Update on Brink DLC, Title Updates, and New Screenshots

(MorsTua) #41

2 weeks?

u stolen my money once :slight_smile:
its enuf

(Oz70NYC) #42

^^^This.

It’s marketing people. Anyone who doesn’t realize this obviously aren’t to savvy when it comes to corporate affairs. I have a bachelor’s in business management, but it doesn’t take a degree to figure out that what Seiniyta said is their intention. All of the existing player base (however many of us there still is) will get the content within the 1st two weeks obviously. And anyone who buys the game after the two week period at the new price point of $40 (That’s what Gamestop is selling it at now) will have to most likely pay $9.99 for the new content. In essence, those of us who bought the game at $60 will have the opportunity to get the DLC free right off the jump, as will anyone else buying the game now at $40 within the two weeks it’s 1st made available. After that, they slap a price tag on and anyone new after those two weeks will have to pay for it.

It’s a smart plan actually, but truth be told I doubt they’ll make much coin off of it. Let’s face it, Brink’s not pulling in a big player base. I mean don’t get me wrong, I personally love the game. And I am seeing a lot more players online on PS3 within the last two weeks. But the community as it is now is about as big as it’s ever going to be. So making the new content free initially to appease those of us who have endured and enjoyable, but obviously incomplete game is a good move to keep the people still playing happy, but I doubt it’ll attract many new players into to fold.

(HugePinball) #43

[QUOTE=thesuzukimethod;344658]
an unrelated point, what’s the middle ability (4 key) in this picture?

is this the icon for the new mine? (next to the regular mine, does that mean we get an additional mine? speculate away)[/QUOTE]
Yes, it’s the Pyro Mine, and yes, you do get an additional mine (unaffected by regular Landmine with or without Extra Landmine).

(Apples) #44

Am I the only one smelling the struggle beetween SD and bethesda about the “free for 2 weeks” stuff?

SD : “Cmon guyz we allways made dlc for free, it’s our roots and we want it this way”
Beth : “Tsss Tsss we allways charge for DLC you foolish hippies!”
SD : “Meh! what about one month free then?”
Beth : “one week!”
SD : “2!”
Beth : “Deal!”

I may be dreaming awake, but it sounds like a decent theory…

Peace

(Nexolate) #45

Actually this crossed my mind too. I was also under the impression that Microsoft didn’t like free DLC either. Could also be the reason for the long news hiatus?

Regards,
Nexo

(MorsTua) #46

they wont release sdk soon

at least untill they don’t sell all their dlc

i REALIZED THAT they dont care if people appreciate the game they only care to exploit people and sell
If you dont play it cause it 's full of bugs not important… Quantity insthead quality

dlc= money
sdk = custom maps and mods= NO MONEY FOR THEM

They are ONLY workin for THEMSELVES and we are COWS TO MILK

you know where you can put your dlc? :wink:

(Jess Alon) #47

If this helps more DLC release I’m all for it. If the money goes straight to bethsoft then that makes me sick.

badman can we get clarification for two weeks?

If I download it free does it stay free?

Because if you can download it free but then you have to pay later. Everyone’s just going to be even more pissed off.

(cheezespread) #48

[QUOTE=Jess Alon;344686]If this helps more DLC release I’m all for it. If the money goes straight to bethsoft then that makes me sick.

badman can we get clarification for two weeks?

If I download it free does it stay free?

Because if you can download it free but then you have to pay later. Everyone’s just going to be even more pissed off.[/QUOTE]

Jess, this is what I got as a reply .

“yes, if you don’t purchase it in the first two weeks, you have to pay for it”

(tokamak) #49

Man this game looks awesome without the player hues crap.

(Jess Alon) #50

[QUOTE=cheezespread;344691]Jess, this is what I got as a reply .

“yes, if you don’t purchase it in the first two weeks, you have to pay for it”[/QUOTE]

That’s better then a time limit. For sure.

(esomonk) #51

I think this has to do with xbox live. Microsoft prevents free updates or dlcs above a certain point in size to be released. Thats why the dlc for left 4 dead 1 and 2 were free on PC and they charged for it on xbox live. I dont see how they could release it on live for free. Thats just microsoft policy. The pc on the other hand may be free or they charge money for it.

(tokamak) #52

Fixed invisible players sometimes (dis)appearing

So now the invisible players are appearing? :confused:

(Seiniyta) #53

They just should make Brink vannilla free with paid dlc for the free users + less customanization you’ll have to purchase

(Wildkarrde) #54

Assumes DLC will be playtested and the free two weeks aren’t another Beta.

(Om3ga) #55

Ok, so did i understand right? If i update my Brink in 2 weeks i will get DLC for free, but if i update my Brink after 2 weeks i have to pay for DLC? I don’t know. Sounds weird.

(Breo) #56

Sounds weird for me aswell, I thought that Steam (PC) will remove the DLC after 2 weeks? Same idea as a demo.

(Oz70NYC) #57

Yea. That pretty much sums it up a nutshell, sir.

(neg) #58

blinded by greed, nice job showing your true colours here splashdamage, you wont be getting my money ever again after this stunt, saying the first DLC would be free for everyone, sure just did a 180 on that…

lets not mention all the promises you made pre-release at all the gaming conventions and in interviews with gaming websites

The content is currently in submission at Microsoft and Sony, and we expect it to release in early July

really… sure is June in here

[QUOTE=rushzone.com;344634]All I can say is that DLC better come with a huge patch otherwise you wont get anyone purchasing that DLC when the two weeks are up.

-Fixed spawn timers on defense - To avoid full holds etc
-Demos
-First person spec
-Alter some of the choke points on a number of maps so they are playable for competition.
-Changeable cross hair

Long shot request, SDK if your not able to patch the above things in at least give the community the opportunity to do it themselves in a mod.[/QUOTE]

Really, the small niche competition requests will stop pubbers buying it?!?! no. I think not sir, but nice try trying to strong arm SD. :tongue: Those are not key to “fun public games”, full holds in “home maps” make sense, and when you play with friends and for fun not e-peen you don’t really worry about hackers etc. And the choke points are being addressed by these choke point busting new abilities. Napalm, and nade buffs. Plus the netvar tweeks that are now possible since todays patch.

So it will all come good, SD are on our side, they are gamers too!! :stroggtapir:

(Om3ga) #60

[QUOTE=neg;344707]blinded by greed, nice job showing your true colours here splashdamage, you wont be getting my money ever again after this stunt, saying the first DLC would be free for everyone, sure just did a 180 on that…

lets not mention all the promises you made pre-release at all the gaming conventions and in interviews with gaming websites[/QUOTE]
I think Bethesda, or what ever it’s called is behind this.