[Video] New Player's Guide - Game Settings

(midi @wolfET) #1

Quick video covering what I see being the optimal game settings to improve your game. This information will probably only be useful to new players. It doesn’t cover any config stuff, just the basic in game options. I see too many people over looking these settings.

Hopefully it helps someone.

(StarLords) #2

Hello.I did not understood the explanation about fov and the part with camera animations.Can u do it on writing please?

(midi @wolfET) #3

Sure, I’ll try to clear that up.

When you increase your FOV it makes your vision wider, allowing you to see more on your screen at one time. For example in my video; you can see me increase it from 65 to 100, when I increase it, the objects to the left and right of me become visible even though I didn’t move. One downside to increasing your FOV is that it makes objects in the middle of your screen look farther away, but when you aim down your gun’s sights it zooms in to counter this.

For the camera animations, I’m suggesting to disable them because they provide no benefit. All they do is slightly shake your camera around when you run and jump. The camera shaking around makes it harder to aim. When I show the difference between them in my video, look directly at my cross hair and it will become more obvious.