The W.I.P pics thread

(.Chris.) #81

Looking slick M!

Security Area, all white and shiny.

(Scrupus) #82

Holy shit, it looks like a great LAN party room :slight_smile:

And it even got arcade machines - or is it modern hardware running the Makrons favorite MAME firmware?? :infiltrator:

Those other maps looks great too, keep posting pre shots :slight_smile:

(WhiteAden) #83

very nice stuff posted here lately… oh I miss my gaming connection =*(

(pazur) #84

I like the RtCW BASE conversion. I loved the map in RtCW-MP!

(iwound) #85

Your turn chris. btw i would suggest changing that desk to say a wooden one and not so curved as i think ive seen that on canal. and i get easily confused.

(light_sh4v0r) #86

M, stop teasing us and release that already. :o

(iwound) #87

But that’s the most enjoyable bit.
After release the moaning starts. :tongue:
Dont worry, the wait will be worth it. Im hoping to get a wip thread started soon as i seem to see some light at the end of the tunnel or sewer or cave…

(WhiteAden) #88

I actually went back, installed W:ET today & gave the original a walk through (on my own)

damn you’re doing a GREAT job recreating it =P

(iwound) #89

Nice 1 WhiteAden. How many tapirs could you find?

Theres lots of little easter eggs in there.

(WhiteAden) #90

just went for a tour to the spots you’ve shown in the screenshots here :wink: did not go for an easter egg run =P

(.Chris.) #91

(MrLego) #92

Nice screenshot .Chris. - reminds me of the old movie “The day the Earth Stood Still”.

(light_sh4v0r) #93

woop, will that walk? :slight_smile:

(SphereCow) #94

[]v[], what the hell is that in your sig? I am SUPER interested.

Reminds me of a ridiculous idea I had for a mod two years ago. Hah.

(.Chris.) #95

Inspiration:

EDIT:

(light_sh4v0r) #96

hahahaa, Chris you’re a hero :slight_smile:

(iwound) #97

Brain obj looks great. Im a little short on inspiration myself for an new obj. will try some oldskool arcade games as you did and see what i can find. those end of level bosses were always so cool.

(kilL_888) #98

phew. i had a looong brake since i used the radiant the last time. not easy to get back into it.

but well. i started again an kept doing something for a few hours and here it is. i know its not much but i have to get some feedback.

its just a crane. little bit inspired by brink. dunno where the map will be going, but here are the first few screenshots.

(light_sh4v0r) #99

Not bad, some nice detailing already on the structure.
The whole thing doesn’t really make sense to me though, that long arm up top is never gonna be able to carry a heavy load like that, unless I’m looking at it the wrong way. Also remember that triangles make for much stronger structures than squares, which is why most cranes will have a truss structure consisting of triangles within triangles.

sorry, I study mechanical engineering :wink:

(kilL_888) #100

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;220408]Not bad, some nice detailing already on the structure.
The whole thing doesn’t really make sense to me though, that long arm up top is never gonna be able to carry a heavy load like that, unless I’m looking at it the wrong way. Also remember that triangles make for much stronger structures than squares, which is why most cranes will have a truss structure consisting of triangles within triangles.

sorry, I study mechanical engineering :wink:[/QUOTE]

yea, i know. its still heavily w.i.p.

this thing was sort of the concept i wanted to “copy”.

http://www.mpa.state.md.us/environment/ems_pic4.gif

some diagonals or other things that make the structure more stable will be added. im not 100% satisfied with the long arm either. its there and i put a cargo on it in a newer build but it doesnt look as good as i want it to be.