What 144 Hz monitor

(FalC_16) #1

As the title says, I’d like to purchase a gaming monitor. I am quite picky and would like to have one with IPS panel and 144Hz.

The thing is that there are not many monitors like this out there. Acer predator is surely one that is in my mind.

I wanna avoid TN panel ones, the colors look very washed out.

My current rig is 4770k i7, 16GB ram, 290x sapphire. DB runs on 130 fps in average, everything maxed out on 1200p.

Any thoughts? Cheers

(bgyoshi) #2

I’m using an Asus MG279Q that pretty much hits all of your requirements on the spot.

$550 is a good price for it, mine was $100 more just this past summer. I use it pretty heavily and it has no issues. I’ll be getting a second one as soon as I can justify buying it.

(FalC_16) #3

@bgyoshi said:
I’m using an Asus MG279Q that pretty much hits all of your requirements on the spot.

https://www.amazon.com/MG279Q-27-Inch-FreeSync-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00ZOO348C

$550 is a good price for it, mine was $100 more just this past summer. I use it pretty heavily and it has no issues. I’ll be getting a second one as soon as I can justify buying it.

Thx for your reference. Looks nice, although it costs around 600€ in my area. How long have you been using it? Do you utilise freesync?

If i decide to go for nvidia in the future …would there be a conflict?

(bgyoshi) #4

@FalC_16 said:

Thx for your reference. Looks nice, although it costs around 600€ in my area. How long have you been using it? Do you utilise freesync?

Been using it since the summer, I think I bought it in July. It’s attached to my powerhouse machine that my husband uses for game development so it’s been getting assaulted for 15+ hours every day since then.

I don’t utilize freesync since I have a GTX 1080 in there, so it has no problems with NVidia as far as I know.

I’ve had it connected via DisplayPort since purchase.

(FalC_16) #5

@bgyoshi said:

@FalC_16 said:

Been using it since the summer, I think I bought it in July. It’s attached to my powerhouse machine that my husband uses for game development so it’s been getting assaulted for 15+ hours every day since then.

I don’t utilize freesync since I have a GTX 1080 in there, so it has no problems with NVidia as far as I know.

I’ve had it connected via DisplayPort since purchase.

Believe it or not, i have ordered it ^^ hope you dont let me down hehe

(bgyoshi) #6

@FalC_16 said:

Fingers crossed! I’ve been quite happy with mine

(Gamingbooster) #7

Hello, I am using ASUS VG248QE Gaming monitor.
https://gamingbuff.com/asus-vg248qe-review-budget-144hz-monitor/
It is $263.90. I also buy it on same rate. You can view it’s reviews here.

(Mc1412013) #8

@Gamingbooster said:
Hello, I am using ASUS VG248QE Gaming monitor.
https://gamingbuff.com/asus-vg248qe-review-budget-144hz-monitor/
It is $263.90. I also buy it on same rate. You can view it’s reviews here.

I have 2 of these i used goo gone elbow greaseand some microfiber towels to carefully to get rid of the hideous 3d logo then buffed it with car wax to get the most of the shine back.

(FalC_16) #9

@bgyoshi said:

@FalC_16 said:

Fingers crossed! I’ve been quite happy with mine

So I have got the screen. Its amazing how 144hz changes your life. The image is marvelous. One thing bothers me thou. The level of blacklight bleed is quite noticable. I see this is a common phenomenum for these gaming screens. I guess they are not meant for watching movies.

How is your monitor doing in this respect?

(bgyoshi) #10

@FalC_16 said:

How is your monitor doing in this respect?

Backlight bleed is a common issue with thin monitors in general, and these aren’t OLED panels so it’s to be expected.

I can’t say the bleed is too bad on my monitor, but I don’t watch movies on it, and it certainly isn’t meant for movies. Honestly, I haven’t noticed. It’s minimal at worst! When I play They Are Billions (which is a pretty dark game, especially around the edges) I don’t notice any abnormal light bleeding.

As with any monitor, the quality of the panels will vary from monitor to monitor. Sometimes you get a bad run of panels put in your monitor. If the bleed is unacceptably bad, you should be able to RMA it and get a new one. I’ve seen people post pictures of some bad backlight bleed with this monitor but they’ve gotten them replaced and been happy with the replacement.

So I’m not sure how bad you’re talking about, whether it’s just common bleed you won’t get rid of, or some atrocious mishap.