User Promotion

(DarkangelUK) #1

It seems the requirements for promoting users posts is quite strict. 2 user posts I tried to promote said I couldn’t because I had to spread more karma or the likes… is it possible to get this laxed a little? Given the limited number of regular posters, it’s hard to fill the criteria for promoting a user a 2nd time as it is, without doing it just for the hell of it so I can, rather than doing it because I think the post deserves it.

(murka) #2

Indeed, i can’t even remember when i gave rep to one person(actually i can, usually 6+ months before) when i receive a message that i must spread to others. Also, current system only shows stars based on rep, i think showing the total rep score would be more appropriate.
For example, new users post a question, they get responses from 3 ppl, one that trolls, other that stabs in the dark and barely knows about it and someone who posts the right answer. It would be much easier for him to choose the person that is most respected on the forums.

(badman) #3

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve reduced the amount of users you need to give rep to before you can hit the same user again (it was set to 20 previously, which is a bit 0_o).

(DarkangelUK) #4

Awesome, just for that I rated your post… negative cos it took you so long!

(badman) #5

How kind :o

(Paul) #6

That system is still useless imo :confused:

(DarkangelUK) #7

It’s useless in the way that it’s completely hidden away, but still nice in the way that I’m an egotistical maniac and any ego stroke I get is awesome \o/

(shagileo) #8

True fact. Why bother creating such a feature, when it’s very hard to find people’s promotion :confused:

Personally I like to give thumbs up for people posting interesting or great posts.
Back in the ‘stars next to user’ days, one could see a user’s trustworthiness.

(stealth6) #9

[QUOTE=shagileo;254774]True fact. Why bother creating such a feature, when it’s very hard to find people’s promotion :confused:

Personally I like to give thumbs up for people posting interesting or great posts.
Back in the ‘stars next to user’ days, one could see a user’s trustworthiness.[/QUOTE]

well that’s not true, everybody had 4 stars and 5 stars was actually 8 :smiley:

(shagileo) #10

Ha, the glitches :smiley:

Anyhow, maybe they can fix that issue :o
(or rework it a bit so it would work like it should)

• but but but but buuuuuut, I’m sure SD guys got moar important stuff to do right now

(Nail) #11

actually blad3 only has two stars, only person with less than 4, other than opt outs