The Shell Shock Update

(Jan S.) #21

Fixed bug where players received negative XP for suiciding when pressing ‘K’
This is not fixed

(bgyoshi) #22

@stayfreshshoe said:

Bridge

• Fixed bug where Proximity Mines could be placed inside the final carryable objective

(Jaso) #23

@stayfreshshoe Are these three variants of Equipment Cases drop in matches? or we can get them only from store

(ragnak) #24

@stayfreshshoe said:

A later update. Need to see how Turtle performs with everything else before we make changes.

Eh, you already waited for over a year to make any bigger balance changes and if anything arty/fragger/aura will only get stronger because of turtle wall so i honestly cant see why you would want to wait =/

(AlbinMatt) #25

I’m a tad confused about the Supply/Demand system. If I buy a CORESec case, that means demand is up, but supply goes down. How does that translate into the event?

Edit: it’s apparently about trades and stock’s market stuff, which I haven’t learned. Sorry

(AlbinMatt) #26

Yo did they remove Dome?

(BlackboltLW) #27

@AlbinMatt said:
Yo did they remove Dome?

Yes, going to make some adjustments they said

(AlbinMatt) #28

@BlackboltLW said:

@AlbinMatt said:
Yo did they remove Dome?

Yes, going to make some adjustments they said

Maybe God hasn’t left us…

(pumpkinmeerkat) #29

@stayfreshshoe said:
A later update. Need to see how Turtle performs with everything else before we make changes.

(TitaniumRapture) #30

Make Dome like Chapel, one way and add EV so we can have proper airstrike spam all day long. /sarcasm off

(blufflord) #31

@Tom2160 said:
Why, oh why do we need another proxy card? Isn’t one enough? Could you not have based it on a different character…?

Well the thing is the story for this event is continuing from the ReV event, so they can’t exactly use a different merc. Nothing of this wouldve happened if stoker won ReV :wink:

(TheStrangerous) #32

OOoooohh, Dome’s getting rework, ey?
Maybe you could rework them execution maps into objective/stopwatch?
Nah, balance comes first, you dropped a turtle on a weighing scale called “meta balance” and you gotta set things right.

So far, I’m impressed with the progress in 2017. Keep it up!

(bgyoshi) #33

@ragnak said:

Eh, you already waited for over a year to make any bigger balance changes and if anything arty/fragger/aura will only get stronger because of turtle wall so i honestly cant see why you would want to wait =/

You clearly weren’t around when they spent a full year on balance changes and everyone complained that there wasn’t enough new content.

People whining about balance is the exact reason why we’ve been waiting 2 1/2 years for new content. Hush and just enjoy the new stuff, there might actually be new players now

(ImSploosh) #34

Why can we not buy the Turtle Obsidian card separately? I’d rather save a few bucks and get just the Obsidian card because I have plenty of credits to get the merc.
@stayfreshshoe

I do like how we’re able to use our credits this event, but the design of the event is similar to the Rev event which didn’t turn out too well.

Also hoping Dome isn’t ruined like Dockyard. (just my opinion here because I loved the blockout version). Some slight changes are needed, but please don’t narrow down the map into pointless routes and invisible walls.

I like most of the stuff so far though.

(OwynTyler) #35

Add Vault into ranked already pls B)

(ragnak) #36

@bgyoshi said:

You clearly weren’t around when they spent a full year on balance changes and everyone complained that there wasn’t enough new content.

People whining about balance is the exact reason why we’ve been waiting 2 1/2 years for new content. Hush and just enjoy the new stuff, there might actually be new players now

lol, thats just silly what you just wrote. When did they spend whole year on balance changes (that had any impact on new content) ? Why would balance changes have any impact on new content ?

Most balance changes happened when we were still getting closed beta content, while getting “new” merc every month. At the time when we had content drought there was almost no balance changes either so i honestly dont know where you got the idea that balancing had any impact on new content.

EVERY successful game have new content and balance tweaks at the same time without one or the other having bigger impact on any of them, why would that be any different in SD case when people responsible for new content arent people that work on balance (unless there is no one working on balance like in SD case).

If you think that DB will grow just because we just got a new map and a merc that was in production for 2 years then i am sorry to disappoint you, it wont happen. There are still tons of core issues that need to be addressed and balance changes are the easiest to make, especially that arty/fragger/aura/flecher meta proven to be a problem for at least a year now.

Just because you have low standards doesnt mean everyone should.

(HardCoreGamer44) #37

that would be nice lol dome like chapel

(FalC_16) #38

@HardCoreGamer44 said:
that would be nice lol dome like chapel

Why not lol . Dome is broken coz its size. It needs to be scaled down.

(kopyright) #39

@stayfreshshoe said:
From today, Dome has been removed from ‘Quick Join’ and ‘Server Browser’ servers and is now only available to be played in ‘Ranked’ matches. It’s going to be receiving a bit of a make-over in an update to come and we’ll share more on it closer to that time

If this is for data collecting reasons I think it would make more sense the other way around. From my personal experience most people already remove Dome from their Ranked rotation so player base (and the amount of useful data) would probably be higher in Pub. Could just be my impression, though.

(bgyoshi) #40

@ragnak said:

When did they spend whole year on balance changes (that had any impact on new content)?

2016 was the year of no maps, 1 merc, Summer Squash, and a new balance patch practically every week or two.

@ragnak said:

Why would balance changes have any impact on new content ?

This took all of the dev time away from new content development, which means the first half of 2017 was devoid of new content too, until Dockyard. Which… you seem to have conveniently forgotten.

@ragnak said:

EVERY successful game have new content and balance tweaks at the same time without one or the other having bigger impact on any of them, why would that be any different in SD case when people responsible for new content arent people that work on balance (unless there is no one working on balance like in SD case).

Which game? Are you talking about billion dollar company Blizzard and Overwatch? Multimillion dollar company Valve and TF2? Multimillion dollar title CS:GO? I’m not really sure what small company you’re talking about here.

@ragnak said:

If you think that DB will grow just because we just got a new map and a merc that was in production for 2 years then i am sorry to disappoint you, it wont happen. There are still tons of core issues that need to be addressed and balance changes are the easiest to make, especially that arty/fragger/aura/flecher meta proven to be a problem for at least a year now.

Oh you’re talking about Ranked, a mode which accounts for less than half of DB players. Yeah wow how painful, I’m sure the majority of players wish Ranked worked. Not.

@ragnak said:

Just because you have low standards doesn’t mean everyone should.

Just because you only play Ranked doesn’t mean everyone else does.

We have 2 new maps and a new merc and barely through half a year. I’m more than willing to bet we’ll get at least one if not two more maps before the end of the year and possibly another merc, as well as a big balance patch after the Shell Shock event.

Besides, they give you balance and bug fixes literally every single month. Cry more