What if snipers were gunslingers instead?

(TheStrangerous) #1

Just a fun non-serious theory thread.

In Lawbreakers (yeah I knows, stop comparing DB to other shooters, whatever) there are no snipers, but instead we get gunslinger class.
That class is also a sharpshooter, like sniper. But designed to be more close quarter than long range. Something like Deagle player from CS:GO (Or R8 revolver cowboys, YEEHAAW!).

What would happen if DB had gunslingers instead? How would that affect the overall meta?

Again, just a fun thread for speculations.

(GatoCommodore) #2

@TheStrangerous said:
Just a fun non-serious theory thread.

In Lawbreakers (yeah I knows, stop comparing DB to other shooters, whatever) there are no snipers, but instead we get gunslinger class.
That class is also a sharpshooter, like sniper. But designed to be more close quarter than long range. Something like Deagle player from CS:GO (Or R8 revolver cowboys, YEEHAAW!).

What would happen if DB had gunslingers instead? How would that affect the overall meta?

Again, just a fun thread for speculations.

who the hell still use singe action revolver in 2020

even ocelot moved to Mateba

(watsyurdeal) #3

If I were trying to make an arena style shooter this is probably the sort of balance I would use. No instant kills, but headshots would be a property I would use on a handcannon or m14 style rifle.

Two headshots and it’s a kill, basically.

(BlackboltLW) #4

I think the S&W in-game almost fit the role

Aim and shoot away with bang

(TheStrangerous) #5

Just remembered how Grandeur and Dreiss already fit that role (close range sharpshootin’ primaries).

But in order to make secondaries good sharpshootin’ primaries, either one handcannon should be be really strong as primary long gun, or dual wield already existing revolvers.

(frostyvampire) #6

I don’t mind having a completely new merc that could be a gunslinger and also be in the recon section.

But changing Aimee and Vassili (Redeye doesn’t count because he is just an auto noob) is a big no no from me. I like my sniperino

(TheStrangerous) #7

@frostyvampire said:
I don’t mind having a completely new merc that could be a gunslinger and also be in the recon section.

But changing Aimee and Vassili (Redeye doesn’t count because he is just an auto noob) is a big no no from me. I like my sniperino

Right now good snipers don’t have a good counter, other than good snipers.

However if you throw a gunslinger into the mix…

"When the man with a 45 meets the man with a rifle, you said, “the man with a pistol is a dead man.” Let’s see if it’s true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

(watsyurdeal) #8

@TheStrangerous said:
Just remembered how Grandeur and Dreiss already fit that role (close range sharpshootin’ primaries).

But in order to make secondaries good sharpshootin’ primaries, either one handcannon should be be really strong as primary long gun, or dual wield already existing revolvers.

To be honest they could fit that role even better if the ttk were a little lower. But I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

(LifeupOmega) #9

Would make the game more tolerable when you’re not being one shot across the map.

(Guziol) #10

I always love me some gunslinging in fps. Not sure how they would implement it but i would love to see the devs try.

(TheStrangerous) #11

I take that back, regarding Grandeur and Dreiss.

After trying RedEye with grandeur, it doesn’t feel “gunlisngerish” enough.
Grandeur is something between sniper rifle and assault rifle. It’s still a typical long range sniper playstyle.
While Dreiss, is just manual assault riffle, a pistol in rifle’s clothing. Typical assault playstyle, just like M4/Timik and burst rifles.

Yeah, so if any new recon merc was added, let it be gunslinger. There’s a lack of powerful enough handguns, standing toe to toe with rifles.

Mare’s leg could fit that role.

INB4 I played too much FoF :wink:

(Szakalot) #12

@TheStrangerous Grandeur is definitely not your typical sniper rifle, its very strong in close quarters too, if you have a corner to juke around

(TitaniumRapture) #13

I would love to see no snipers in game so totally yeah.

@TheStrangerous Btw that mares leg looks sick. :slight_smile: