Unfair advantage? or a troll?


(_milla) #1

check this guys


(BlackboltLW) #2

Definitely a troll


(STARRYSOCK) #3

The actual post got removed. I’m curious what it was about now, lol


(_milla) #4

@STARRYSOCK said:
The actual post got removed. I’m curious what it was about now, lol

Looks like SD banned him or deleted all his questions… strange;
He was asking for the rules and conditions for his clan to get a free pug server;


(Ptiloui) #5

I know one shouldn’t feed the trolls but… rules and conditions are pretty simple if you look closely : spend hundred of dollars at the early alpha stages of the game to make it grow, produce a lot of contents for the game and the community, participate in almost every event and tournament, produce your own tournaments, win multiple times those official and unofficial tournaments. And I’m sure there are other things they contributed to that I don’t know.

So… what his clan did for the game ? And btw, what is this clan which feels that entitled to get its own server ?


(B_Montiel) #6

@Ptiloui said:
I know one shouldn’t feed the trolls but… rules and conditions are pretty simple if you look closely : spend hundred of dollars at the early alpha stages of the game to make it grow, produce a lot of contents for the game and the community, participate in almost every event and tournament, produce your own tournaments, win multiple times those official and unofficial tournaments. And I’m sure there are other things they contributed to that I don’t know.

So… what his clan did for the game ? And btw, what is this clan which feels that entitled to get its own server ?

As far as I can speak for the AIE clan :
Most of us are long time players and supporters of Dirty Bomb and by extension of Splash Damage. And that’s it. Out of the 20 players who came by from time to time, nearly 10 of them started to play when the game was not even on steam. I don’t know if its true or not, but we’ve seen a lot of communities passing through while we’re still here, possibly making us the oldest still-playing community in DB.

We’re definitely not the most active on the comp side of things because we’re mostly working people who sometimes have proper obligations in real life. As far as the opportunities are given, we’re trying to contribute. Giving feedback and such. And to be quite clear, we’re not licking their arses : I did not get my PTS entry renewed last september (even though I tried to join in and participate as often as I possibly could), mainly because I might be quite offensive on things that are totally ignored by SD (I won’t give you the whole story here, but the issues that made their core community flee during the alpha are not resolved and are still neglected by SD). I won’t discuss on who was right or wrong, but they also managed to lose support of @BomBaKlaK, who was one of their strongest support since the beginning for pretty dank reasons.

So this server, this is probably the sole contribution we can provide to them now. As far as it goes, every time we fill it in during the afternoon, it stays crowded with some regular players we see quite often here. That’s what currently makes me play this game, quite literally. Because we can have some nice time up there with players who know they’ll have a nice big chunk of interesting games coming here.

And bear in mind, having such opportunity given comes at a risk. Having our clan name given to such a rather toxic playerbase we see during the last couple of years, is not very fun for us either. Sh!ttalking players for a votekick they considered undeserved already cooled our relations down with SD quite significantly.

Everyone is welcome on our server, which is the main reason behind keeping it public. The only barrier you’ll get is to be minimum level 20 and understand that friendly fire is ON. As often as we can, we try to keep the fun there by avoid stacking, filling the voids if teams get unbalanced number wise, shuffling then restart if unbalance is obvious and vote not passing through.

You surely understand that those guidelines are hard to keep, even for us, and sometimes the nerves can crack a little bit. So just find to a way to contact me or any other admin and we’ll be glad to discuss with you.

And yes, I also consider this being a privilege. We’re trying to use it the best way we can so everyone can benefit from it. But they clearly know our position : Rentable community servers for everyone being the minimum mandatory element.


(kopyright) #7


(Ptiloui) #8

@B_Montiel said:

@Ptiloui said:
I know one shouldn’t feed the trolls but… rules and conditions are pretty simple if you look closely : spend hundred of dollars at the early alpha stages of the game to make it grow, produce a lot of contents for the game and the community, participate in almost every event and tournament, produce your own tournaments, win multiple times those official and unofficial tournaments. And I’m sure there are other things they contributed to that I don’t know.

So… what his clan did for the game ? And btw, what is this clan which feels that entitled to get its own server ?

Thanks for making it clear for everyone, even though I was only answering to what it seems to be a troll, I didn’t expect you to relate all of those things (I’m reading your messages from time to time on your discord, and followed the issue about “your” server :wink: ).


(henki000) #9

Unfair advantage? Are you serious?

I havent tried it long time, but I think there is scrimbase somewhere. It just needs to have more spotlight, so confusing incidents like this would not happen. Clans training in their servers 24/7, playing against each other in hidden? Conspiracy servers? For digital loadouts and currency. Only if that were true.


(B_Montiel) #10

One thing I did not mention in my earlier post : I do consider public clan servers vital for a community ran competitive scene (I’m not talking CS:GO, DOTA or whatever hundreds of thousand player games figures, but a competitive scene where there’s at least 20 to 30 regular teams in Europe for example, which is already big compared to what there is nowadays).

And, for many reasons, for that very factor “community ran competitive scene”, you can’t replace community servers by any matchmaking of any sort.

So yes, we’re not in the position of playing competitive scene. If given the opportunity, we sure will have go on it from time to time (already happened in the past a couple of time), but hell yes, we’re going to support it the best way we can.