The MOFO Update - Bug Megathread

(Xenithos) #21

Type of Bug: Performance and Graphical? - New Frame Skipping/Hitching
Description: Game seems to have small lag impacts when people die, or when things are registered. It’s hard to see sometimes, but it’s definitely always there. It may be audio related actually!
The game skips frames during even mouse movements sometimes. Nearly all the time on my end. There is also random fps loss. I believe after seeing some different footage that it may be related to people DYING on or being finished on the game…
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNJ-wYTBIts
Steps to reproduce: Play any match, slow down what you’re doing. Don’t actually play the game, just look to see if your screen’s play jumps while moving the mouse around.
Result: Game randomly skips frames and has miniature lag spikes constantly, that aren’t actually lag spikes, since internet is fine on both ends.
Expected result: Game should be fine, smooth as it was before…
Reproduction rate: 10? (for now)/10 - It’s in every game for me…

I’m going to test this in an offline server and see if it does that too. Just to see if it’s caused by networking, or events in the game… Video will be uploading to YTube soon.

Computer:
[spoiler]Gtx 580 stock drivers - have never bothered or felt the need to update them tbh…
i7 - 3930k
16 gb ddr 3 ram
Win 7 Ultimate
Dual monitor setup - one at 144hz 1920x1080, other at 1440x900.
Aurora r4 Alienware sound drivers, stock. I also have Razer Surround sound…
I constantly run OBS, Logitech mouse settings and Razer keyboard settings, though I’ve never had hitching and jumping this often.[/spoiler]

(GatoCommodore) #22

tried to knife a phantom, it didnt get gibbed.
then i crouch to make sure, knife again, still havent get gibbed
then i knife again and again and again and again and again and again

then a sparks revived the phantom and i got stabbed with a katana.

10/10 would like to reproduce if its possible.

(ChuckJones) #23

Type of Bug: visual
Description: After reloading either of the revolvers the cylinder becomes off centered to the right. Firing the revolver re centers it.
Video / Screenshot:
Steps to reproduce: Reload a revolver.
Result: the cylinder is off centered.
Expected result: the cylinder should be symmetrical
Reproduction rate: 10/10

(K1X455) #24

Click here

Type of Bug: FPS sliding down to glorious 1.16fps in 20+ minutes of continous gameplay
Description: Do you get the feeling some 5hit is going on in the audio and video processing of an old UE3 game that the framerate just slows down to unplayable levels? And some techhead will claim that my hardware isn’t up to specs whereas I can run around in DOOM at med/high video settings using Vulkan without a single hitch? Or how about benchmarking using a similar game using a different engine? Or another game using another engine? What description do you really need?
Video / Screenshot: Check the URL I posted; you might learn something
Steps to reproduce: It sucks to be me, but you have to be me; check my specs, maybe build a pc like mine; I apologize for the saltiness of my post but I had high hopes MOFO will give me relief from my grief, but all it did is eased the inevitable.
Result: Does rage mean anything to you? I mean, come on, I love this game. It’s a good can of “whoop ass” and team play, but… OMFGoat!!! WTH is this 5H1+? It’s like giving a blonde a cosmetic surgery to look like a pretty barbie… it looks ahhmm… barbie, but it doesn’t work right… do you get what I mean?
Expected result: I would have advertised DB with a shirt or a hoodie, but I think I’ll advertise DB with used toilet paper. How does that fill in for a description?
Reproduction rate: You had to ask, do you? How about I tell you that I’ve been doing more on my end to fix this?

(Xenithos) #25

Updated my post with video…

(HammerOfDawn21) #26

[left][quote=“Reaper;212808”]Type of Bug: Frontend UI
Description: Mission progress not showing(aswell as credits)
Video / Screenshot: -
Steps to reproduce: play a game
Result: The mission progress bar after a match isn’t showing any progress. Before the update it worked at least some times.
Expected result: The bar below the mission should show the correct progress.
Reproduction rate: Play a match. Has happened in the last 5 of 5 matches.[/quote]

Got some screens for this from two consecutive matches.

Post match mission progress screen-match 1

Actual progress in notifications-match 1

Post match mission progress screen-match 2

Actual progress in notifications-match 2

[/left]

(Gi.Am) #27

Type of Bug: Map lightning
Description: Colors on maps are faded and foliage is too dark compared to surrounding.
spoke to Cobbut on discord, who has the same issue we both have ati/amd cards I suspect some texture filtering issue but tried different driver filtering settings aswell as switching through all ingame settings. makes no difference.
Cobbuts GPU: R9 280
My Specs: Ati HD6850 driver latest legacy driver with crimson beta
Amd FX6350BE no overclocking 16GB RAM
Windows 10

Video / Screenshot: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=805454680
might be good if others would take a look at the screenshot and confirm wether their trainyard looks the same or not.

Reproduction rate:10/10

(EWOCKS_Reborn) #28

There is an issue on the chapel jump located in the picture. If you are jumping to get up against it, there is a chance you hit an invisible wall. Very annoying. Both the invisible wall hits are on the line cracks in the cement.
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/109605818317332016/914BCC2F9B2904E152108F2ACC1C6F9B74D37F82/

(fuzzel) #29

cmon SD This Update cannot be serious…

its unplayable with this fucking lags all the time…

wayne interessts map updates… make this game after 9 months playable and lag free…and then make other things plz…

unbeleavable…shame on you

(Smile.jpg) #30

Type of Bug: FPS drops.
Description: FPS drops from ~80 to 40 and lower during intence gunfights, sometimes even at spawn. I believe that ping higher than 90 increases the rate of drops.
Video / Screenshot: not possible without dramatically lowering FPS.
Steps to reproduce: best way is to play on 8v8 server, but it sometimes happens even in 3v3 matches.
Result: ded.
Expected result: not ded.
Reproduction rate: 10.

CPU: AMD A10-5750M.
Memory: 8192MB RAM DDR3.
DirectX Version: DirectX 12.
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8650G and AMD Radeon HD8970M.
MB: MS 176K1 I believe.
DSD: HDD with 7200 rpm.
Video Drivers: AMD 15.7.1 WHQL.
Sound: something shady associated with Sound Blaster Cinema 3 https://msi.com/Laptop/GX70-3BEGX70.html

(binderr) #31

[quote=“Reaper;212808”]Type of Bug: Frontend UI
Result: The mission progress bar after a match isn’t showing any progress. Before the update it worked at least some times.
Reproduction rate: Play a match. Has happened in the last 5 of 5 matches.[/quote]

yeah, this is probably the worst!

(neg0ne) #32

Type of Bug: G
amaplay / Weapon

Description:
Fletchers Sicky Bombs wont explode when triggered

Video / Screenshot:
Steps to reproduce:
It happenes randomly but quiet often. Stickies just dont react to trigger.

Result:
well…
Expected result:
Reproduction rate:

(RaDi) #33

Type of Bug: FPS drops.
Description: FPS drops from ~180 to 40. Before the patch i played with 150 fps stable,
Now the game is unplayable for me.
I have the updated drivers and the cfg is ok

(fuzzel) #34

ok…now serious…!!!

smooth
shoe
raziel

when comes the lag update fix???

i need answers…

(fuzzel) #35

and btw…

i dont see notification about erasing extra ammo at ammo crates

(BlackboltLW) #36

[quote=“fuzzel;213272”]and btw…

i dont see notification about erasing extra ammo at ammo crates

[/quote]

That was on the patch notes

(fuzzel) #37

really?.. hm ok then its my fault…

(Gi.Am) #38

Investigated the map lightning problems further. The error persists on all maps furthermore it’s not only foliage but some wall and ground textures aswell.
I assume the lightmap generation/reading or something in that direction is the cause.

made more screenshots to illustrate the problems.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=805916930
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=805916730

reinstalling, and generating new configs doesn’t help

(fuzzel) #39

ye reinstall …delete game files verify gamefiles helps only a bit

but with oneframetreadlag off in config the lags not so big…

(KeithTalent) #40

[quote=“Reaper;212808”]Type of Bug: Frontend UI

Yep. Used to be just buggy, now it’s pretty much broken. Saw some screenshots above, but it also does not show ‘Mission’ credits if you happen to complete the mission during a match. Will try to screencap later.