Update on Brink DLC, Title Updates, and New Screenshots

(neg0ne) #21

nice.

i hope brink will live longer with this…
… and hopefully the update makes it more a pc-game.

(Azev2000) #22

Don’t be fooled it does not look that perfect on PC when maxed out. I suspect some tweaking of certain inaccessible settings have been used or some Photoshop touch ups.

(BomBaKlaK) #23

Free for 2 weeks what a FAIL !!!

(BiigDaddyDellta) #24

Yeah you may be right, still I can dream :slight_smile:

(Shane_O) #25

Sweet! I’ll be getting this right away!

The new weapon attachments and abilities sound like they’ll bring a whole lot of new elements to the game play.

(cheezespread) #26

I would like to see the game play videos of these maps on the the minimum requirements from SD.

[QUOTE=Shane_O;344648]Sweet! I’ll be getting this right away!

[/QUOTE]
The update is not released and won’t be till mid July.

(Exedore) #27

[QUOTE=BomBaKlaK;344628]what the size of the 2 maps ?
little indoor maps ?[/QUOTE]
I’d say they both trend towards large; Founder’s Tower is I think the biggest map in the game.

(kilL_888) #28

that shield thing on screenshot 3+4 is not serious is it?

so, when this got buffed i run around with it like its on the shots? that huge… thing?

facepalm

oh, and plz some clearification on this “free for 2 weeks”.

free for download in the first 2 weeks and keep it for free?

free to play for 2 weeks, after this, pay?

(thesuzukimethod) #29

I’m speculating here, but i cant imagine that anyone who downloaded the DLC in the 2 week window would have to pay at the end of the window, mainly because of the mechanism of DLC distro.

For you non-knuckle-draggers who throw up a little in your mouth when you think about playing on a console, the way PSN store works is once you’ve bought something on the store, you can re-download anything again (for free) anytime in the near future. no idea how 360/xbl works

Unless they treat the DLC as a timed demo (not sure how this would work for a map pack) i just dont see how it would work other than to let us keep it for good…nor why they would do it this way.

(i’ve been wrong many times before, and will be again, so whatever.)

(Oz70NYC) #30

For anyone confused, “free for two weeks” means that the content will be AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD free for two weeks. After the twos weeks are done, anyone else wishing to download it will have to pay for it. It’s not going to be “rental” DLC that you have to pay for after the two weeks are done. That doesn’t even make any damn sense. SD might not be the sharpest knives in the drawer, but making DLC free for two weeks, then making your users have to pay for it after said time period would cause a mass exodus from the game so extreme that they’d go belly-up faster the Realtime Realms and Kaos Studios did.

In summary: Anyone who picks up the DLC within the 1st two weeks gets it free. Anyone who picks it up after will have to pay for it. Simple.

(thesuzukimethod) #31

[QUOTE=Oz70NYC;344656]It’s not going to be “rental” DLC that you have to pay for after the two weeks are done. That doesn’t even make any damn sense. SD might not be the sharpest knives in the drawer, but making DLC free for two weeks, then making your users have to pay for it after said time period would cause a mass exodus from the game so extreme that they’d go belly-up faster the Realtime Realms and Kaos Studios did.

In summary: Anyone who picks up the DLC within the 1st two weeks gets it free. Anyone who picks it up after will have to pay for it. Simple.[/QUOTE]

haha - cross post - same idea, different execution.

an unrelated point, what’s the middle ability (4 key) in this picture?

is this the icon for the new mine? (next to the regular mine, does that mean we get an additional mine? speculate away)

(cheezespread) #32

[QUOTE=Oz70NYC;344656]For anyone confused, “free for two weeks” means that the content will be AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD free for two weeks. After the twos weeks are done, anyone else wishing to download it will have to pay for it. It’s not going to be “rental” DLC that you have to pay for after the two weeks are done. That doesn’t even make any damn sense. SD might not be the sharpest knives in the drawer, but making DLC free for two weeks, then making your users have to pay for it after said time period would cause a mass exodus from the game so extreme that they’d go belly-up faster the Realtime Realms and Kaos Studios did.

In summary: Anyone who picks up the DLC within the 1st two weeks gets it free. Anyone who picks it up after will have to pay for it. Simple.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Either way TF2 is drawing more in with the F2P. (started playing it only yesterday )

(Azev2000) #33

Great idea. Have new players come in after those two weeks and be pissed off because they keep getting kicked from games or are getting dominated because they are not spending the money to get new Skills.

This is a complete pile of fail. Imagine in the future when they charge for the DLC’s and this game turns into a PAY 2 WIN situation.

(BiigDaddyDellta) #34

[QUOTE=thesuzukimethod;344658]haha - cross post - same idea, different execution.

an unrelated point, what’s the middle ability (4 key) in this picture?

is this the icon for the new mine? (next to the regular mine, does that mean we get an additional mine? speculate away)[/QUOTE]

They announced loong ago there would be a new mine, its a napalm mine.

(AmishWarMachine) #35

Looks like the Pyro Mine they announced in the BethBlog on 05/29. /nod

(Rosie the Riveter) #36

[QUOTE=Oz70NYC;344656]For anyone confused, “free for two weeks” means that the content will be AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD free for two weeks. After the twos weeks are done, anyone else wishing to download it will have to pay for it. It’s not going to be “rental” DLC that you have to pay for after the two weeks are done. That doesn’t even make any damn sense. SD might not be the sharpest knives in the drawer, but making DLC free for two weeks, then making your users have to pay for it after said time period would cause a mass exodus from the game so extreme that they’d go belly-up faster the Realtime Realms and Kaos Studios did.

I’m not confused but I’m already fielding question from our community , hence the request for clarification.
New maps alone are going to make the DLC fairly mandatory so players won’t be dropped from servers on map change.

(Seiniyta) #37

I think the reason they put a timer before it becomes paid is not only for more money but also for kind of an incentive to look at Brink again (temporal free? better look now!) and discover a game with alot less issues.

(nephandys) #38

In the original announcement I felt like they made it clear that it was only free to make up for the problems at launch. Therefore, any player that played at launch should already have the title and be able to get the DLC within the two week limit. Any other players purchasing the game later down the line have no need to receive a free DLC to make up for problems at launch and it sounds like they will therefore have to pay for it.

This makes sense to me because anyone purchasing the title later on was not impacted by the problems that we were as adopters at launch. I actually like that they are rewarding the people that purchased on launch day and stuck around through all the problems (or at least planned to give the game a 2nd chance with the DLC). To a certain extent it’s like a restaurant: they screw up your meal and you get it for free. But if you had a perfectly good meal there would be no reason for the restaurant to give anything away to you.

Would it be great if they just gave it away for free forever? Maybe, but I definitely don’t like going to work and not getting paid for my efforts.

(thesuzukimethod) #39

yeah i know - sorry, my post didn’t make that clear - but there was a question as to whether it would replace the existing mine or supplement the arsenal. I guess we have the answer (supplement)

(cheezespread) #40

if you don’t purchase it in the first two weeks, you have to pay for it. Simple , eh ?.