To splashdamage

(diaboliksmart) #21

But when people are whining for 'better graphics effects", the ONLY better graphics effect that ET-community can offer, is this one.

A children can see it.

Arbeit Mateos :tongue:

(CS_kOoL) #22

Hi all,

Sorry it is mine…LOL

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=claninfo&idx=165644

On “SL” my screenshots are crushed and bold and i knew it…know it looks good on my website , and it looks great on my server :slight_smile:

There will always be any guys who don’t like because they compare about a recent game.

And if only they tried to come on our server…

And i remind to all those who would like to see how it looks on our server , then don’t forget:

• You need to download (~300 Mo) via our website (via a very fast link) => And put the .pk3 in your “ETMAIN” folder…

Seriously , know in first i had tried the “HDET” but there were any defects inside as by exemple:

• Any textures who are not at the good measurement (who make some textures hazy and any times any textures seem blacken)…

Then i have decided to create our own “Pack of HD textures” , i just say our “own” because it is optimized for our server…with our “MOD” and our files.

I have made our own “Pack of HD textures” in 1st for adjusting/fixing some textures who looked dark , ugly and hazy…

and in 2nd for dodging the doubles for sure then for being totally synchronized with our “MOD” and with our files.

Also note that our own “Pack of HD textures” is lighter than the original “HDET”…

What i love in it , it keeps the old and the original spirit , in fact it goes to act as a patch on almost all the textures for more details…

for more contrasts…for better colors…for any textures more clean…for a better hold…etc etc

As it patches almost all the ground textures and almost all the wall textures then you can easily guess it deletes a lot of hazy textures :slight_smile:

For me it is a comfort for the eyes and when i have tried it then i can’t imagine doing it any other way !

Since i have tested it and i have adopted it for always…as well as playing no small role for a gain of display quality.

It is just 1 easy way and 1 efficient way for sure for to remove dust of your favourite game who needs it.

It is just my point of view :slight_smile:

I specify i play in 1920x1080 and i can say the result is really great on my 28" screen !!!

1 more time i remind to all those who would like to see how it looks on our server , then don’t forget:

• You need to download (~300 Mo) via our website (via a very fast link) => And put the .pk3 in your “ETMAIN” folder…

Have fun.

CS|kOoL.

(CS_kOoL) #23

Hi all,

Because nothing beats the thrill of discovery i have only made about 10 fast and clean screenshots (in 1920x1080) for you have a little survey.

Keep in mind it is just a sample and on our server it is extended on more than 100 maps…

Clic on a picture and adapt as you like for your screen like that you will see as i see :slight_smile:

1 more time i remind to all those who would like to see how it looks on our server , then don’t forget:

• You need to download our own “Pack of HD textures” (~300 Mo) via our website (via a very fast link) => And put the .pk3 in your “ETMAIN” folder…

In fact i have stopped to work on my server since almost 1 year…if i have the time and the motivation i will try to do better while 2015…

For my part it is always a pleasure to be on my server but am i the good one for to judge ?

Then i count on you…all ways you are welcome :slight_smile:

Have fun.

CS|kOoL.

(CS_kOoL) #24

Hi all,

Because nothing beats the thrill of discovery i have only made about 10 fast and clean screenshots (in 1920x1080) for you have a litlle and nice survey.

Keep in mind it is just a sample because on our server it is extended on more than 100 maps…

1 more time i remind to all those who would like to see how it really looks on our server , then don’t forget:

• You need to download our “Pack of HD textures” (~300 Mo) via our website (via a very fast link) => And put the .pk3 in your “ETMAIN” folder…

Clic on a picture and adapt to your display like that you will see what i see…

In fact i have stopped to work on my server since almost 1 year (and keep in mind i have done all that alone) , if i have the time and the motivation i will do better while 2015 :slight_smile:

For my part it is always a pleasure to be on my server , but am i the good one for to judge ?

For sure i know by advance there will be always any guys who will be not satisfied :slight_smile:

Have fun.

CS|kOoL.

(Crytiqal) #25

Wouldn’t I be able to just adjust the bump filter in the nvidia control panel without having to download new textures?

(diaboliksmart) #26

Right, the best effect is in fueldump, particularly inside the tunnel, full of details.

Incredible as a " just a bump filter applied above" can do for visual effects :wink:

(.Chris.) #27

What the hell is that wooden bridge doing in fueldump last stage, did it get lost? Also posting loads of screenshots plastered with clan logos isn’t what I would define as “clean”.

(Mateos) #28

It’s a mod which has been around for few years, I think by the guy behind Den of Lions and Resurrection (forgot the name, sorry, maybe rivrstyx, I think that’s with a missing e?)

(rorgoroth) #29

I still think it looks like **** with HDET textures.
[IMO] Unless you bump the engine up you may as well go with some nice cartoon-ish graphics, at least those would run well and look clean without being pixeletad as ****.

(CS_kOoL) #30

Hi all,

About that wooden bridge in fueldump (it is just an alternative for having another access to the objective and it is removable by “.script” then none download for the players) ,

in fact we play rarely this map (as all the customs maps) , we prefer playing tiger_dump…radar summer…goldrush ga…battery recharged etc etc…

Soon i will make (with my son) another set of screenshots in 1920x1080 without and with our “Pack of HD textures”, now we can’t , we have any problems about our internet provider :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=rorgoroth;517068]I still think it looks like **** with HDET textures.
[IMO]Unless you bump the engine up you may as well go with some nice cartoon-ish graphics, at least those would run well and look clean without being pixeletad as ****.[/QUOTE]

I specify on our server it is our own “Pack of HD textures” and we have got our own download link too (on our website).

Keep in mind on our server it is not the classic/generic “HDET” because…

The generic pack has:

• Any useless textures…

- Any textures who are not at the good measurement (who make some textures hazy and any times any textures seem blacken)…

• And we have done it like that too for avoiding the doubles for a perfect synchro with our own files.

Now you know , you understand better how it is on our server…then it can’t be compared :slight_smile:

I guess too the quality can be different if you play in low resolution NP i keep in mind it :slight_smile: , but for my part i play in 1920x1080 and i can confirm the result is really great on my 28" screen !

For being complete…

I think maybe you have already read it:

“The graphic engine has to be remade/updated etc etc and (in the meantime) at least the solution would be to remake the “pak0” with any new/better textures”.

Now you know we have not waited :slight_smile: , we have already done it for our server since any months…

For informations:

The size of our main files: ~150 MO.

The size of our “Pack of HD textures”: ~300 MO.

And keep in mind too it has been done deeper than each one can guess , by exemple it has been done too with our textures inside each map and we play on more than 100 maps :slight_smile:

Let’s hope each guy (who talks positively or negatively about our server) has got really our “Pack of HD textures” and knows too how to use it…know i can to know who has not downloaded our “Pack of HD textures” then i know by advance if the guy is a joker or if he has really on our “Pack of HD textures” :slight_smile:

I remind:

Our “Pack of HD textures” is not downloadable via the “FTP” server…

Our “Pack of HD textures” is downloadable on http://coolsquad.fr/ only.

Our “Pack of HD textures” has to be in your “etmain” folder.

By advance i would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2015 !!!

Have fun !!

CS|kOoL.

(rorgoroth) #31

[QUOTE=CS_kOoL;517242]
I specify on our server it is our own “Pack of HD textures” and we have got our own download link too (on our website).[/QUOTE]
Sure, your’s does look much better than the old HDET stuff :wink:
I think I have just been spoilt playing much newer games recently with not just good textures but also good models and map/building/ground structures to go with it all so having just good looking high-res textures feels out of place to me even if they are great, especially when some parts look very stretched or ugly like the snow/rock ground texture in one of the screenshots and in another the grass and concrete look a little bad but the brickwork is incredibly clean and crisp.

Feel free to ignore me being grumpy though, many years of seeing trying bring this game up-to-date have gotten boring and I start to feel like doing a u-turn and making the game more simple would benefit more :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=CS_kOoL;517242]
By advance i would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2015 !!![/QUOTE]
Have a good one! (Also anyone else reading this!)

(CS_kOoL) #32

Hi all,

It is crazy , our server has been selected for welcome an event , you are all welcome.

Know that if you come on our site you will can download all the files + all the maps of the event + our pack of “HD” textures…

It will be this friday , and if you come…think to read our rules !!

Know i have not proposed our server , i am as amazed as you , a sacred surprise (i have knew it yesterday)

(CS_kOoL) #33

[LEFT]
Hi all,

THX to all the guys who have come , it has been a great success , some people , and it was high level about fun !

I hope too see you all at the next event , it will be on {WeB}WolfLair !![/LEFT]

(FAQIS) #34

[QUOTE=Nail;513739]they don’t own the title, they can’t do anything, what part of that do you people with underdeveloped cranial function fail to understand
have a couple red stars[/QUOTE]

I would highly appreciate if you please can remove these primitive words from this beautiful forum.
My dear man, I would like to know “how the hell” (for using your words) you can have so high reputation when you making so much fuss out of nothing. Get down on earth now and be much more polite towards your fellow men.

(Mateos) #35

Because people keep making this request without searching about it beforehand :slight_smile:

I guess first times you just repeat yourself, then you throw a rock… x)

He used dirty talk but I understand him, I’d go for humor personally instead of bad sarcasm :slight_smile:

(FAQIS) #36

Yes, that’s mainly what I mean… But you said it damm good :wink:

Actually do I believe that this already is humor in the shape of irony.
People don’t understand that SD not can make anything with ET.
Others got time to get disturbed by that.
And some people got time to get disturbed by rude comments made by people from the second group.

Such waste of my valuable time…

But we can summon this with one single sentence:
"If you don’t like ET as it is, play another game then because SD can’t do anything with it. "

But there are still no reason to be rude @nail, try to understand that and don’t send me awful private messages please.

(Nail) #37

well I’m glad you had your little cry, now lets go back to being adults

(twt_thunder) #38

oh god … do we have to? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Nail) #39

“I would like to know “how the hell” (for using your words)”

not my words, sorry

“He used dirty talk but I understand him”

no I didn’t, show me where

"I would highly appreciate if you please can remove these primitive words "

once again not me sport

but the PM still stands, when you learn how to comprehend the written word, come back and I’ll show you where you went wrong again, but for now GFY

btw, post this kind of arrogant crap again and we can play stars all you want

“you will get the green star back once you change your behavior.”

(BioSnark) #40

Agreed. Nail, plz. You don’t tell us what to do.