Wasn't there supposed to be a delay between decloaking and attacking for Phantom?

(kirinichiban42) #1

I thought they mentioned this feature in the Phantom rework video, but after playing with and against Phantom there doesn’t seem to be such a delay at all.

My thought was that he was going to be more like spy from TF2 where he would need to fully decloak before attacking. Now, I get caught off guard by phantom a whole lot more and I seem to pull off more successful ambushes as well. I’m not sure how to feel about this, but it does give Phantom a great boost in strength.

Also, is there any way to detect Phantoms right as they decloak? When I play Phantom there seems to be a sound that goes off when I decloak, but I don’t seem to hear it while playing against Phantom.

(mrdisco) #2

I think the rework is amazing. Phantom is actually fun to play with now.

Just think that the weapon switch should be a little faster.

(fryszopen) #3

I also though i would had a delay, but it feels exactly like it was before. Now he’s chessy AF

(Rokon2) #4

I’m not sure how to feel about Phantom right now. He’s harder to spot and is consistent with his stealth, which is nice, but now he has the jump each and every engagement with very little to no counterplay for the opposing side. I’m an awful Phantom and I top scored the two times I used him today.

(ValyrianKaos) #5

@Rokon2 said:
I’m not sure how to feel about Phantom right now. He’s harder to spot and is consistent with his stealth, which is nice, but now he has the jump each and every engagement with very little to no counterplay for the opposing side. I’m an awful Phantom and I top scored the two times I used him today.

Yup, he’s the way he was before. Top scoring no matter who you are. Takes no skill at all and if you are half decent, game over. Game ruined once again.

(TheStrangerous) #6

Now when I played against him, I say they should’ve kept the cloak delay.
The game’s is technically The Hidden Mod, with good Phantoms…

(woodchip) #7

It’s pretty shocking to me SD decided on giving him a straight up, massive buff. Will see how it goes.

(Guziol) #8

If they kept the delay in he would have been absolute trash. Now he is quite decent. Annoying but decent.

(kirinichiban42) #9

Just played a game and I still am conflicted. I agree that with this buff Phantom would be a viable merc, but now he can pretty much destroy under 90 hp mercs with no resistance. Even against higher hp mercs, I felt that I could take them on easily.

Apparently, if a phantom stays still you can faintly see it. I dunno, I should probably play more games before making a solid conclusion.

(Gire) #10

I hope SD wont listen to all the complaints about Phantom now that he just might be viable in competetive play.
And adding cloak delay kills Phantoms kill potential unless they also make that completetly silent.

(Kwsni) #11

Phantom players should be happy.

Give a role to phantom, ok.

Change the game for phantom, i’m not.

Free frag, take objective without risk, some keypoint for defense become useless, cuz someone can go through, fart, take a free kill, and continue. Check a room is not enough, now, you’re camera must be focus on the objectif and nothing else.

With decent player, attack first is an OBVIOUS advantage. Bha. Phantom take it.

Insibility, all right. But with Half of the actual time. MAXIMUM