Accuracy
Damage given / damage received

Dedicated servers
VOIP, but it should be off by default.
Large maps (30+ players)
1 person spectator mode
Good working anti-cheat
Demo recording
Streaming support (to websites like twitch or own3d)
I would love to see a SDK, but if that’s not possible map editor tools.

Easter eggs
Dirty Bombs[/QUOTE]

(engiebenjy) #22

The supply crate from ETQW, i miss those!!

(Apples) #23
  • Custom map integration +++ easy to get on a server, maybe a vote system to avoid the bazzilion crap map

• Custom Soundmode possible for some extent (footsteps and battlesense sounds in general should stay pure, weapon sound on the other hands +++) and clientside only, this way no one has to ear that i,ve put the q3 shotgun sound for my ears pleasure instead of the game original shotgun sound

• Fast paced

• Vehicles with balance depending on the number of players on the map

• Dont break what is already working : general pace, weapon bank, sprint, low spread, high recoil for the powerfull weapons, cookable nade, and so on (exhaustive list later)

• The more important, focus on the core game and build the incentive and perks around it, if the game is relatively fast paced, high learnin curve, the hitboxes are right and it’s bugs free, people will love it and play it, if the perks around it are not balance killer and do not interfere too much with the core game but bring something more, people will adore it and the game will be in all mouthes and in all home :slight_smile:

Peace

(YouAreGood) #24

With good accuracy(ET-like spraying) and lack of iron-sights needed to get it, we won;'t need mods, just maps. That can possibly make things easier to provide. The only things I would miss would be chicken-grenades and flower-mines…

(Apples) #25

Why no iron sight? They were pretty much nice in etqw

(nh0j) #26

+1 No iron-sight. Slows down the gameplay.

Accurate hip fire please.

(rorgoroth) #27

I don’t like iron-sights either and much prefer accurate hip-fire weapons for fast gameplay but what about ironsights for mid/long range which only offer semi-auto or burst depending on the weapon when iron-sighting?

Beats using hacky-not-so-great fov script/binds (if they will even be possible in the game).

(iwound) #28

1/ loads of maps
2/ evil and righteous teams
3/ open areas, large maps
4/ motion detectors
5/ double jumps
6/ dynamic objects
7/ non restrictive use of items, ie i can put that any where i want.

(SockDog) #29

[QUOTE=Apples;411654]- Custom map integration +++ easy to get on a server, maybe a vote system to avoid the bazzilion crap map

• Custom Soundmode possible for some extent (footsteps and battlesense sounds in general should stay pure, weapon sound on the other hands +++) and clientside only, this way no one has to ear that i,ve put the q3 shotgun sound for my ears pleasure instead of the game original shotgun sound

• Fast paced

• Vehicles with balance depending on the number of players on the map

• Dont break what is already working : general pace, weapon bank, sprint, low spread, high recoil for the powerfull weapons, cookable nade, and so on (exhaustive list later)

• The more important, focus on the core game and build the incentive and perks around it, if the game is relatively fast paced, high learnin curve, the hitboxes are right and it’s bugs free, people will love it and play it, if the perks around it are not balance killer and do not interfere too much with the core game but bring something more, people will adore it and the game will be in all mouthes and in all home :slight_smile:

Peace[/QUOTE]

This man speaks much sense.

(WrongMan) #30

Hi guys, i was a huge Wolf ET fan, i played that game for years, its a shame no one does anymore…
brink was a huge downer for me, didn’t like it that much, sorry…
My favorite stuff from ET was the fast pace gameplay (the ironsights were a big factor here), the classes… The medics were a bit OP i think though, the server system, and the map system, players making maps is allways a good thing… maybe use a “karma” system like trackmania…

I have my fingers crossed on this one… best of luck developing this :smiley:

Oh, and the disguise thing was cool too

(YouAreGood) #31

[QUOTE=WrongMan;411758]Hi guys, i was a huge Wolf ET fan, i played that game for years, its a shame no one does anymore…
brink was a huge downer for me, didn’t like it that much, sorry…
My favorite stuff from ET was the fast pace gameplay (the ironsights were a big factor here), the classes… The medics were a bit OP i think though, the server system, and the map system, players making maps is allways a good thing… maybe use a “karma” system like trackmania…

I have my fingers crossed on this one… best of luck developing this :smiley:

Oh, and the disguise thing was cool too[/QUOTE]

Agree, medic should be a little bit less offensive class, and more like a… medic. Disguise system was best made in ET. ETQW changed it unnecessarily… Iron-sights in theory adds something to the depth of tactical shooter, although I don’t feel its what we need there. ET was cool without it, QW was a bit less cool with.

(montheponies) #32

crouch = iron sight in RTCW and W:ET, so not a biggy to have a spread modifier, just make sure the short to medium gunplay is left intact (as per RtCW).

On my list;

• No vehicles.
  • Limit WMD and other no-skill weapons.
  • Don’t be blinkered into making only one game mode (objective and stopwatch are just two sides of the same coin). You need to garner an audience, so include DM, CTF as well as objective - if you make the gunplay and movement good a lot of folk will start in one and hopefully progress onto the more competitive Obj/SW.
  • Keep spawnwaves for Obj/Sw.
  • Dont waste a ton of time and money on graphics - my RTCW config made it look like a spectrum48k game - dynamic shadows, HDR etc will all be sacrificed in the pursuit of making it easier to see the enemy. sorry graphic artists, but i’d rather see time spent on the ‘feel’ of movement, gunplay and good netcode. Graphics are window dressing.

As others have said, really dont deviate from the core ideas in RtCW - by all means add better out of game elements (matchmaking, findafriend etc etc) as long as it doesnt detract from the core gameplay.

And best of luck!

(Provok) #33

Hello, I’m from our beloved Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (playing it since 2006) and since it’s kinda dead now, that would be awesome to see Dirty Bomb going for the same gamestyle so here are some points to add to the game in my opinion :

• Teamplay oriented game with 4 or more classes (Medic, Engineer, Sniper …)
  • Possibility to spectate matches with a “Spectator Mode”
  • No Iron-Sight, just a crosshair like in good old times
  • No vehicles (or just vehicles to drive for objectives etc…)
  • Stopwatch mode (no flag capture please…)
  • Tweakable config (then every player even with bad PC will be able to play with low-quality config)
  • “Enemy Territory” maps

I’ll think about it and put more points in few days :stuck_out_tongue:

(-iWi-) #34

Breathe = some landscapes , vehicules, objectives,team play & some innovation; … new ideas ! please.

(knippon) #35

-fast movement

-strafe jumping

-weaponbank grenades!!!

-server browser like ETQW

-fast movement

-accurate weapons

-high skill ceiling, high learning curve.

(YouAreGood) #36

Disagree here. The feeling of a game like ET or QW is strongly influenced by how it is graphically designed too. Both ET and ETQW has this something. It’s not about how fancy effects you use, its about how you do that. And it is worth time. Compare how you feel after 2 hours with CS:S against the CS:GO aftermatch - graphics can be irritating, can fit the game building it’s reception along with other types of incentives, or means of “marketing”. Even harder to make it remain after configuration, this something :). ET and QW were well done in that dimension. We would have to waste much time on trying to prove it’s not significant, while apologists have quite easy thing to do, as there is plenty of theory around(psychology of marketing). Finally having separate “mechanisms” in brain responsible for getting pleasure from a game, and for trying to figure out what brings us the pleasure - we shall not easily erase what was good in the ET and QW. Simply saying - let’s not brink it.

Although I completely agree that we don’t need overrated cheap effects, that we will turn off anyway. Just need to say - we really appreciate your work designers! And as I don’t really see how artists could be easily transferred to code-writing, I have nothing against them spending whole their working time solely on the design. That was casuistic, I know… But it sounds convincing! :wink:

Anyway - either great netcode would fail without good style of visuals, and awesome graphical design wouldn’t gave a game success without some great code. We need all the components on their places.

What I want the upcoming game to be most, is coming back to the ET based on deep understanding of how severely Brink was a mistake.

About vehicles - I agree that there should be much of game-time without them, but I’d like to also have some campaigns with the vehicles. What seems to me as good solution is remaking the ET core-maps, and QW maps - why shall the work on them be wasted? Take a look on the Counter Strikes! What Valve does? Carefully walking up to a millimeter from their successful base idea, they are not brinking around! They are taking both maps and mechanics from the previous titles, why SD shouldn’t follow that path? It actually came to it declaratively - there is no “Brink” in “authors” part of the teaser :).

Hope dies last! Hope that DB will be ET and ETQW best. - just as Splash Damage ppl stated in the teaser.

(Ruben0s) #37

HELL NO. Imo everyone should play with the same settings, except for mousesensivity and FOV. With configs you can create an advantage. And this is unfair for people who are new to the game / not willing to invest time in optimizing their config.

RTCW/W:ET/QUAKE are the perfect examples why configs should be forbidden. I spend years in optimizing my configs, and with those configs I could see/hear/know way more things than the casual gamer. Resulting in complains (and tons of bans from unknowing admins), because I could see through smoke grenades, hear the enemy from miles away, became unhitable, remove almost all the recoil from guns. And there are way more things that gave me an advantage. This shouldn’t be possible and shows that the game is faulty, because everyone should have equal chances.

(Virus047) #38

[QUOTE=knippon;411818]-fast movement

-strafe jumping

-weaponbank grenades!!!

-server browser like ETQW

-fast movement

-accurate weapons

-high skill ceiling, high learning curve.[/QUOTE]

What he said…

PLUS

+Balanced maps with good choke points but open enough to make it interesting

+Comp ready with Stopwatch

+Spec Mode

(BMXer) #39
  • REALLY good hit registration

(DeTh) #40

I would love to see support for the competitive community as well as open avenues of discussion with people controlling the game so we can provide suggestions and the like for their competitive formats.
I would also love to see a BombTV or something like that so that people can easily watch the games with a spectator hud that gives them all the necessary information.