Think we should get a mobility focused merc?

(Bluesquid0630) #1

DB was one of the first games that I’ve seen to successfully adopt mobility focused combat (The other being titanfall). So with that being said should we get a merc with abilities that enhance its mobility? Like a grappling hook or double jump and the ability to wall run for a longer time

(TheStrangerous) #2

Maybe… mayhap…, quizá…

@stayfreshshoe said:
I like the idea of a Merc with a jet pack ability. Would be an interesting mechanic. We don’t have a set number of Mercs that we plan to release, but definitely don’t want to add Mercs just for the hell of it. If there is a gap in gameplay which we can fill with different and interesting mechanics, we will do so.

I wanna see a little engineer robot which you can deploy to do objectives :3 That or a Merc with throwable armed C4 (but people tell me that’s crazy) or throwable C4 which all Mercs can arm faster than normal.

@Faraleth said:
Remember, as always, unless specifically stated as confirmed, please take everything with a grain of salt.
Rostrum wants to make a Merc called Falcon, but needs some concept from the community to help him design them :wink:

(ThunderZsolt) #3

I was thinking about the same, but couldn’t come up with a concept that wouldn’t be OP or break the maps - like going out of the “playing area” with grappling hooks, so gave up on posting it.

IMO a dodge roll or a dash (no air control) would be the most balanced, maybe a short distance teleport, but that could be too powerful - it really throws off the other team’s tracking.
Wallrun could be good as well, but situational.

Another thing to consider is melee. Nobody wants to play against a merc that can juke your aim easily and then smash your face.
Sparks with a cricket bat and a Gen1 loadout with chopper (crafted one during this week >:) ) is enough, switching self heal for more mobility could be potentially overpowered.

TLDR: I like the idea, but I’m worried about the implementation.

(kopyright) #4

@ThunderZsolt said:
maybe a short distance teleport, but that could be too powerful - it really throws off the other team’s tracking.

Maybe if that ability used a throwable target marker like the teleportation device from Unreal Tournament? It would basically count as a deployable and could be destroyed by the enemy team if they spot it in time.

You probably shouldn’t be able to use it with a carryable objective in your hands, though - the delivery stage in Bridge is already broken without teleporting.

(TheStrangerous) #5

@kopyright said:

@ThunderZsolt said:
maybe a short distance teleport, but that could be too powerful - it really throws off the other team’s tracking.

Maybe if that ability used a throwable target marker like the teleportation device from Unreal Tournament? It would basically count as a deployable and could be destroyed by the enemy team if they spot it in time.

You probably shouldn’t be able to use it with a carryable objective in your hands, though - the delivery stage in Bridge is already broken without teleporting.

Translocator?
Oh boy, trying to understand what’s goin’ on during high skill CTF matches…

Sooner I’d expect air glide or something.

(Bluesquid0630) #6

I’m gonna be completely honest I just want to play as a Titanfall 2 pilot but with the mechanics and gunplay of Dirty Bomb

(TheStrangerous) #7

@Bluesquid0630 said:
I’m gonna be completely honest I just want to play as a Titanfall 2 pilot but with the mechanics and gunplay of Dirty Bomb

Yeah, verticality is the only thing I miss from TF2, that and no sprint/ADS.

DB isn’t as grounded as modern shooters, but still feels too grounded, despite faster paced, compared to TF2.