What I feel when I use the flash bang

(Drcipres) #1

Maybe it is just me, or the flash bang doesnt hit from the back or the hitboxex are weird, but I throw a flash bang, and even if the enemy is near, seems like it doesnt count.
Also, I don´t found very fair that you get blind that much for watching you throw the flash bang at the distance, this limites Thunder a lot, having to take advantage from corners and that kind of stuff

(Rjsto) #2

That’s what flashbangs are like, you can’t look at them yourself in real life either, lol

(zNes) #3

That’s the way the fbs works… if someone drops a flashbang behind NEVER you get full banged.

(zNes) #4

Sorry i need to quote that lol

(Drcipres) #5

I can understand that making sense, but I dont think this game is trying to mimic reality, it is just a game, also, the effect on yourself should be reduced atleast, so the Thunder gots a bit of an advantage

(Szakalot) #6

totally agree with dcipres. flashbang is very hard to pull off against experienced players, usually you are just better of using your weapon. that helmet thunder wears should protect him at least partially from selfflashing

(SereneFlight) #7

I throw le bang far away, turn 90 degrees and helloo blindness.
Enemy bang is close to me, I turn 90 degrees… it tickles!
I wall jump, throw the bang other side of the wall, le bang goes off when I hit the ground and helllooooo blindness because bricks are made of paper.

(Drcipres) #8

[quote=“SereneFlight;114088”]I throw le bang far away, turn 90 degrees and helloo blindness.
Enemy bang is close to me, I turn 90 degrees… it tickles!
I wall jump, throw the bang other side of the wall, le bang goes off when I hit the ground and helllooooo blindness because bricks are made of paper.[/quote]

I actually turn around, but isnt the easiest way, also, they should add the same animation for the flash bangs that fragger has with the nades, so we can count the seconds left

(Mr-Penguin) #9

If anything, the actual concussion range of the nades is really low, and the flash effect is… unreliable to say the least. Half the time it seems to do nothing, and the other half it blinds yourself.

(Rjsto) #10

Only logical solution I could think would be if he had some goggles like Redeye, but they would make the screen darker, like welding goggles. But you’d have to put them on before grenade goes off. Wouldn’t be that much of a hassle either if they would be instant like Redeye’s goggles

(Fiktio) #11

Nader can get killed by her own nades.
Skyhammer can get killed by his own airstrike.
Fragger can hurt himself by his own nade.
Stoker can burn in his own fire.
Why should Thunder be different and not get blinded by his own concussion nade?

Throw the concussion nade
Turn away
Turn back and go after enemies
Gonna catch them all!

:slight_smile:

(Aazhyd) #12

Its totally bugged. Range of the flash is huge and walls and other obstacles dont seem to matter.

How stupid is it that you throw it AWAY from yourself and still get flashed?

(DeaDmaN2be) #13

http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/46434-Argh-I-m-blind?p=541889&viewfull=1#post541889

It’s bugged, that’s why.

(Drcipres) #14

[quote=“Fiktio;114432”]Nader can get killed by her own nades.

Turn away
Gonna catch them all!

[/quote]

The problem is that it should blind less the further you are from the flash bang, but even if you throw in trainyard from one spawn to the other spawn, you will get fully blinded

(Feley) #15

[quote=“Drcipres;114495”][quote=“Fiktio;114432”]Nader can get killed by her own nades.

Turn away
Gonna catch them all!

[/quote]

The problem is that it should blind less the further you are from the flash bang, but even if you throw in trainyard from one spawn to the other spawn, you will get fully blinded[/quote]

Not only that… I played last round against enemy Thunder, and he throws concussion, I look at it, and it only turned my screen white for like a moment or a second (way way less than it should), also that happened about 75% of time…
My guess is enemy Thunder thrown concussion nade… he got blind, I didn’t… That just wasn’t fair at all :frowning:

(Drcipres) #16

[quote=“Feley;114513”][quote=“Drcipres;114495”][quote=“Fiktio;114432”]Nader can get killed by her own nades.

Turn away
Gonna catch them all!

[/quote]

The problem is that it should blind less the further you are from the flash bang, but even if you throw in trainyard from one spawn to the other spawn, you will get fully blinded[/quote]

Not only that… I played last round against enemy Thunder, and he throws concussion, I look at it, and it only turned my screen white for like a moment or a second (way way less than it should), also that happened about 75% of time…
My guess is enemy Thunder thrown concussion nade… he got blind, I didn’t… That just wasn’t fair at all :frowning: [/quote]

It has a lot of bugs, hopefully they fix his flash bangs in the next fine tunning

(Fiktio) #17

[quote=“Drcipres;114495”][quote=“Fiktio;114432”]Nader can get killed by her own nades.

Turn away
Gonna catch them all!

[/quote]

Yeah, that range is weird how it is right now.
Though apparently the nade has several bugs, so let’s hope they will get fixed asap.

(Lumi) #18

I totally agree that the flash bang shouldn’t blind you, or at least not to that extend, since you can throw it and take cover, yet the server lag (with less than 50ping) will occasionally full flash you although you were behind the wall. In this state it just seems like I get flashed more often than the enemy does.

But I believe that the flash bang has currently a big range issue. It doesn’t make sense that it feels like jumping into the sun when looking at it go off 10 to 15m from you. Only a stadium spotlight right in your face achieves that effect. I’m okay with it flashing but it should be proportional to the distance between you and the flash bang, not just the angle of vision to it…

(Drcipres) #19

[quote=“Lumi;115189”]

But I believe that the flash bang has currently a big range issue. It doesn’t make sense that it feels like jumping into the sun when looking at it go off 10 to 15m from you. Only a stadium spotlight right in your face achieves that effect. I’m okay with it flashing but it should be proportional to the distance between you and the flash bang, not just the angle of vision to it…[/quote]
That is a glitch, it should affect by range, so hopefully in the next fine tunning update, they will fix it

(Adam) #20

Instantly though of this gem when you said that.