the paid packs

(SinDonor) #21

Whoa $320 is a hunk of change. Why not make it $420 and throw in a half ounce of weed? At least here in Seattle it’s legal now.

(SinDonor) #22

Who are you? You lack the fancy orange username color! :wink:

Thanks for the info though!

(.FROST.) #23

[QUOTE=SinDonor;414467]Who are you? You lack the fancy orange username color! :wink:

Thanks for the info though![/QUOTE]

http://www.artbyvahl.com/

Awesome modeler he is:)

(SinDonor) #24

Cool stuff. So is he employed by SD? I thought all SD peeps had orange usernames.

(.FROST.) #25

Guess he’s kinda understatement. First post he wrote btw. Funny thing is, he did all the Brink stuff, but joined the forum june this year. Maybe he was a freelancer before, or worked for another firm that was contracted by SD back then.

(SockDog) #26

Looks nice but I personally find the pricing scary high ($320!) and I’m at a loss on whether this unlocks content without needing xp/coins. Is this actually visible to non-testers right now?

(tokamak) #27

It looks very much like kickstarter so these packets are mostly about supporting the project rather than buying the content they’re planning to sell later on.

In other words, no they’re not including any in-game currency.

(.FROST.) #28

[QUOTE=tokamak;414484]It looks very much like kickstarter so these packets are mostly about supporting the project rather than buying the content they’re planning to sell later on.

In other words, no they’re not including any in-game currency.[/QUOTE]

Yup, saw something similar here
http://www.interstellarmarines.com/store/

Couple months ago they had packs wich even went up to thousands of dollars. After they failed big time at Kickstarter they are trying it in a more humble manner as it appears.

PS: For a game that is in development for over six or eight years they didn’t have much to show; especially nothing very unique.

(iwound) #29

£150 or £200 for that lmao, way over priced for what essentially is a special edition.
sorry but you can no way justify those prices.
on the good side your not forced to buy.
but looking at those prices doesnt bode well for future stuff to buy.
if your going to charge that high for clothing at least make it an expensive brand.

i was looking forward to being able to spend a little on the game. not now.
unreal, not the engine the prices.

(.FROST.) #30

[QUOTE=iwound;414493]£150 or £200 for that lmao, way over priced for what essentially is a special edition.
sorry but you can no way justify those prices.
on the good side your not forced to buy.
but looking at those prices doesnt bode well for future stuff to buy.
if your going to charge that high for clothing at least make it an expensive brand.

i was looking forward to being able to spend a little on the game. not now.
unreal, not the engine the prices.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely this. But as Toka said; I hope this is all pre release pricing. Just to test how high they can go without us going all “WTF?!?!” in the forum. Maybe the pricing is in the alpha as well. And why should you start with the lowest price then? The F2P market is like a bazar I guess. Your fault if you pay the announced price.

(Dormamu) #31

I think is overpriced to limit the numbers of VIP Founder Pack’s and to test the prices.
Also, i think that SD would give some of those packs as a reward to those who will really help them in this Closed Alpha :D.
So, be a part of this game and help it grow and i am sure your work will be rewarded. :smiley:

(Vahl) #32

lol yeah I’m not in the cool orange club yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I am employed by SD yes, I am the senior character artist on DB and the character team was very dedicated to making those characters as valuable as possible, meaning we wanted to make them look awesome and unique compared to the first set of characters which they replace :slight_smile:

well that or I’m a troll :stuck_out_tongue: WHO KNOWS !!!

(tokamak) #33

A really committed troll that even made a portfolio with impressive art to back his up his story :wink:

(.FROST.) #34

They don’t stop at anything just to get their kicks:wink:

(tokamak) #35

Soon he’ll convince SD he actually works for them and they give him an orange name and everything. Very devious.

(SockDog) #36

Just wanted to put this down here for Locki as he’s out killing the brain cells of SD/FT/WC with free booze and bad foods.

I can understand the premium prices on the packs, why not make entry into the Alpha/Beta exclusive otherwise every joe will want in. However I really appreciate it if the whole economy of the game can be explained around these offerings.

(I understand I’m saying this while sitting pretty on the good green alpha grass and that the website says pledge OR invitation)

In it’s most basic form I guess I’d feel happy paying $60 for the game much like a retail release. I would hope that this being all in the family means SD nets a lot more than they would in an ordinary publishing deal and it still offsets some players who’ll pay nothing. Yet what I’m being offered for $60 is… well… not appealing. By that I mean should I spend $60 now, how do I know there isn’t going to be $60 of stuff I’d rather spend the money on down the line. Maybe to rent a server or pay for a stats service, would there be a all weapon unlock flat purchase? etc etc

I appreciate things are not set in stone but unless we (I) know what’s coming down the line, the only motivator to pay anything is cosmetic items (I can honestly play without them) and good will towards SD. Good will that I’d feel a little bad about if you presented down the line something I’d really want to spend $60 on. :slight_smile:

Anyway. sorry to ramble, feeling a bit ill tonight so I hope that all makes a little sense. It’s pretty much a given you have the $60 here, it’s just a question of when it should be paid over to SD so it’s mutually beneficial to all.

(stealth6) #37

If I understand this correctly, then I’d say the alpha/beta is quite exclusive. The average Joe isn’t going to whip out 240-320$ just to get in.

(.FROST.) #38

Well he(the “Joe”) gets far more than the mere alpha access for 320, BUT you are of course right, that it is not very likely, that anybody will lay down that much money when he had only seen the trailer and/or the gameplay teaser so far. Just fom my gut feel I’d say the contributor pack is worth* 130~150 Euro max.; and the VIP pack maybe 180~200 Euro absolutely max…

*compared to other special/exclusive editions from other games; wich are allready overpriced too imho.

I’m more than exited for what Locki had announced to us and I’m really looking forward to that, but we are here to criticize the product in a constructive way and with all good will, there would be no way I’d pay that much money for ANY game I’ve played so far. As Sock said; 60Euro(wich would allready be quite expensive) at launch and then the usual 10-30 Euro whenever map packs/extension packs/and gameplay relevant stuff comes out. And if a new set of chars is really kick ass, fresh and new and not just a mere re-skin, then I might pay for that too. But everything beyond 30 Euro is something I tend to evaluate really hard. And 320$ is just way beyond everything I’d even evaluate. Even the Legendaray Pack is something I’d never buy considering the content!!!.

Wanted to mention though, that aside from being extremly overpriced, everything in all the packs looks absolutely fantastico, no doubt about that(could live without the gun tags though, makes me kinda nervous when something rocks around on my gun)

(tokamak) #39

I think they’re mainly looking out for lost SD fans, people that didn’t get to stick on the forums but have been dedicated fans regardless.

(light_sh4v0r) #40

I feel just like Sockdog. I could justify spending €50,- on a game (full release) and then only if I really knew the game would be right for me.
Right now what I’d get for €50,- seems really nowhere near the right value. Of course I understand the apparel and shipping stuff to me costs more, and that’s not even what bothers me. What bothers me is that I’m not actually getting any ‘game’ out of paying my money. Next thing you know SD releases their bit of skins/models whatnot to the market and your €50,- will be nothing. Mercenary models? Great, here’s some really cool other models we sell now. I doubt you’d charge €50,- for those then.

edit: Just read Locki’s post on receiving an invitation on the most expensive pack, you can disregard the above :slight_smile: