warmissile_fp4

(twt_thunder) #21

Windows 10 just suck phoenix , go back to 7… Had a lot of problems with 10, even removed some of my programs…

(jay1110) #22

i finally fixed my gtkradiant 1.6.5
The cause was the program hlsw. Please uninstall it if you have problems with your whole windows.

A new update comes soon.

• command map fixed. Added the cmarker at place where the objectiv have to be, to end the map.
  • fixed the way icons to keycard…
  • improved fps, detailed again alot. Added hint brushes.
  • new way at first allies spawn, i hope its a little bit easier now. lets see.
  • filled the map with stuff, plants, boxes… still decent.
  • alot i cant remember :slight_smile:

its now over 5 years of mapping it, with 4,5 years pause between.

some tests, maybe tomorrow evening.

(jay1110) #23

ok its out now.

Link to pictures
http://www.clan-etc.de/phpBB3/gallery/album.php?album_id=7

downloadlink
http://www.clan-etc.de/phpBB3/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=9

(macbeth) #24

[QUOTE=jay1110;565112]ok its out now.

Link to pictures
http://www.clan-etc.de/phpBB3/gallery/album.php?album_id=7

downloadlink
http://www.clan-etc.de/phpBB3/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=9[/QUOTE]

no warmissile_beta1.way for this version ?

we are testing today your map at Ets
thanks Jay

(Mateos) #25

Original files:

Might not work well because:

• new way at first allies spawn, i hope its a little bit easier now. lets see.
  • filled the map with stuff, plants, boxes… still decent.

Should be quick to fix, let me know

@jay1110 What was the issue when you had HLSW running? Perhaps it could be fixed

(macbeth) #26

[QUOTE=Mateos;565121]Original files:

Might not work well because:

Should be quick to fix, let me know

@jay1110 What was the issue when you had HLSW running? Perhaps it could be fixed[/QUOTE]

i use myself times to times HLSW with windows 10 , dont saw problems yet

(jay1110) #27

the bots are included in the download kate, didnt you download the file? They run well.

to hlsw:
when i had it open i have very much crashes in gtkradiant. Next is, i cant select anything in the preferences while running hlsw. There are some more problems. The best is, run hlsw only if its really needed. Dont runn it while mapping, or playing any game. HLSW stopped development, before windows 7 came out. There is not much we can fix i think.

(jay1110) #28

can somebody help me with the last obj.
At the moment it is: you steal the obj, bring it near the rocket to the terminal. There is at the moment a red trans keycard. If you finish the obj, the keycard should appear here.

(TomTom7777) #29

[QUOTE=jay1110;565130]can somebody help me with the last obj.
At the moment it is: you steal the obj, bring it near the rocket to the terminal. There is at the moment a red trans keycard. If you finish the obj, the keycard should appear here.[/QUOTE]
I should be able to. I was about to post some tested map script changes, then realized I had just downloaded and used warmissile_fp4 (compiled 14/05/2915), instead of the latest for the tests.:o

If the map script between the 2 versions is much the same, then another keycard model is needed with the same origins as the red trans obj, and set invisible at game start. Then rather than using the trigger_flagonly_multiple - keycard_fom death event to end the game etc, I added a trigger captured to the keycard script block. In that added trigger the red trans gets set invisible and the newly added model is set default i.e visible. The new trigger captured code then calls a new game_manager trigger block where the code moved out of the keycard_fom should go. By putting that code in the game_manger a local game_manager accum can be used as a semaphore lockout to prevent a rare race condition that is possible where the Allies delivered the keycard but the timeout launched the rocket anyway.

Give me a few days and I will get the latest and redo the tests…

Update: (yes that was fast) here are the script changes along with a ET-Pro scripted extra keycard model. For mods that support ET Pro scripting a script-fix could be issued. For mods that don’t and for Vanilla ET The extra keycard model has to be added by the mapper.

At the top of the map script one ET Pro obj and a local accum to add to the game_manager

game_manager
{
	spawn
	{
		create //TomTom added 2017/08/18 for FritzBot, ETPro etc..., 
		// NOTE: "create" is not supported by regular ET
		{
			"classname" "misc_gamemodel"
			"origin" "3464 -2856 290"
			"model" "models/beer/keycard_cc.md3"
			"angle" "90"  // should be "60" if done in the map editor
			"scriptname" "keycard2"
			"targetname" "keycard2"
		}
		accum 1 set 0 //to lockout the rocket om timelimit if allies have won

//Globalaccums

Next add one game_manager trigger event block and modify the top of the timeout script

trigger allies_won //TomTom added 2017/08/19
	{
		accum 1 abort_if_not_equal 0 // has rocket begun to move?
		accum 1 set 1 //semaphjore to lockout missile launch during long wait 5000
		//if intent is to have Allies lose on timelimit even after delivery, comment out line above

wm_setwinner 1 //moved up so allies win on timeout if keycard delivered
		wm_announce "Allies have stopped the rocket launch !"
		enablespeaker allied_end

wait 5000

//wm_setwinner 1
		wm_endround
	}	
	trigger timelimit_hit
	{
		accum 1 abort_if_equal 1  // TomTom, semaphore lockout, Allies delivered already
		accum 1 set 2 // rocket begins launch

// SCRIPT TO MOVE ROCKET

And remove the code from the death event, plus add the keycard captured event trigger

keycard_fom
{
	death
	{
		// code moved to game_manager { trigger allies_won by TomTom 2017/08/19
		// wm_announce "Allies have stopped the rocket launch !"
		// enablespeaker allied_end
		// wait 5000

// wm_setwinner 1
		// wm_endround
	}
}

keycard_trans
{
	spawn
	{
		wait 500
		setstate keycard_trans default
	}

trigger hide
	{
		setstate keycard_trans invisible
	}
}

keycard
{
	spawn
	{
		wait 200
		setstate keycard2 invisible // TomTom JIC
	}

trigger returned
	{
		setstate keycard_toi default
	}

trigger stolen
	{
		setstate keycard_toi invisible
	}

trigger captured //TomTom added 2017/08/19
	{
		wm_announce "^oThe Keycard has locked out the rocket countdown!"

setstate keycard2 default //put a keycard model in the controls
		setstate keycard invisible //remove the red transparent model

trigger game_manager allies_won
	}
}

(macbeth) #30

[QUOTE=jay1110;565124]the bots are included in the download kate, didnt you download the file? They run well.

to hlsw:
when i had it open i have very much crashes in gtkradiant. Next is, i cant select anything in the preferences while running hlsw. There are some more problems. The best is, run hlsw only if its really needed. Dont runn it while mapping, or playing any game. HLSW stopped development, before windows 7 came out. There is not much we can fix i think.[/QUOTE]

you never used qtracker ? instead to HLSW ?