Thunder Still Feels Like He's Falling Behind

(Meerkats) #21

No. Absolutely no buffs to Thunder. If anything, he should be nerfed.

Thunder’s utter bullshitness already makes him one of the least fun mercs to encounter. 160 HP and AR’s means he automatically walks out of nearly any 1v1 just because. Then, for some unfathomable reason, SD decided to give him a full blind + slow? In a “fast, skill-based” FPS game? Where a headshot string will rip apart nearly any merc in less than 700 ms? Who even comes up with this hot garbage? Look, concs can work in the right game. Games like CS:GO and R6:Siej right. Tactical shooters. In DB, movement is what stands between you and a good curbstomping. Thunder, on command, negates movement. Thunder, on command, buttfucks skill and kills any semblance of “having fun” by preventing victims from doing the fun things they thought they would be doing when they started up DB. Fun things like, you know, not standing in place while drilled. He is already the complete anti-Christ to DB’s core gameplay, and you want to extend conc duration to five whole seconds.

Just… why.

If anything, concs should be returned to just being EMP in addition to being nerfed to partial blind.

Thunder easily cracks top five worst additions to the game, and honestly, is a shoe-in for top three, putting him in good company with Phantom. Remember the merc who permanently crashed DB’s population? Phantom? Yeah? I don’t know why SD insists on trying to make garbage concepts “viable,” but idiocy like this is why DB continues to tank in popularity.

(HadronZodiac) #22

Problems -

Bullet hose is inaccurate by default

Effect is short…

Effect is ineffecient (aka its better to use on multiple people or no real use of it, but by then u cant do much cuz theres still 3 people shooting u down)

(Sairdontis) #23

Just change concussion to a flash grenade . You get the blind but no slow in a movement focus FPS.

(bgyoshi) #24

Conc nades are so worthless in pubs that I stopped trying to dodge them…uh…back in summer 2016 I think? Even against old level 80/90/100 Thunders, evading it just made you fall behind. It’s easy to see through the concussion effect and even just randomly spraying netted a whole lot of Thunder kills. Thunders won’t fight back when people they think are conc’d are shooting at them.

The conc nade really is just… absolutely worthless.

(hoyes) #25

As I guy with a lot of hours on thunder, I can say he is fairly ok in pubs, provided you have good aim. However, in a competitive format he is busted. Like, completely busted. Getting free picks every 20 seconds now(used to be 17), is just not good for the game which has a core element being about 1v1 fights. Plus even without the conc, he is still basically impossible to 1v1 due to 160hp.

He needs less hp (150 will do, maybe even 140), and the nade should really only be a flash nade, and then bring back the emp effect. You could reduce the cooldown with this also. Then slightly buff the mk46. Slightly.