The next merc group voting.

(TheStrangerous) #1

Let’s play a time capsule game, where this thread will be dug out in the future, after the next merc’s release.
Whoever chooses the right merc group, reward them with cookies!

I bid for assault. Since a new engineer and fire support was added recently, plus a recon was last year.

(Guziol) #2

I’m calling for a shotgun assault. With AA 12 or some semi auto.

(hurgya) #3

As you said we got a fire supp and an engineer recently, and Javelin’s ability is quite assault-ish. This leaves us with recon and medic (if we stick to the principle of pleasing every group equally), and I don’t think, another recon is needed in the near future (not to mention, 2 of 4 recons have role issues)

Also I enjoy playing medics

(Eox) #4

Supportive assault medgineer with a sniper rifle.

(CoctimusPrime) #5

I would say, just for the sake of variety that a new stealth character similar to Phantom could be a useful addition. I personally don’t like playing Phantom and it pisses me off to no end when I get killed by the “invisibitch” as I like to call him-- which is EXACTLY why he is an excellent character. Phantom is a merc that takes skill and patience to play effectively and I respect people who can play him well. I think it would be interesting to see a merc that had a teleportation ability over short distances. I would probably arm a merc like this with an SMG or a shotgun in the role of a light attacker. An interesting direction for a character like this would be to add in a throwing-melee weapon like shuriken stars or small knives. A ninja perhaps? Or you could go the Native American route and have a tomahawk.

Additionally, this game needs a bow-based character. An attacker with rambo-style exploding arrows could be fun. It would also be interesting to add a poision or toxcicity element to the game that would drain player’s health over time. Just my two cents.

(GatoCommodore) #6

-Stealth Character
-Phantom

top lel

(AlbinMatt) #7

A balanced and fun character.

(Guziol) #8

@AlbinMatt said:
A balanced and fun character.

You absolute madman.

(Greehn) #9

A new edgy looking sniper for 30k?

(Ptiloui) #10

I will place a very precise bet in here as it appears to be a good idea : the next merc will be a fat beefy medic merc with the ability to take damage in place of the buffed teammate.

(Sorotia) #11

New medic could be nice…haven’t seen one in a while.

(TheStrangerous) #12

The thread is bumped as said.

Prepare your cookies, cause the new merc’s probably goin’ to be revealed!

(Ptiloui) #13

After seeing the last vid with new weapons, i’m pretty sure that the next merc :

• Will be female
  • Won’t be a medic

(GatoCommodore) #14

@Ptiloui said:
After seeing the last vid with new weapons, i’m pretty sure that the next merc :

• Will be female
  • Won’t be a medic

-assault rifle medic
pretty awesome fam

(TheStrangerous) #15

I think the P90 (I know it’s not what it’s called, but bear with me), will be something between SMGs and ARs.

(DB Genome editor) #16

@TheStrangerous said:
I think the P90 (I know it’s not what it’s called, but bear with me), will be something between SMGs and ARs.
Pretty sure it’s based on the F2000 AR. Beside the look being closer to that than the P90, “Hurtsall 2K” vs “FN Herstal F2000” :wink:

(henki000) #17

Next merc will be tank medic that use batons and perhaps healing grenade. I just hope it would be something generic, like flamethrower or dual wielding gun maniac that adds more killing potential.

(Ptiloui) #18

@Ptiloui said:
I will place a very precise bet in here as it appears to be a good idea : the next merc will be a fat beefy medic merc with the ability to take damage in place of the buffed teammate.

@Ptiloui said:

• Will be female
  • Won’t be a medic

Needed to quote my own posts, i was half right/wrong ^^
At first, i was pretty sure the next merc will be a medic (because we didn’t get one for a long time) but after the vid, seeing phoenix staying close to the merc to heal her made me think this won’t be the case.
And the ability to absorb damage, well… it’s not that far ^^

(TheStrangerous) #19

Congratulations! Those who voted for medic get free cookies! Have some +1 Insightful! Everybody reward them too!

(watsyurdeal) #20

That meme is amazing

Also