Upcoming Trainyard Updates - Before and After Images

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hey all,

Last week on our dev stream we showcased the upcoming Trainyard changes which will incorporate a ton of performance improvements, bug fixes and also gameplay updates. If you want to check out those changes, take a look at our developer blog and enjoy the images. For higher res images there’s also a link to the Imgur galley.

Dev Blog

Higher Res Images

We are also working on the other OBJ/SW maps and will share content on those in the future. Also, take note that these changes will not go live with the Summer Squash updates, but in an update following. Being map changes they take longer to complete and we plan to release all of the maps at the same time.

Thanks!
shoe.

(Naonna) #2

puu.sh/r0WZS/7139343c10.png
Good to know dev streams are on time.

(TheStrangerous) #3

Mandatory:

(JonBongNoJovi) #4

Nice update , look forward to seeing what you have planned for other maps in terms of balancing , I also totally understand the reasoning behind releasing all maps at once it’s going to really freshen up the game.

(SaulWolfden) #5

I think the sight to defender spawn with the MG is overkill, imo that would make the section too favorable for attackers.

(Naonna) #6

Might encourage players to use the far left gate and prevent that from being repaired.

(Tanker_Ray) #7

Trainyard 3rd phase was always Attacker’s pain in the ass.

I always thought placing Attacker’s spawn forward was perfect, but I also do respect SD’s rework decision.

Hope this would fix the hard time delivery.

(Tanker_Ray) #8

We are also working on the other OBJ/SW maps and will share content on those in the future.

BEST PART.

(Pedobear) #9

Ther’s kids why do u do an toilet?

(Naonna) #10

@frenziedCucumber It’s to make map callouts easier. if you say ‘2 sneaking through toilets’ now, EVERYONE knows where that area is.

(GhostEntity) #11

Can’t wait, keep it up!

(hoyes) #12

Well, I think this will be a breath of fresh air to these maps, along with the optimisation updates that were so dearly needed. Well Done SD, well done.

(N8o) #13

Thanks for the fun game of Spot the Difference

(JonBongNoJovi) #14

Any update on other maps and their changes ? Seams nothing has been mentioned about them . How far along are they and when can we expect to see more ?

(Chris Mullins) #15

Not as of yet. There is however a sneak peek at Chapel in the dev video going live a little later on today :wink: Make sure you’re subbed so you see it as soon as it goes live! https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame

(JonBongNoJovi) #16

Awesome , been looking forward to this :slight_smile:

(Jan S.) #17

Not as of yet. There is however a sneak peek at Chapel in the dev video going live a little later on today :wink: Make sure you’re subbed so you see it as soon as it goes live! https://www.youtube.com/user/dirtybombgame[/quote]

(in)patiently hitting f5 :smiley:

(HunterAssassin5) #18

imo the trickjump through the window for attackers at first point is really easy, the point is to jump off the wall alongside the wall with the window, not the same wall the window is on itself.
just spam jump at the right time to jump off that wall and right into the window instead of away from it

(Your worst knifemare.) #19

That bathroom there looks like a good place to play Proxy or Vassili.

(Herr_Hanz) #20

[quote=“TheRyderShotgun;206521”]imo the trickjump through the window for attackers at first point is really easy, the point is to jump off the wall alongside the wall with the window, not the same wall the window is on itself.
just spam jump at the right time to jump off that wall and right into the window instead of away from it[/quote]

i use that jump all the time yet i stull fuck it up, the change is welcomed.