The Phoenix Update v49563 - 09/09/2015

(PixelTwitch) #21

I am sure you have all the stats on sales and stuff but I feel that the current selection of cases are so far from what I think the majority of people would be hoping for that its kinda laughable…

The monetisation system in this game had soo much potential and it saddens me to see it go this route… it really does…

(maxxxxlol) #22

Weapon skins need to at least be separated from loadouts and have their own cases.

(Runeforce) #23

Sooo…any news on when we will see this update?

(spookify) #24

//youtu.be/5-sfG8BV8wU

(Ashog) #25

lol spookify

(shibbyuk) #26

Looks like it’s coming this evensong, according to Nexon

(Smooth) #27

Looking at around 5pm UK time :slight_smile:

(light_sh4v0r) #28

Exciting :slight_smile:

(BMXer) #29

HUGE bummer that it requires 6 players to start a private match. 6, really? I don’t see why it should require more than 1 to start a private match.

(Szakalot) #30

Phoenix is absolutely glorious to play, the present healing pulse is much more interesting than the previous iteration. Maybe a little too much rambo-medic, than SD would want; but 100hp is a drawback.

Two things:

• when self-reviving, you can still be gibbed during the ‘getup animation’ whilst also spending the self-revive cooldown. Imo this shouldn’t be the case, either the gibbing can no longer happen (phoenix is already full of the nanites like in the e3 trailer), or the cooldown isn’t lost
  • when using healing pulse with ‘4’, switching weapons makes you lose cooldown without any heal happening. I’d like to either have some cooldown restore (like fragger’s 50%) or not being able to switch without the heal actually taking place.

(spookify) #31

First Impressions:

Game feels a lot smoother.

Phoenix with the KEK-10 is amazing. Phoenix feels like all other medic should feel especially Sparks…

The ability to insta heal gives him the ability to get to a downed body and stay alive.

I do notice he does run out of ammo very fast do you cant just sit and camp with him and also his heal is really only good for once every 2 fire fights.

The Self Revive is nice and really only useful if you are downed from a far range or your team pushed up around you and pushes the enemy back.

All in All Phoenix reminds me of the good ole ET days and is extremely fun to play. Like I said before he is how the medic roll should be played and feel.

I also noticed some hud cleaning and less broken images. Nice work.

I have a read only CFG for my “G” weapons inspection does not work. Oh well haha… No Biggie…

In game Reporting seems awesome!!! I personally havent used it yet but I have heard other people have :wink:

If indeed private matches can not start until 6 people that should be changed ASAP. I would think 1 person and putz around in a server make strats and whatnot. If not one then 2 minimum.

AimPunch Feels GREAT!!!

Not a real big fan of the way cases are with the perks attached so gratz on adding more types of cases but they are basically useless. I got my two Bronze Phoenix cards I want and thats really all I need.

Maybe it was due to low player count or something with the servers but my hit register felt great as soon as the Update went live.

Hope this brings back some players and I might hope in some ranked MM later!

New Game Play!!! YES!! Finally Teamwork and Sustained Spawn Pushes!!

***Phoenix ROCKS!!! I hope this merc brings back the Hardcore RTCW and ET players and really make them like this game again. The play style is just great. I also hope that new players find Phoenix a joy to play and maybe SD will see this is how a medic should be; which is slightly OP on the self heal which gives him the ability to better him his team either by getting to them or healing them all while keeping himself alive to help them on a sustained push for 2 or more spawns. That is what DB is missing and phoenix makes this glaring medic offensive weakness apparent. The basic ability to push as a team on offense and break a crossfire is now in the game!!! This merc will now open the door for better team work teams to make a push. No more of this run in and die, run in and die and then hopefully catch the defense at a bad spawn. Im very excited to see what the next cup looks like!

(DarkangelUK) #32

Has the weapon/item switch speed been slowed down? I was quite the fan of lobbing a mine down in a crowd and shooting it, feels like there’s a bigger delay now between throwing the mine, switching weapon and being able to fire, also feel it when switching from primary to secondary… feels very off.

(Ashog) #33

The game doesn’t feel any smoother for me tho.

(Destroy666) #34

Agreed. Maybe not 1 since local tests are better than reserving an online server (I know that the current way of local testing is quite poor/limited, but they could make it better). However, 6 is definitely too many.

Other changes, except the useless weapon viewing animation, look quite promising.

(Mustang) #35

Private matches don’t work with 1 player, sucks!

(MoonOnAStick) #36

[QUOTE=BMXer;538129]HUGE bummer that it requires 6 players to start a private match. 6, really? I don’t see why it should require more than 1 to start a private match.[/QUOTE]Papa Nexon is on the hook for all those under-utilized servers ;-D

Not sure why earning is disabled in private matches, surely any farming exploits would be easy to prevent (reducing xp/credits/cases at low numbers?) Also, any chance of a subscription plan to allow one to spin-up a publicly visible server with FF, team-collision etc?

Overall a great update, Phoenix is loads of fun.

(ZGToRRent) #37

Is weapon inspection works for You?

(DarkangelUK) #38

Quite a few have said its not working but it works for me ok

(FireWorks) #39

Possibly cause its a new bind and people got their configs on read-only?

(ZGToRRent) #40

I put command into config however it’s still doesn’t work, it looks like it’s more than 1 bind.