Unexpected Nerf for Vas and Skyhammer

(coruscate) #1

I noticed that every grenade like object/ability is affected by the nerf that hit Fraggers nades.
That is not the “hugest” deal but since I was often “playing” with my HBS before actually thinking of the spot i want to throw it I expierience a lot of cooldowns that are hitting VAS way harder than fragger since he has 2 nades with the same timer if im not mistaken! I know that this is a bit harder to fix since it seems to be a class “Nade” for all those mercs, but I would REALLY enjoy seeing mercs suffering the nerfs hitting 1 specific merc.

(Reddeadcap) #2

Are you talking about the “If you swap to your weapon after getting ready to throw your grenade, it goes to cooldown” nerf?

(coruscate) #3

Which was supossed to hit fragger only wasn’t it?

Edit: Yes it was.

(Ruvan) #4

Honestly unless this is confirmed by Splash Damage it feels like a bug/unintended feature.

I’d hazard a guess that air strike and the scanners inherit the same class as the Frag nades and said parent class was changed rather than the class specific to Fragger.

(coruscate) #5

[quote=“exaltedBolt;17597”]Honestly unless this is confirmed by Splash Damage it feels like a bug/unintended feature.

I’d hazard a guess that air strike and the scanners inherit the same class as the Frag nades and said parent class was changed rather than the class specific to Fragger. [/quote]

That is what I meant to say. Since UE is programmed in an objective based language it is certain that the class “ability_nade” or whatever it is called got the nerf and not a child for fragge ronly.

(vdll) #6

As an expert in scanner cancel-throws, I support this case. :lol: Agree about skyhammer tho.

(coruscate) #7

@MissMurder can we have some reply on this case? It is nerfing Skyhammer way more than Fragger since if he decide to stop throwing his nade since the spot he aimed was not worth it he gets the full cooldown.

(DB Genome editor) #8

The devs on the SD forums have confirmed that this is an unintended side effect of the Fragger nerf.