There's an app for that

(Mustang) #1

My suggestion is for a SD forum app
vBulletin Mobile Suite would provide the backbone which would then be customized with SD branding

(DarkangelUK) #2

I’m all for this, browsing these forums on a mobile is a pain in the arse tbh :slight_smile:

(light_sh4v0r) #3

I can’t even log in on my android phone, the login popup thingy keeps moving away when I try to click on the textfield to enter my details.

(.Chris.) #4

Try on a 3DS, cant remember why I tried it in first place but was awful!

(murka) #5

Dunno, forum works fine in opera mobile. I always choose pc display for webpages that offer both pc and mobile page. Mobile pages are just too dumbed down.

(Mustang) #6

How about a free solution then?
http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

Downside is lack of customization, but upside is it literally takes 2min to install and zero work/development needs to be put in (works straight out the box)

(Paul) #7

Would be more usefull to install the mobile style on the boards then get an app :slight_smile:

(badman) #8

^ This pretty much. We’re looking to make the entire site mobile-friendly - we did consider going the app route but it doesn’t seem worth it for ‘just’ the forums.

(gooey79) #9

Tapatalk is a great free solution. Even if it’s just in the interim.

(MoonOnAStick) #10

Any progress on a mobile/tablet-friendly forum theme? Current layout as viewed from my nexus 7:

(-SSF-Sage) #11

For my C5-03 Nokia, browsing the forums is just too much problem. Smaller than avg screen, huge site, too much zooming, too much links and data etc. I use Opera lite/mobile. Nowadays I pretty much have patience to only check notifications from SD if I am on mobile. Also I can easily run out of memory, because the forum is just too huge for a regular “smartphone” to load. Rest of my frequent sites I can view with no problem with the phone tho. Obviously upgrading phone would help, but I only bought it a year ago.

(Desparado) #12

[QUOTE=Mustang;367093]My suggestion is for a SD forum app
vBulletin Mobile Suite would provide the backbone which would then be customized with SD branding[/QUOTE]

I like this idea, although I don’t pay the bills, so I could imagine cost plays a factor.

Either way a mobile app or version should be implemented.

2 cents.

(Brinkman) #13

Great idea. But the tapatalk plugin is free for the forum admins and takes a minute to install and there’s zero configuration they need to do. So why not help the people out who have tapatalk?

(rookie1) #14

I must say I like the Nexon’s forum on mobile .well done

(Destroy666) #15

Bump. Tapatalk would be nice, especially for notifications.