This would've been easier with modding, but...

(TheStrangerous) #1

How about introducing DB’s version of weekly mutations from L4D2?

Since playing the same game modes on same maps gets really stale, with only new mercs refreshing things up. Would it cost too much resources, for such brain stimulating flavor of the week?

(fasT32) #2

I do agree that the game can get kind of stale, and maybe mutations could be pretty cool on certain servers. Potentially there could be 5 or so stopwatch servers per region that would have different mutations?

(Press E) #3

Would be interesting, but I can imagine a lot of people wouldn’t like anything that messes with their strategies. As long as it’s not forced on every server, sure, I don’t see why not.

(bgyoshi) #4

I made a similar argument involving merc limits. For example, a no medics/no explosives week, or a medic only week, or a no engineers week, etc

Maybe not those events specifically but something similar.

(Teflon Love) #5

@STARRYSOCK said:
Would be interesting, but I can imagine a lot of people wouldn’t like anything that messes with their strategies. As long as it’s not forced on every server, sure, I don’t see why not.

In L4D2 you have to specifically start a game in mutation mode. The normal game modes are still available. I played a couple of these mutations back then and most of them were pretty fun and a nice distraction from the standard game play.

With DB and its current low player base there is a certain risk of fragmentation, but other than that I can see it working. Provided SD (or the community) can come up with fun ideas.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #6

@TheStrangerous said:
Would it cost too much resources, for such brain stimulating flavor of the week?

Knowing Splash Damage…?

(Mc1412013) #7

If they were to add a game mode other than execution 2.0 i want to see something completely different. Something that stands out from.other games. Something fun that no other game has that puts d.b on the map for top fps games.

(Chris Mullins) #8

We have talked about this kind of thing before, but for now it’s something we have planned.

(TheStrangerous) #9

@stayfreshshoe said:
We have talked about this kind of thing before, but for now it’s something we have planned.

You sure are hyping up stuff post 1.0…
Better not end up like Duke Nukem Forever. o:)

(Xyfurion) #10

I have a lot of things planned. I may never get around to doing any of them, but at least I have them all planned! ¯\(ツ)