which is a befit for Kira’s lazer.

Oh yeah and a friendly reminder

(LifeupOmega) #2

It’s alright/10

(TheStrangerous) #3

I really enjoy it, the only thing bugging me is the amount of wasted space, in the last spawn of defenders.

(Doggerinoz) #4

Yeah fair enough, it also takes a while to get from spawn to the bomb point on the last objective.

(AlbinMatt) #5

Cool choke points, wasted space, and severe spawn camps on the first objective.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #6

I like it but somehow with every big map it’s a pub game nightmare. People who are still learning the game can get caught dying in the same places repeatedly, forcing them to run back from the spawn a decent distance only to die again in the same choke point. Overall it just ends up being not a user-friendly map for newbies (especially on the offense). The issue is further compounded by its size, which inherently requires you to know the layout and the optimal methods for playing it if you don’t want to struggle through each phase.

Essentially to me its more of a map suited for coordinated teams, especially with the scale and size of the map itself, and not casual gameplay. So personally I like the map and its one of my favorites but it just doesn’t mesh well outside an actual team of players.

(ImSploosh) #7

@TheStrangerous said:
I really enjoy it, the only thing bugging me is the amount of wasted space, in the last spawn of defenders.

Dome is by far my favorite map (Chapel coming in a close second). This however, is the most annoying thing about the map in general. There’s a lot of waste space where things could be implemented.

Even in the beginning of the map, you have a 100% useless side route from the attackers spawn. There isn’t even a ledge at the end so you can peak over and take out snipers. It seriously leads to nothing. You also have two big buildings in the center on the first objective that could have been utilized for another route or two.

Second objective gets a bit better, but you still have some wasted space where cover could be inserted or trick jumps added. There’s also the matter of invisible walls and things being blocked off which just ruin the gameplay and flow of the map.

The third objective of course has the defenders side run through an awesome path (on both sides). However, this path is useless because it’s just a path. There’s rarely any fighting around it. I’d love to see it become more connected to the final objective somehow. I’d like to see a lot of the routes/areas or spots become useful. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want anything taken away, just altered so they’re utilized better. I use almost every nook and cranny when I play on the map, so much so that it pisses people off when I come out of nowhere and backstab them!

A lot of people dislike the map for almost no reason from what I’ve seen. It seems to be more of a bandwagon thing than anything else.

(CyberVonCyberus) #8

I adore this map honestly, very large, many flank routes (some useful others not so much) and many hiding spots
perfect for any phantom player or cheeky flanking nader like me

and the best thing is there is no unbeatable sniping spots in which an MLG lvl 420 pro sniper can camp forever and single handedly wipe out the entire team

something that another map which seems to be praised by everyone cough chapel *cough * has, seriously screw that middle road with 0 cover on chapel, it’s a no-fun zone whenever there is a competent sniper on the defending team

(AlbinMatt) #9

@CyberVonCyberus said:
I adore this map honestly, very large, many flank routes (some useful others not so much) and many hiding spots
perfect for any phantom player or cheeky flanking nader like me

and the best thing is there is no unbeatable sniping spots in which an MLG lvl 420 pro sniper can camp forever and single handedly wipe out the entire team

something that another map which seems to be praised by everyone cough chapel *cough * has, seriously @$!# that middle road with 0 cover on chapel, it’s a no-fun zone whenever there is a competent sniper on the defending team

Assuming you’re Jackal, you should respawn right in front of an alleyway. Rush that alley, and flank that cheeky dick-waffle from the ammo crate.

(CyberVonCyberus) #10

still that last strech is horrendous, EV gets stuck in the middle of the enemy team and they have a ton of cover (especially if they have a good sniper) while your engineer doesn’t