Thunder has been nerfed what does it mean? (Title changed check description)

(GabebutGood) #1

Thunder naturally has been nerfed again, hp dropped from 170 to 160, and blind and stun duration reduced by .5.
So the question is why play him ? you shouldn’t, fragger is better in every way. your just handicapping yourself as of right now Aug. 10th 2017.
how to fix thunder, theres been “two million” different threads about how to change him in a more positive way and still giving him a purpose. SOMEHOW DB hasn’t seen any of them and went for a more damaging approach to fixing the situation.

TLDR: I’am sorta salty they didn’t actually change him. Theres no point to thunder and really your just had handicapping yourself.

Would like to see what others think about this, because I really do like thunder but I feel this is unacceptable and I am not sure how other interrupt this change.

[Edit]
I have changed the title due to it being made in a salty mindset. I apologize, It did not convey what I wanted.
This is the only edit that has been made, the original title was “So whats the point of thunder now”.

(MrHaaax) #2

He still has 20 more HP over Fragger and he still has the Stark. I have yet to play the game (internet machine broke) but I’m certain that Thunder is still cancer, albeit less so. Yes, they didn’t added cooking, or reduced/changed the movement penalty, so on and so forth, but to say that Thunder is worthless after this update is just untrue. If anything the nerf isn’t as ‘damaging’ as many of the community’s sugguestions.

(GabebutGood) #3

@MrHaaax said:
He still has 20 more HP over Fragger and he still has the Stark. I have yet to play the game (internet machine broke) but I’m certain that Thunder is still cancer, albeit less so. Yes, they didn’t added cooking, or reduced/changed the movement penalty, so on and so forth, but to say that Thunder is worthless after this update is just untrue. If anything the nerf isn’t as ‘damaging’ as many of the community’s suggestions.

stark was thunders only easy fixable “current” issue, besides the flash of the screen which is annoying.
the fact is fragger has an ability that is basically like thunders however thunders is weaker to the fact that it does not insta kill, almost always stuns one target, has about the same CD as frag. If you dont want thunder to be good or useful in that respect then you need to change him in other areas. which the high hp was fine due to the hitbox the size of mountain which allow him to duel better the problem came in when someone gave him a stark. talking about the stun duration nerf now sense thunder is “haulin ass and gettin payed” much slower then other mercs the flash duration practically runs out before you reach your target which isnt necessarily bad it encourage work with faster mercs, however this actually happening in game “I doubt”. overall the feeling towards thunder has been ice he really now has no benefit over fragger they could of done SO MUCH different they just “ehhhy mate heard you like nerfs about just numbers”. Iam not even against a nerf, I just wanted a change that made sense this doesn’t make sense, all this does is make fragger that much better as he already was. So it is that bad, its unhealthy, its not thought out.

(Szakalot) #4

thunder is the ultimate counter against good players, especially when defending

enemy team pushing a choke? throw nade and enjoy fish in the barrel

(GatoCommodore) #5

the nerf didnt change anything imo

kiddies still whining when met against good thunder

(GabebutGood) #6

@GatoCommodore said:

I think it closed the gap of thunder vs fragger “which is gonna get a slot/mite as well shoot myself in the foot”

although I can see your thinking but I also think if your good enough you can make any merc “op”

(Your worst knifemare.) #7

Bang and shoot people.

(GatoCommodore) #8

@GabebutGood said:

@GatoCommodore said:

I think it closed the gap of thunder vs fragger “which is gonna get a slot/mite as well shoot myself in the foot”

although I can see your thinking but I also think if your good enough you can make any merc “op”

the thing is you need to be good enough to play anything decent

i doubt any merc can do good if someone does it half-assed

(-BigRed) #9

Thunder is still OP lol. In the 5v5 world if i throw a flash my team has 2-3 seconds to go in and get free kills. In pubs not as much. But 2-3 seconds is a lot in a comp match to be useless. Especially around spawn timers. And the range is a lot bigger than a frag nade. Give him 20 more hp and a stark and he’s still really good. People will probably still ban him in tournaments.

(LifeupOmega) #10

Still has no counterplay so how is he useless? Low fuse time and no wind up means you’re guaranteed a pick if you aren’t braindead. Stark means the enemy dies instantly. In what world do y’all live where Thunder is bad?

(GabebutGood) #11

@LifeupOmega said:
Still has no counterplay so how is he useless? Low fuse time and no wind up means you’re guaranteed a pick if you aren’t braindead. Stark means the enemy dies instantly. In what world do y’all live where Thunder is bad?

no compared to fragger hes quite inferior, I was asking why did they have to nerf thunder in a way that is not constructive and just expedite a rework in which removes the no counter play aspect(which I doubt will happen, mostly because they want him to be a breach guy). However at the same time fragger is basically thunder and if anything more un fair, mind you panic nadding he cant not do but still intsa-killing someone without much of a say to kinda worst then getting flashed. “So why not nerf fragger clearly hes a problem also” I say this because of the comparisons between the two they so alike and yet thunder is only good because of stark which he shouldn’t have in the first place but honestly is stark even the problem? fragger also has the br-16 which is one less on body shot and 2 less on head shot with .005 more fire delay with 3 more in the mag, practically the same gun. so whats the problem ? I honestly don’t know what you can pin point that isn’t people upset, because they are so alike. So why not just remove the flash instead of making him fragger foreign gimped cousin.

(hoyes) #12

You compare the effects of each nade but do not consider the wind up before. It is quite simple to dodge a fragger nade, since if the fragger suddenly darts behind cover you must assume he is cooking a nade, which gives you a good 3-4 seconds to run away, or if he is really low push him.A Thunder on the other hand (and I know this because all the thunders I have met do this, as well as me) will probably jump against the nearest wall mid firefight, throw the conc and turn away. With how short the fuse timer is on the nade, it basically guarantees you a kill unless you are garbage or the enemy is lucky. This is the problem with the nade, since it is practically impossible to dodge the nade mid fight , albeit the flash is much easier to avoid nowadays. What Thunder needs above anything else is COUNTERPLAY to his nade that is actually practical and relevant, not a niche scenario where he can’t kill you because you are on a health station. I refuse to play Thunder until he gets counterplay, as it will feel much more rewarding when I play him if that happens.

(GabebutGood) #13

@jooshoyes said:
You compare the effects of each nade but do not consider the wind up before. It is quite simple to dodge a fragger nade, since if the fragger suddenly darts behind cover you must assume he is cooking a nade, which gives you a good 3-4 seconds to run away, or if he is really low push him.A Thunder on the other hand (and I know this because all the thunders I have met do this, as well as me) will probably jump against the nearest wall mid firefight, throw the conc and turn away. With how short the fuse timer is on the nade, it basically guarantees you a kill unless you are garbage or the enemy is lucky. This is the problem with the nade, since it is practically impossible to dodge the nade mid fight , albeit the flash is much easier to avoid nowadays. What Thunder needs above anything else is COUNTERPLAY to his nade that is actually practical and relevant, not a niche scenario where he can’t kill you because you are on a health station. I refuse to play Thunder until he gets counterplay, as it will feel much more rewarding when I play him if that happens.

Your right I didnt not consider the wind up and now thinking of it, its a pretty big deal. After sitting on these thoughts I “may of” been a alot more salty, should of approached it with a more clear head and focused more on why they nerf thunder in the matter they did. I appreciate the comments and the insight they gave me.

(Guziol) #14

MAY HAVE. SHOULD HAVE.

(SaulWolfden) #15

Delete the flash effect (Replaced with a stronger concussed effect), Nerf the Stark, Buff the MK46 (it literally only works because of his ability).