What happened to rez immunity?

(Sairdontis) #1

It seems lately when I rez people even if their only reaction is too attempt to run away they still can be gibbed on during the rezzing animation. Also with the auto sniper rifle again it leaves very little time to rez someone down by it by a medic. This erodes the medic’s role in the fight if there is no time to rez them even if they are right beside you in the fight.

(Press E) #2

I’ve been a medic main since I joined and I’ve never noticed a difference with it. Rez immunity is still there, but only after the reviving animation is done and the person gets up. Before then, they can still be finished off.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing either, it means you have to have play strategically and gives medics a higher skill ceiling. Medics are already a pretty easy role, just hold E and all. Being mortal while you’re being revived means you have to carefully watch a person’s HP to make sure you can revive them before they even hit the ground. This makes ranged medics like Sporks or Guardian particularly useful, or even someone like Aura who can quickly jump to their teammate.