What do you think of Chapel Last?

(auwi) #1

Playing on Chapel is usually a great time for me, there’s good flanks and nice sniping spots around the place. A lot of it feels very strategically designed, and well thought out. But when I get put into Chapel’s last objective, I start to notice a lot of flaws, and become annoyed with how I feel its set up.

Some of my thoughts:

• Air support is far too useful (Airstrike spawncamping, anyone?)
  • Distance of engagement is too far away (Snipers galore)
  • Lack of cover as attacker coming from an entrance
  • Ease of visibility, hard to flank as attacker

Here are a few of my minor suggestions: https://imgur.com/a/xbrp3Pf

What do you guys think of Chapel last? What should be addressed and what can be ignored?

(kopyright) #2

I like a lot of the suggestions you made, especially since you made sure both sides benefit in the end. Maybe @stayfreshshoe and @SD_AK should have a look at these.

(Ptiloui) #3

I like the additional covers you’re suggesting for attackers, especially for the right flank. Also, the bridge is actually of no use, instead of the perfect way to be stuck in a dead trap. Maybe by adding some sort of watchtower on the other side, with more covers against fire support.
And definitively need to ease the pain for defenders to get out of the spawn, because right now, half the team is usually sniped/airstruck/naded before even reaching the bus.

(kopyright) #4

@Ptiloui said:
[…] half the team is usually sniped/airstruck/naded before even reaching the bus.

Sounds like London to me.

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #5

@Ptiloui said:
I like the additional covers you’re suggesting for attackers, especially for the right flank. Also, the bridge is actually of no use, instead of the perfect way to be stuck in a dead trap. Maybe by adding some sort of watchtower on the other side, with more covers against fire support.
And definitively need to ease the pain for defenders to get out of the spawn, because right now, half the team is usually sniped/airstruck/naded before even reaching the bus.

Yeah the bridge is a death trap, if you stay on it for any period of time as opposed to just passing through on it; its still quite weak in comparison to other routes but I still find use for it to get a quick Sticky Bomb or Grenade toss on certain areas near the Delivery Point or Bus before jumping off, back down to the ammo crate stairwell (assuming my team hasn’t pushed in and secured that area yet, thus rendering that approach unnecessary). It’s more of a loop-around route to get the proper vantage points for certain explosive tosses, and then quickly vacating it into cover, in it’s current state.

In fairness though I’m hesitant to advise altering it as SD could easily overdo any changes to that and make it an obnoxious camping spot to deal with. Besides, as it stands currently, I don’t trust them to not fuck something as simple as this up to some degree. I mean look what they did to Underground’s balcony, they completely removed the ability for Defenders to use it and made it the place people seem to go to hide and be useless on Attack; or in the case of a Sniper who can actually aim and knows what they’re doing, to be a massive and obnoxious pain in the ass to deal with.