Ulu Melee Range is too small

(Trestos) #1

The ulu’s melee range is too small to use it in melee
even the strong attacks distance is too short

(SiwaonaDaphnewen) #2

Range is not the only weapon for Ulu.

SD decided to put Ulu+Quickslash+Chopper with it on one load out and Ulu+Chopper on another.

Problem is that Chopper doesn’t give anything usefull for Ulu.

It’s damage is somewhere around 30. With Chopper you get 34 damage. Not quite sure on numbers but i didn’t manage to kill 110 hp merc in 3 hits.

That’s a Stillnotto’s damage pattern which is absolutely useless. It means with Chopper you need same amount of slashes, as you would need without it. Heavy attack isn’t really usefull too.

That makes me wonder why does Hunter even have such load outs.

I suggest to make Ulu a bit more unique, but with actually usefull damage patterns: Instead of going for standard light attack/heavy attack concept i suggest to implement “light Bechil attack”/"Light Katana attack " concept

This is 40 damage on light attack and 60 damage on heavy attack.

This would create a lot more utility with damage pattern:
[spoiler]
-80 in 2 LA, 110/120 in 3 LA, 160 in 4 LA, 200 in 5 LA
-100 in HA+LA; 200 in 2HA+2LA
-110/120 in 2 HA;
with Chopper:
-90 in 2 LA
-130 in 3LA
-110 in HA+LA
[/spoiler]

You know, I’m suggesting such change because current Ulu is purely useless both with Chopper and without it…

…and totally not because i crafted cobalt Ulu+Chopper+Quickslash yesterday. ugh

(Da_Mummy) #3

My worst problem was finishing people with that thing. Is it just me or do you have to crouch to kill somebody on the ground.

(GatoCommodore) #4

@Da_Mummy said:
My worst problem was finishing people with that thing. Is it just me or do you have to crouch to kill somebody on the ground.

i never used the thing because i kept dying when i switch to this.

(HadronZodiac) #5

@Da_Mummy said:

Its true, i needed to hit like 4 times before i could finish someone. The hitbox is just fucking weird tbh

(Gire) #6

SD should really look into these new melee weapons because they all feel shit to use ( Kukri, Tomahawk and Ulu ) dunno about Guardians melee tho

(Sorotia) #7

@Gire said:
SD should really look into these new melee weapons because they all feel @$!# to use ( Kukri, Tomahawk and Ulu ) dunno about Guardians melee tho

The batons feel okay though I don’t melee much and haven’t played her much in a while.

The tomahawk was alright till some change that made the model smaller also made its range smaller

The kukri has always felt awkward to use since they added it

Havin’t used the ulu yet…

They really do need to take a look at these new melees.

(JJMAJR) #8

what is a ulu

uwu

(HadronZodiac) #9

@Trestos said:
The ulu’s melee range is too small to use it in melee
even the strong attacks distance is too short

Yup i brought up the same topic in my problems with the game, I definitely agree, it’s somehow worse than the stiletto XD

(HadronZodiac) #10

@SiwaonaDaphnewen said:
Range is not the only weapon for Ulu.

SD decided to put Ulu+Quickslash+Chopper with it on one load out and Ulu+Chopper on another.

Problem is that Chopper doesn’t give anything usefull for Ulu.

It’s damage is somewhere around 30. With Chopper you get 34 damage. Not quite sure on numbers but i didn’t manage to kill 110 hp merc in 3 hits.

That’s a Stillnotto’s damage pattern which is absolutely useless. It means with Chopper you need same amount of slashes, as you would need without it. Heavy attack isn’t really usefull too.

That makes me wonder why does Hunter even have such load outs.

I suggest to make Ulu a bit more unique, but with actually usefull damage patterns: Instead of going for standard light attack/heavy attack concept i suggest to implement “light Bechil attack”/"Light Katana attack " concept

This is 40 damage on light attack and 60 damage on heavy attack.

This would create a lot more utility with damage pattern:
[spoiler]
-80 in 2 LA, 110/120 in 3 LA, 160 in 4 LA, 200 in 5 LA
-100 in HA+LA; 200 in 2HA+2LA
-110/120 in 2 HA;
with Chopper:
-90 in 2 LA
-130 in 3LA
-110 in HA+LA
[/spoiler]

You know, I’m suggesting such change because current Ulu is purely useless both with Chopper and without it…

…and totally not because i crafted cobalt Ulu+Chopper+Quickslash yesterday. ugh

I got my cobalt with chopper and ulu, aka wasted augment, devs i want a reroll…