A fun topic, where we take hybrid mercs (Phantom, Javelin, Guardian) and separate them into 2 new mercs, of course tweaked to fit their role group.
Here’s my take:
- The Engineer merc is basically Turtle with drone.
- The Medic has a Revive Glove and Med packs (Because that would put Phoenix out of business, feel free to debate on this one)
- The Assault merc is Fragger with RPG, not sure if there’s need to compensate for the loss of ammo belt… 3rd alt fire mode for RPG? 3 mini rockets or shock combo equivalent form UT series?
- The Fire Support merc has an ammo belt, for sure. But coming up with a new artillery strike can be tricky… Or maybe add a buff ability, like Rally from Battlefront series, commonly known as Buff Banner from TF2. It is fire support, after all.
This one is a hard nut to crack…
Does refractive armor count as recon? Does Emp count as assault, cause Thunder’s conc had that effect before?
There’s so much contradictions and retcons… but let’s just make a theoretical scenario…
- The Recon merc has a spotting field, which is either separate ability or tied to refractive armor (debatable, I’d prefer it as separate ability)
- The Assault merc is a master saboteur, he either has a throwable EMP nade/device or EMP bubble, much like Guardian’s Revive bubble, or both. Seeing of Thunder’s EMP effect on his conc wasn’t very useful, maybe allowing enemy deployables turn into friendly would provide utility.
Wow, look how many potential mercs we can have. if we perform analysis on these hybrid mercs. That was fun.