There's a new CM in town!!

(Chris Mullins) #1

Hello everyone!

As you have no doubt read from his thread, Silvanoshi has left Splash Damage towers. Even though he is gone from the office, he is not lost in our hearts. And I am sure we will see him in game in the very near future.

moment of silence

That being said, I will be attempting to step into his oversized boots by carrying on the awesome work he was doing. My name is Chris, aka shoe. and I’m about to get down and dirty with everything that is Splash Damage. I thought I would give you a little rundown on who I am, what I do and what I’m hoping to bring to the table in the future.

GAMES!!
I have been playing for longer than I can remember and pretty much always in the competitive scene one way or another. I’ve played in online and offline tournaments and really get a kick out of running strats and training with my team so you can be sure this is gonna play a BIG part of what I what I will do at Splash. The first day I came across Wolf:ET I hammered away 16 hours in game and was just getting started!

VIDEOS!!
Secondly, I am a video guy. I love video. Making them. Watching them. Being in them. Pretty much all areas, and I want to bring this experience with me and start producing a lot of new content for you guys. If there is anything you want to see specifically then just give us a shout. (As a side note I have also done some film work and had to pull my trousers down for Richard Ayoade, but that’s another story…)

STREAMS!!
Streams are awesome. It’s a great time for us all to play together, watch, chat and generally share an experience all whilst doing what we enjoy. So watch this space as we’re in the process of building a dedicated stream setup…exciting times.

I also recently had the pleasure of meeting PixelTwitch at an event we hosted last week. He’s an awesome guy and a sick DB player so I‘m really looking forward to working with him and other community members to bring more awesome content to you guys.

And with all that being said, whilst looking into the future with epic music playing I can say I am really excited and can’t wait to get this going. If you have any questions, would like to know anything else about me or what this means going ahead then just drop me a shout. I’ll also be jumping on IRC most of the time so find me on here, there, and I’m hoping to chat to you on TS soon too.

Stay fresh guys!

(Ecano) #2

Wellcome Chris, very good presentation.

All the best with those boots!

(Mustang) #3

Welcome to the madhouse.

(rookie1) #4

New sheriff in town :)) Oh another Chris !! First time working for a Studio ?No special reason for Shoe as Nickname ?
Well …Welcome man ! :slight_smile:

(Chris Mullins) #5

Thanks guys. Sheriff eh? I like the sound of that…does that mean I can have an awesome hat to wear in the office?

There’s two stories behind the name shoe. (the truth and one I made up to be cooler). The ‘cooler’ story is that when you kick someones ass, its not you, but your shoe that makes the contact, so the shoe does the ass kicking.

The true story is I forgot my password for Yahoo Pool and in the new one they gave me it had shoe in it and that kind of stuck…

(Seanza) #6

Stay fresh. Nope.

Welcome.

(Chris Mullins) #7

Awh I like my stay fresh.

Cheers Seanza

(RasteRayzeR) #8

How much should we pay to also be in your own presentation thread ? :tongue:

More seriously, welcome to you in this new adventure I’m certain will take you for a nice ride. Can’t wait to discover more about you and the plans for the future of DB, with the help of the inner circle and whole community.

(slanir) #9

Hmmmm… Can I see your Destroyer of Noobs-certificate to see if you’re legit or not? :wink:

Welcome!!!

Hi there! Welcome!

(Nail) #11

Welcome aboard, hope you brought your big boy pants

:flamethrower:

(Ca9ine) #12

There were even bigger boots to fill. Once…
May the Schwartz help your feet grow!

(Nail) #13

[QUOTE=Ca9ine;522816]There were even bigger boots to fill. Once…
May the Schwartz help your feet grow![/QUOTE]

badman is still here, they gave him a bigger throne and some minions

(Chris Mullins) #14

Don’t worry, they’re on and sufficiently belted.

As for the destroyer of noobs cert, it is on its way to be framed. Its going to be my centerpiece.

(Ca9ine) #15

Oh, I know.
I’m just saying as a CM -his was the hugestest of the allest!

(amazinglarry) #16

Welcome aboard Chris! Looking forward to you work with the community, especially with the promise of streams and videos!

(Floris) #17

Hello, welcome, are you the same shoe from Crossfire?

(Chris Mullins) #18

I am not that shoe. I’m afraid. I didn’t know there was more than one of us D:

(.FROST.) #19

So I’ll also leave my “hello and welcome” here :slight_smile:

(spookify) #20

Welcome Welcome! :smiley: