The oncoming wave of forum user's IMAGES are scaring me...

(Xenithos) #1

Legit. I’ve been concerned lately because “Vanilla,” the software this forum uses, also has certain images it gives each new forum goer randomly. Here’s some of the most recent ones that have bothered me or I’ve noticed (WITH COMMENTS!):

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Clearly the word “chaos” is hidden within the name, and Valerian was a super spy movie IN SPACE! So this account is secretly chaotic and evil. However our forum software knows this and assigned it a user image with HORNS. HORNS I SAY. But because it’s also doing it a solid it gave him a monocle he DIDN’T ASK FOR because we must have some semblance of normality as the world falls apart.

I’m really scared. I have type 4 acne vulgaris, and this person is good at slapping acne and looks insanely happy to be doing it. I really mean insane btw. Look at that smile, that smile is NOT natural.

And don’t get me STARTED on this one, it’s clearly an evil spam bot pretending to be a happy Mexican. I would know, I’m a happy Mexican. We don’t all have moustaches and rainbow shapes for eyes!

Why on earth did our forum software give a person with the word CHOP in their name a face that looks straight out of a halloween movie!?

Virus, nuff said.

No words necessary, our fate is doomed.

This image stares into your soul all the while acting like it’s not!

What happened to the clean and simple images that everyone loved? Here's some examples:
![](https://i.imgur.com/D4bbekT.png "") 
There's nothing wrong with this dude's image. It's all derpy and cute and fitting :3
And of course we also have everyone's most agreeable moderator: 
![](https://i.imgur.com/wzDJLfq.png "")
With a nice and simple smile like that, (not entirely sure it was issued by the forum though), what's not to trust and love?
I vote we need to do something about Dirty Bomb's incoming forum goers, and fast! Are you with me?
Also, to moderators that are reading this, I vote we move a lot of the new discussions that are coming from them that are questions to the newbie area of the forums once we've addressed them. There's at least 5 of them on the first page of general alone.

(Muddy Muddy Mud Nade) #2

@TheStrangerous would be proud of this one.

(Xenithos) #3

@Kirays be snoooping.

(Artyrim) #4

What the fuck?

(TheStrangerous) #5

They don’t fit these forums at all.
Instead, replace them with DB merc’s accessories.

What a masterpiece this thread is!

I myself am really fond of the random pictures, often find something to smile about. Mine is the result of that, too. :blush:

By the way, I have had the exact opposite thought of yours when I was recently looking through our subcategories. I feel like it wouldn’t be a bad move if the new player section was outright deleted and all thoughts, questions and concerns newbs have were posted in general chat instead. I think it would be lovely if these gained some more attention considering the majority of the folk is sitting here. The same goes for the game modes section, it has no activity and is completely dead, unnecessarily cluttering up the forum.

(Xenithos) #7

@Kirays said:
What a masterpiece this thread is!
I myself am really fond of the random pictures, often find something to smile about. Mine is the result of that, too. :blush:

By the way, I have had the exact opposite thought of yours when I was recently looking through our subcategories. I feel like it wouldn’t be a bad move if the new player section was outright deleted and all thoughts, questions and concerns newbs have were posted in general chat instead.

I think I’m actually in agreeal with you for the most part. My own thoughts were that once those general newb questions were answered they could be moved over to the New Player forums because they had already been answered. I personally think that it would be a blessing to have an entire help section either added to the game or to that section of the forums so that any new players with questions can get answers quickly. Because of the lack of such a material, the quick answers are coming from the veterans in General, which isn’t bad whatsoever. I think maybe a PSA in the New User section of the forums would basically say, if you have a question please read this section first (references the imaginary help section I just talked about) and if it’s still there do not post it here, but go and ask in General where we have more traffic! The new player’s posts and questions definitely need some more attention so that they understand they are loved and we wish to retain them! I wish there was a setting to turn off posting TO that part of the forum so they’d be forced to come to General, but then again, if 1.0 brings us a flood of players, maybe we’ll go there first. shrugs

Actually, that gives me a splendid Idea. Before release 1.0- I should make an entire new player guide and have it pinned there. Go over necessary basics and some more in-depth things for Aura, Skyhammer, and Bushwhacker.

As for Gamemodes, well, yeah. It’s dead, we need more people for it to really matter, and more gamemodes either being worked on or even revealed that they’re (Splash Damage) interested in having new gamemodes. I think a simple This is Objective, or This is Stopwatch page that briefly explains each gamemode would be great at the top of that section or a help section if one was ever created.

And last, but not least, those pictures always crack me up, usually because of their randomness making them either strangely horrible, or truly happy. Just wanted to share it here :slight_smile:

(Splicerrr) #8

I don’t understand why they just let new users choose their own mercenary picture when they join, rather than giving them a creepy face.

(AlbinMatt) #9

You’ve been smoking vanilla branches again eh?

(GatoCommodore) #10

(Eox) #11

Bruh.

(BBBadger) #12

Getting DDLC vibes from the second one for some reason…

(ValyrianKaos) #13

Haha I found it very confusing when I 1st clicked on the post to see my name

(Xenithos) #14

@AlbinMatt said:
You’ve been smoking vanilla branches again eh?

Shhhhhhh!
We’re in a library, they only allow vaping :c

(Xenithos) #15

@ValyrianKaos said:
Haha I found it very confusing when I 1st clicked on the post to see my name

“Agrees that they are strangely sinister and that the problem must be addressed”
“Posts while still having horns and a monocole about the post being confusing at first”

I’m onto you.

! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

(bgyoshi) #16

You know you don’t have to smoke the ENTIRE joint

(ValyrianKaos) #17

Where did the rest of my post go

(AlbinMatt) #18

@bgyoshi said:

This post makes it look like OP just burnt down an entire plantation and meditated there.

(Xenithos) #19

Fun story: I did this in Spanish too. Spanish class, not Spanish, though I could rewrite this in Spanish. :expressionless:
Basically I was laughing so hard and so strangely slap-happy or something and told the teacher I pooped in my socks in Spanish, she told me to go get a drink and she was trying really hard not to laugh at me so that I wouldn’t be more disrupting of the class at the time. I miss her. Friend next to me asked what I was smoking and told me he’d pay me 40$ for some of whatever it was that made me so happy, I told him smurfberries then, but that I had just ran out.

@bgyoshi said:

@AlbinMatt said:
This post makes it look like OP just burnt down an entire plantation and meditated there.
Ur… I smoked… I mean thinks burned the ENTIRE joint for sure…?
! https://youtu.be/AnGVJ8Gv8aU?t=14s

! Bonus, I always loved that scene from Star Wars 2…: “You want to go home and rethink your life” ---- Gets home and smokes all the death sticks he failed to sell to begin his new life again Like, what did he actually do with all those death sticks? For real though, I don’t do drugs of any kind and don’t intend on doing it anytime in the future either to anyone legitimately wondering. Also, joint has several definitions :stuck_out_tongue:

(GatoCommodore) #20

@Xenithos said:
Fun story: I did this in Spanish too. Spanish class, not Spanish, though I could rewrite this in Spanish. :expressionless:
Basically I was laughing so hard and so strangely slap-happy or something and told the teacher I pooped in my socks in Spanish, she told me to go get a drink and she was trying really hard not to laugh at me so that I wouldn’t be more disrupting of the class at the time. I miss her. Friend next to me asked what I was smoking and told me he’d pay me 40$ for some of whatever it was that made me so happy, I told him smurfberries then, but that I had just ran out.

@bgyoshi said:

@AlbinMatt said:
Ur… I smoked… I mean thinks burned the ENTIRE joint for sure…?
! https://youtu.be/AnGVJ8Gv8aU?t=14s

! Bonus, I always loved that scene from Star Wars 2…: “You want to go home and rethink your life” ---- Gets home and smokes all the death sticks he failed to sell to begin his new life again Like, what did he actually do with all those death sticks? For real though, I don’t do drugs of any kind and don’t intend on doing it anytime in the future either to anyone legitimately wondering. Also, joint has several definitions :stuck_out_tongue:

With each dose, the user’s life was shortened, and the successive dosages took away larger chunks from a lifespan. With each successive dose, the desire for a harder reaction increased. It was thus very difficult for a youth to shake off their addiction without medical assistance.

now i get why its called death sticks