The MOFO Update - Update Notes 11/22/2016

(cakeblock941) #21

thank

youuu

(ENDgie) #22

@bontsa don’t know how I missed that, silly me. :stuck_out_tongue:

(DarkMatterMatt) #23

[quote=“stayfreshshoe;212647”]Gameplay

• Fixed bug where the Carryable Objective could teleport to a random location if the carrier was squashed by the container on Trainyard

[/quote]
:grin: Anyone got a video of this bug? How random was the location, could it appear at the back of the defenders spawn or hidden in an object?

(kopyright) #24

Wait, so no more turrets on the rail of Bridge? :’(

(bontsa) #25

All fine, no wonder since there’s quite a major splash of stuff there :wink:

(boerhae) #26

Apologies if I missed it, but is Stoker’s Molotov fixed to finish off enemies properly?

(Jan S.) #27

@Boerhae I believe they stated somewhere (not sure where through) that it should be fixed in this update. So 3 options:

• It’s fixed, with this patchnote: Fixed bug where Molotov fire distribution pattern & damage behaved inconsistently
  • It’s fixed, without patchnote
  • It’s not fixed

I would write something like “We’ll know soon for sure”, but maintenance has been extended by 3 hours.

(Xenithos) #28

Are you gonna fix that?
#spoilersarehelpful

(Xenithos) #29

[quote=“When’s_Phoenix;212669”]I especially like the part where automatically setting ‘colorgrading = 2’ is advertised as a feature.
Cynicism aside, the update is looking great. Time to get back into the game after a long break.[/quote]

I’m gonna see what happens when we set the colorgrading features to different things. A few of the maps actually look DIFFERENT than when they are set to colorgrading 2 from the video above to me.

(Jostabeere) #30

Hey kids, remeber that colorgrading 0 setting that was in the game for months now? It’s now a brandnew lighting update!!!
Edit: Oh Snap! I’m not the first who noticed it.

(Dawnlazy) #31

[quote=“Jostabeere;212732”]Hey kids, remeber that colorgrading 0 setting that was in the game for months now? It’s now a brandnew lighting update!!!
Edit: Oh Snap! I’m not the first who noticed it.[/quote]

Textures and lighting have actually been changed, removing pissfilters is just a small part of it.

(SnakekillerX) #32

3 Posts for change logs? You just wanted 3 times the number of likes didn’t you? :wink:
Looking good though, have my 3 likes.

(Jostabeere) #33

[quote=“Dawnrazor;212743”][quote=“Jostabeere;212732”]Hey kids, remeber that colorgrading 0 setting that was in the game for months now? It’s now a brandnew lighting update!!!
Edit: Oh Snap! I’m not the first who noticed it.[/quote]

Textures and lighting have actually been changed, removing pissfilters is just a small part of it.[/quote]
Textures were changed, obviously. But unless you got a source that new lighting was added, it’s just the change of the in-game setting we already had.
Edit: I even installed the game again. Besides changed textures on walls or other objects, it does look the same as the old colorgrading settings. I even compared screenshots made now with the ones from here: http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/22084/removing-dirty-bombs-color-filter-on-maps-for-more-colours#latest

(TheStrangerous) #34

They didn’t remove the fog in the distance. What a shame.

Still gonna have to use “fogdensity 0” command to get rid of it. Good thing color filter is removed, never liked that vision.

(BlackboltLW) #35

Ooh! long list of notes! Let’s see what the update is-

[quote=“stayfreshshoe;212648”]General

[*]Fixed bug where players could receive more than their max capacity ammo when using Ammo Caches in the maps

[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Edit: The update video is just effing amazing

(Black) #36

Updated pre-match team balance to factor in player Level more heavily
Improving performance, especially for those with lower spec machines, has been a huge focus

After not posting on these forums in so long I just wanted to drop by and say THANK GOD. I actually starting to have a bit more faith in dirty bomb’s development.

Now all I’m waiting for is a proxy mine nerf and a phantom buff.

(god1) #37

Nice patch in terms of optimization, the game actually runs at playable framerates now without having to use black magic configs, too bad it came a year and a half too late.
Shouldn’t have blocked all those advanced walljumps though, makes the movement too easy and boring, there’s nothing to learn in it anymore.

(El_padre_) #38

i have a VERY BIG problem with the mofo update :open_mouth:
before the MOFO update i play on super hight quality (between 60-80FPS) but since the update in hight quality i very lag(in0-10fps)and when i play on minimal graphics i can just play but with a lot of lag (in minimal after update i have max 25 fps) i don’t know what happen but it’s a big problem :confused: i not play since update it’s impossible with freez (i freez 4-5seconde) please help :frowning:

(sportiveEmperor) #39

amazing updates. Like everything. I also hope it gets better. Best update so far. Other updates have been so and so. mostly stuff players don’t need or want. But this is good. Keep up the good work on don’t waste time on nonsense development (like execution maps, disabling alt F4 etc no1 cares about these changes. If some1 wants to rage disabling altF4 doesn’t make any difference).

(fuzzel) #40

gg SD

more lags as before…

more bugs as before…

again no new maps…

no giveaway event…

very nice…