Vassili and his MOA SNPR-1

(LiNkz) #1

Is this something that was intended? Sniping is already insanely hard in competitive and something like this makes it unnecessarily hard. Aimpunch and movement mechanics are something to combat against snipers, not in-built scoping movements that you can’t control!

Also there’s something similar when you jump, your crosshair sways left / right a certain amount but I guess that’s intended?

edit: Just tested fel-ix and it’s with that too, is this really intended?

(JPB) #2

It would be strange if this was intentional given the fact there is no scope sway.

(chickenNwaffles) #3

If SD wants sniping to ever appear in competitive, they have to remove aimpunch, all scope sway, and crouch spamming. Right now, as is, sniping against someone who is shooting at you (inducing aimpunch) and crouch spamming, is impossible.

You fucks try it, because I can’t reliably do it, and neither can linkz.

(lapislazuliPark) #4

Don’t think that’s a bug Linkz. Looks like the aimoffset is being set from the weapons current aim trace, and, as you have slight animation sway, when idle you’re getting those aim discrepancies. As for removing aimpunch from sniping… IMO Crouch spamming is just cheesey bullshit anyway but being able to headshot someone shooting you because they can’t kill you fast enough doesn’t seem right.

(Szakalot) #5

Sounds to me like what has to be nerfed is the crouch spamming insanity.

(Varonth) #6

[quote=“chickenNwaffles;12819”]If SD wants sniping to ever appear in competitive, they have to remove aimpunch, all scope sway, and crouch spamming. Right now, as is, sniping against someone who is shooting at you (inducing aimpunch) and crouch spamming, is impossible.

You fucks try it, because I can’t reliably do it, and neither can linkz.[/quote]

Actually if they want it in competive they need actual scope sway, otherwise snipers would just rule on maps where they can overlook every single way the attacker can come from. And right now, there are a few maps with multiple spots where they can do this.

Aimpunch… crouch and jump spamming… yeah those mechanics are just stupid.