Tutorial how to get rid of "heavy attack"

(airyPigeon) #1

This not about how to unbind heavy attack on middlemousebutton, cause you can do that easily in options. Here i explain how to get rid of heavy attack on weaponslotone. When you have the knife in you hand, there is heavy attack on rightmousebutton. I personally do not like heavy attack at all, so i found a way to get rid of it, without affecting iron sighting on other weaponslots.

Go here:
C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ShooterGame\Config

At first make a backup of ShooterInput.ini

Open with any editor:
ShooterInput.ini

Search under this section:
[ShooterGame.SGPlayerInputPawn]
for

Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotOne",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Melee",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

(in my case its line 604)

If you found that, you see this part:

Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotOne",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Melee",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotTwo",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Secondary",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotThree",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Primary",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotFour",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Item1",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotFive",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Item2",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

In this part you have to add another command, so everytime you press 3 (or whatever is your bind for knife), it changes RMB (rightmousebutton) to Fire (normal attack), if you use one the other weaponslots it changes RMB back to AltFire (=Ironsighting)
Just add to weaponslotone

Bindings=(Name=“WeaponSlotOne”,Command=“SelectWeaponSlot WS_Melee | setbind rightmousebutton Fire”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Now, when you have the knife selected, RMB is changed to Fire

And for all other weaponslots you add:

Bindings=(Name=“WeaponSlotTwo”,Command=“SelectWeaponSlot WS_Secondary | setbind rightmousebutton AltFire”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

RMB is now set to Altfire/Ironsighting

Add the “| setbind rightmousebutton AltFire” command to weaponslottwo to weaponslotfive.

Or delete the whole part, and replace it with the code below:

Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotOne",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Melee | setbind rightmousebutton Fire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotTwo",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Secondary | setbind rightmousebutton AltFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotThree",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Primary | setbind rightmousebutton AltFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotFour",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Item1 | setbind rightmousebutton AltFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="WeaponSlotFive",Command="SelectWeaponSlot WS_Item2 | setbind rightmousebutton AltFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

This script has a tiny disadvantage. E.g. when you die with your knife in the hand and you respawn, the RMB is set to Fire, not to Altfire. So after the respawn, you hold your PrimaryWeapon and Ironsighting is disabled. This is in 99% of all cases no problem, cause usually you switch instantly to knife after respawn.

(AnonOmis1000) #2

Couldn’t you just, you know, not use it?

(airyPigeon) #3

I hit so often accidently the heavy attack, that i had to get rid of it. And i ve seen other players hitting it accidently too, thats why i thought i share it. But as you said, you just dont have to use it.

Here s a not that complicated way to remove it at all. Just copy these lines at the end of your ShooterInput.ini

Bindings=(Name=“F”,Command=“UseCmd | setbind rightmousebutton AltFire”)
Bindings=(Name=“WeaponSlotOne”,Command=“SelectWeaponSlot WS_Melee | setbind rightmousebutton Fire”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name=“WeaponSlotTwo”,Command=“SelectWeaponSlot WS_Secondary | setbind rightmousebutton AltFire”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name=“WeaponSlotThree”,Command=“SelectWeaponSlot WS_Primary | setbind rightmousebutton AltFire”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name=“WeaponSlotFour”,Command=“SelectWeaponSlot WS_Item1 | setbind rightmousebutton AltFire”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name=“WeaponSlotFive”,Command=“SelectWeaponSlot WS_Item2 | setbind rightmousebutton AltFire”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

(AnonOmis1000) #4

How do you accidentally hit it? Do you accidentally look down sights whole shooting?

(everlovestruck) #5

@AnonOmis1000
Can confirm it being annoying, at least wile doing reload-cancelling swap

@airyPigeon
Thank you :#