The problem with shotguns

(ZombieDuck) #1

Players used to complain that shotguns are op, then we got an update, that nerfed the headshot multiplier and much more, but still it hasn’t affected much, what I see is that, shotguns have a much longer range, where they can do high damage, unlike other games, shotguns are meant to be for just a short distance combat, really short, or else it just works like a semi-auto sniper rifle. Shotguns should have a shorter distance range(than it is now)

(GatoCommodore) #2

man im tired telling SD and the newbies about shotgun

just post this in reddit so they at least heard it
this is not SD official forum, this was nexon official forum.

post it on Reddit dirty bomb

(henki000) #3

I think range should be even greater. IRL shotguns can have impressive range. But then shotguns were better before update, even with the low range, just because of greater damage. TTK is key element with every weapon/merc. Shots should be leathal with any weapon against any Merc. It’s not something that turn Dirty Bomb to CS:GO or CoD. Being a tanky game on the other side wont turn this to Paladins or OW. Being somewhere in the middle wont satisfy either side of these players, and there are not enough snowflakes on the middle to support the enduring life span. I dare to claim that there are more nerf/buff complains in tankier games, which is bad thing for the moral of community. Imo SD should consider to work with overall TTK level by doing notable HP nerfs or buffs. Preferably the first one.

I’m quite pessimistic if we will see shotguns on future tournaments. Really hope so.

(Da_Mummy) #4

@henki000
Why should they increase the range of Shotguns even more just because in real life a single pellet would be able to damage somebody’s health.
We might as well have it that shots to the leg only allow you to crawl on the ground like a CoD zombie.
An overall decrease in TTK would pretty quickly turn this game into a game of “who gets hit by random shots first”
In every video game shotguns are lethal close range canons and I don’t see the reason to turn them into discount sniperrifles just for the sake of beeing realistic.

(henki000) #5

@Da_Mummy

Because slowing TTK would quickly turn this game into a game of “who waits in the corner with tankier merc”

(GatoCommodore) #6

@henki000 said:
@Da_Mummy

Because slowing TTK would quickly turn this game into a game of “who waits in the corner with tankier merc”

but its better than game of “The Jumpier wins”

(TheStrangerous) #7

Was there ever a perfectly balanced shotgun in ANY online shooter?

(GatoCommodore) #8

@TheStrangerous said:
Was there ever a perfectly balanced shotgun in ANY online shooter?

not really, but the shotgun we have right now is not that OP but not that good either.

The thing is with shotgun, people dont want it to be one shot kill but it shoot slower than something like dreiss, reload slower than any wepon in the game, and useless on long range.

people also dont really like to fight shotgun on close quarter because somehow its the guy
who wield shotgun fault that people get pellets on the face in close quarter.

pellets doesnt do better damge on headshot and reduced damage across the board made people stay away from the gun.

whos fault is this?

(Da_Mummy) #9

I wouldn’t even mind getting killed by a shotgun head on. I mean if you know that a merc is build for close range why would you face him close range (like getting into CQC with Aura when playing Skyhammer for example).
Before the big change to Shotties I didn’t have a problem with them at all but nowadays I’m getting outsniped by a Hollunds while using a Dreiss.