The Phoenix Update v49563 - 09/09/2015

(Kl3ppy) #41

Were some mouse/input/FoV settings changed in the patch? I have the feeling that something changed.

(Glottis-3D) #42

to the better or worse?

(Kl3ppy) #43

Different. When I played the first matches it felt strange because my aim was off but never had this feeling before the patch. But after some matches I got used to it.

Oh, when I launched the game for the first time, all my mouse buttons werent working, had to configure them. Strange is that I didnt had any custom binds ingame.

(shibbyuk) #44

Anyone know what the binds should be? (I also have a read-only config)

(Kl3ppy) #45

try this:

[Engine.PlayerInput]
Bindings=(Name=“G”, Command=“InspectWeaponCmd”)

[ShooterGame.SGPlayerInputPawn]

DefaultBindings=(Name=“G”,Command=“InspectWeaponCmd”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Bindings=(Name=“InspectWeaponCmd”,Command=“InspectWeapon”,Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

[ShooterGame.SGPlayerInputSpectator]

DefaultBindings=(Name=“G”,Command=“InspectWeaponCmd”)

Bindings=(Name=“G”,Command=“InspectWeaponCmd”)

Not sure if I found all.

(abnorm) #46

Nice to see Private Matches and the option to turn FF on/off. :stroggbanana:
But I see no reason to punish mates for TKs, because its a private match with players from your friendlist. Im pretty sure friends do not hurt you with intent.
Or SD want to test this for public use in future? Time to set up some FF on public servers to reduce the spamfest!

(Glottis-3D) #47

i am pretty sure this is exactly the reason.

(light_sh4v0r) #48

Yesterday I played a competitive match and it had friendly fire! I didn’t expect that, I thought only private matches would get friendly fire.
It worked well though (including the punish feature), and the game was fun :).

Less fun is the fact that since the patch I get ‘connection to server lost’ once very 2 games or so, where I get dropped to the main menu and need to reconnect.

(Runeforce) #49

[QUOTE=light_sh4v0r;538171]Yesterday I played a competitive match and it had friendly fire! I didn’t expect that, I thought only private matches would get friendly fire.
It worked well though (including the punish feature), and the game was fun :).[/QUOTE]

Really? I also played a couple of comp matches yesterday and I never noticed.

(light_sh4v0r) #50

Yes, absolutely 100% certain :wink:
I hadn’t played DB with FF before so it took some adjusting, the same was true for my teammates. Let’s say some of us took some unneccesary damage ^^.
It might be a bug though, because the patchnotes don’t mention FF in competitive…

(Runeforce) #51

I just played a comp match, and there were no friendly fire.

(light_sh4v0r) #52

Well then that’s a really odd bug…

(KoP) #53

Yes that’s a bug, friendly fire is being enabled incorrectly on some matchmaking servers.
Until the fix, typing /ff into chat will return a message informing you of the FF state on that server without the need to put a bullet into an allied player. :penguin:

(Ceres) #54

So, once again, why is the minimum number of players required to start a private server 6? What could be the possible reason to do 6 instead of 5, 4 3, 2, or 1? Please, oh please, do explain the logic behind it.

(BioSnark) #55

perhaps server resource costs?

(Smooth) #56

Because Private Matches hijack servers from the same pool as matchmaking servers.

Allowing 1-2 players to hijack entire servers could result in us running out of available servers for others. Perhaps 6 is a touch high, as it doesn’t allow a team of 5 to work on tactics and generally mess around, we’ll keep an eye on it.

(shibbyuk) #57

[QUOTE=Kl3ppy;538168]try this:

Not sure if I found all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking the time! Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work still :’(

(BioSnark) #58

needs Bindings=(Name=“InspectWeaponCmd”,Command=“InspectWeapon”) under [Engine.PlayerInput]

edit: I’d have to test that, actually. don’t know why that shouldn’t work under [ShooterGame.SGPlayerInputPawn]

(Ceres) #59

[QUOTE=Smooth;538185]
Perhaps 6 is a touch high, as it doesn’t allow a team of 5 to work on tactics and generally mess around, we’ll keep an eye on it.[/QUOTE]

Precisely the point and you were aware of it. Why you guys are trying your very best to continue ****ing over the comp scene is beyond me.

(alphabeta) #60

Please lower it to 5. Pretty please with sugar on top.