What about the Hoigat?

(Brycko) #1

What is it’s state right now? It’s still the lowest damage pistol with high spread. Does anyone use it?

When it was originally released I originally though that it should be a sort of 2-burst or 3-burst pistol. The damage is too low and the spread it too high for anything else.

(hoyes) #2

Yeah it’s pretty garbage. I for one want a spread decrease as it seems the pistol is designed to be spammed yet has such high spread. A bit counter-intuitive if you ask me.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #3

With its high magazine size, it should’ve been made a burst fire. I just use good ole Deagle instead.

(GatoCommodore) #4

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:
With its high magazine size, it should’ve been made a burst fire. I just use good ole Deagle instead.

^this

deagle and caulden is just more reliable than the revolvers and more damaging per shot than the likes of m9 and hoigat.

(Mr.Cuddlesworth) #5

Simeon was decent before its rpm nerf.

(kirinichiban42) #6

@“Mr.Cuddlesworth” said:

DB check this advice out; this would make the hoigat so much more fun to play with. Just tweak the accuracy values so one can’t get ludicrous headshot damage from a distance.

(Brycko) #7

Thinking of reposting this to reddit…

(Sorotia) #8

@Brycko said:
What is it’s state right now? It’s still the lowest damage pistol with high spread. Does anyone use it?

When it was originally released I originally though that it should be a sort of 2-burst or 3-burst pistol. The damage is too low and the spread it too high for anything else.

I’d love it if it were a burst pistol!

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #9

Major thing I used to prefer any other pistol over M9 is actually a rate of fire. I may not be correct on this data, but you have to spam around 7.5 shots a second to sustain its full ~110 DPS. Low damage & high ROF combined with higher recoil(accuracy) per shot always made me prefer any other pistol.

Now moving to Hoigat, I’m not sure if you can even sustain those 8.5 shots a second to deal your theoretic 110 DPS entirely. Take that huge ROF and mix it with trash accuracy/recoil per shot all you get is very awfull practical DPS. You’ll have this choice:

1. to spam like crazy and miss a lot shots which cuts your practical DPS;
  2. go for accurate shots and sacrifice ROF which cuts your nominal DPS;

Second option is very far from being as rewarding as landing accurate 68, 60, 52 or even 40 head shots. 26 damage on headshot doesn’t look attractive at all expecially assuming you aren’t likely to hit another right after.

On the other hand 2- or 3-shot burst will let you fully utilize such ROF to go for (1) option and may be let you land accurate bursts to go for (2).

([ *O.C.B.* ] Wildcard) #10

@Brycko said:
Thinking of reposting this to reddit…

Satan… Is that you? :o

PS. Seriously though, that place is a haven for pointless shit posts and whiners these days; my advice is, if someone suggests looking at the Reddit, you ignore its existence and move along. Or to put it another way, “Don’t acknowledge it, don’t even make eye-contact with it, and maybe it will go away”.

@Sorotia said:

@Brycko said:

I’d love it if it were a burst pistol!

It’d be something new to play with at least… I mean we have primary weapons with burst-fire, we have for a long time, but no secondary weapons with burst-fire; what gives SD?

(Terminal_6) #11

Imagine my disappointment getting this

The only secondary that is so bad that its presence alone can turn me off of a loadout

(HadronZodiac) #12

Its true, a br hoigat would be better than this manual machine pistol. It has pretty pathetic damage and high spread, making it more of a poke someone from med distance if you don’t feel like using your main.

(GatoCommodore) #13

@HadronZodiac said:
Its true, a br hoigat would be better than this manual machine pistol. It has pretty pathetic damage and high spread, making it more of a poke someone from med distance if you don’t feel like using your main.

hoigat is pretty viable if used at close range and not spammed but then you can spam caulden and get better result when hits

caulden also reloads faster