Unable to reply (Windows 8 Phone)

(Dthy) #1

When ever I browse the forums on my phone I can’t seem to respond. The keyboard pops up them immediately closes.

(Dragonji) #2

Install Android instead :cool:

(Dthy) #3

But my phone looks pwetty!

(badman) #4

Hmm, no problems here (typed from Lumia 920). What device are you using, out of curiosity?

(Dthy) #5

Lumia 620 #chars

(badman) #6

Did you wait for the page to fully load? Were you signed into your account before you loaded the thread (noticed that the default sign-in just loops on WP8 and the alternate link in the yellow box must be used)?

(Dthy) #7

I was signed in and the page was fully loaded, i’ll try some loading some other forums to see if it happens on all of them.

(Dthy) #8

Tried some other forums and it works, just doesn’t seem to like these forums :frowning:

(Mustang) #9

Did the other forums use CKEditor?

We are running version 3.6.2 which is quite outdated now (circa 2 years old).

Also I often have a problem where is keeps deleting my text as I type on mobile (Android).

(Dthy) #10

Seem to be using vBulletin® Version 3.8.7. No idea how to check for for CKEditor.

(Mustang) #11

I already told you it’s 3.6.2 :smiley:

(Dthy) #12

I meant check what other forums are using :tongue:

(badman) #13

Can you try the following for me, please? At the bottom of the General Settings page linked below, set the editor to the very basic one (which for some reason is the middle option) and see if that lets you type unimpeded:

http://forums.warchest.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

(Dthy) #14

Still doesn’t work :confused: Must be an issue with the handset itself it worked for your Lumia 920.

(badman) #15

I would think that they all run the same version of the OS, including the browser. That’s very strange, indeed…

(Indloon) #16

Tried doing it with timed double tap?

First tap to initiate the keyboard, and as soon as u see it pop up from the bottom of the screen just tap again in the textbox.