Was Fragjumping Ever a Thing?

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #1

I remember someone on the forum mentioning it, but I’d never heard of it or seen it be used prior.
If it did exist, I assume it consisted of cooking the frag and then dropping it at your feet right before it detonates.

(Sorotia) #2

It was doable, but did someone ever use it as a tactic? I’ve never seen anyone use it seriously.

(henki000) #3

You could jump to top of the bus in Chapels last spawn. I’m not sure if its possible anymore, since I dont play fragger much. You lose some health, but if you have a medic with you, it’s great place in pub.

(Press E) #4

@henki000 said:
You could jump to top of the bus in Chapels last spawn. I’m not sure if its possible anymore, since I dont play fragger much. You lose some health, but if you have a medic with you, it’s great place in pub.

Lol, I saw someone use it to get on top of one of those fans high up on the side of the buildings near the bus.
And in other maps you could also use it to get outside of maps. Shoot through walls without people being able to shoot back and the like.

(Rokon2) #5

I think if it was polished a bit, it could be a really cool viable strategy, but I think Fragger would be a bit more on the overpowered side. Then again, I would love doing it. I’m an avid fan of Rocket Jumping in TF2.

EDIT: Scratch that, I’m nade jumping in a practice map and the health hit is a huge payment for mildly better flanking opportunities, I think.

Naders can launch themselves into the air if you scrape against the broken EV collision box before jumping and the grenade explosion. I’ve nearly gotten on top of the bridge when the EV is still at the attacker’s spawn on Bridge. Not really practical to ever try stuff like this during a serious match.

(Nail) #7

can you EXPLOIT some slightly broken game mechanics ?
possibly

(azz_abdr) #8

It was doable in Terminal so you can jump to behind the gate or to 2nd floor beside the gate (1st obj), I like to do that with Fragger with extra mag & fail safe. Idk if fail safe will save him from his nade after the nerf.

Also first spawn on chapel, you can do it to jump to sniper nests.

(ARandomLugia) #9

When execution was still an actual gamemode, I remember this one fragger getting on top of the buildings on market somehow. Man was that annoying to fight…

(frostyvampire) #10

It’s a thing, but it’s not very useful. I think that you could get out of map once but I’m pretty sure they fixed it a long time ago.
There are probably still a few spots where you can jump to, but is it really worth losing 100+ hp, risking death while trying to get to that spot and putting your grenade on another 20 second cooldown?

(hoyes) #11

Very arguable in terms of usefulness, even with fail safe. A height advantage is only meaningful if there is equal ground in terms of combat capability (hp, gun performance). The risk doing it is very high, leaving yourself completely vulnerable for 4 seconds, then being at a disadvantage health wise for a good 20 or so seconds after. Saw some people do it on market tho, and it was a pain to kill him with guns. Anything else was pretty trivial.

(LifeupOmega) #12

@henki000 said:

You never needed a frag nade to get on top of the bus anyway, just a properly angled jump.

(henki000) #13

@LifeupOmega
Do you have a vid?

(Xenithos) #14

@LifeupOmega said:

@henki000 said:

You never needed a frag nade to get on top of the bus anyway, just a properly angled jump.

Can confirm this. Could do a running long jump and bounce off the pole OR the side crate and land on top of the bus while crouching. Did it all the time in random pubs during 2016.

(Chris Mullins) #15

It can be used a little here and there, but you take so much damage it’s not really worth it unless Sawbonez hooks you up with a health pack along the way

(Melinder) #16

(bgyoshi) #17

###“You shouldn’t be able to bunny hop and accurately shoot a shotgun, that’s super unrealistic!”

#####— Salty DB Players Union