The Fletcher Update Patch Notes - 13/05/2015 v45627

(BomBaKlaK) #21

Audio : Look like a fish tank ! fun but not on a long time
Bugs : a lot of mega super strange slow down (feel like mega lags at 10 FPS during 10s), and servers crash

(spookify) #22

Feels like I am in a trash can with the new audio and its really bad on bridge.

Servers or game is extremely laggy! Player movements are very hard to follow and seems to be a lot of warping or glitching going on. The start stop animation is messed up…

The UI is very very laggy! Feels like IE 1996

My eyes are literally running.

Hard to tests things when you want to rip your eyes out and plug your ears…

(titan) #23

Nice patch guyzz, some thoughts:

• Audio is a bit echoy
  • Fraggers looking shockingly balanced!
  • The explosive spam in pub servers is getting a little nuts, 60% deaths to explosives and 40% to actual gunfights, might die down when more mercs are released… lots of people testing nader, fletcher, fragger etc
  • Ranked play I still don’t think has any chance of kicking off until there’s separate queues for 5 mans and solo/duo… people ain’t gonna requeue when they just get matched vs 5man stomps… we saw this already when it released!
  • The c4 disarm change seems fairly significant? You can disarm a right side plant on underground without peeking the sniper… no more of that cheese!

Keep it up!
(…buff arty)

(fubar) #24

Havne’t tried it yet, but if that’s the case, that’s… very silly and bad. Are we yet again being punished for positional advantage?

(Zenity) #25

I would happily queue up under two conditions: There are visible ranks, and I can see how many are in queue (and estimated waiting time). Also, do you know if we can tab out of the game while in queue? CSGO will play the sounds when a match is found even while the game is in background, so you are not going to miss it. Would be nice to know if DB does the same (and if not, then it should).

With ranks I would not be too scared of 5 mans, since most likely they would be out of my skill tier (unless they are bad, which is ok too). Of course there is still the issue that 5 mans will be much stronger than their collective solo skills, so ultimately it would be nice to take this into account somehow.

(tangoliber) #26

I boo all movement and accuracy decreases out of principle.

Other then that, nice patch. :slight_smile:

(ragnak) #27

Can we get a comment about servers crashing all the freaking time, is literally unplayable. As a side note, does anyone else felt that ttk is lower for some reason ?

(Glottis-3D) #28

prbbly i did feel that. played proxy and couldnt kill anyone without emptying my whole clip of SMG.

i thought my aim was off, but now i am suspisious…

(spookify) #29

I think TTK is faster with guns but with the weird warping glitch and mouse lag its hard to tell.
Tracking a head feels really off. People movements are very sporadic and nauseating.

(ragnak) #30

I dont know what SD did but i find the game horrible now. Cant see **** because of new lighting and everything melts for me. I either instantly kill people or lose half a clip to kill someone and im pretty sure that im dying faster now for some reason. I cant grasp whats the issue but i wouldnt be suprised if something went wrong with spread or you made it bigger after sprinting (which would be freaking stupid, but i wouldnt be suprised).

Explosive spam went way too far, i dont even die to guns anymore unless i was damage by something that explode beforehand.

This is probably the worse patch since steam release, no, im pretty sure that its the worse patch, when i think about all the ****ing echo you added to the game. You had all the time to add echo but couldnt fix MG ? Oh and cheaters issue is getting annoying as i dont remember when i last time didnt had a cheater on server at least once a day, thats even ignoring the ones that try to hide it.

(Szakalot) #31

[QUOTE=spookify;528497]I think TTK is faster with guns but with the weird warping glitch and mouse lag its hard to tell.
Tracking a head feels really off. People movements are very sporadic and nauseating.[/QUOTE]

ive tried playing with oneframe = off and it was unbearable, even when FPS didnt drop down to 60.

Overall the performance seems to have good and bad moments, kind of like the servers are melting or sth. Same with loadout changing, and menus that ping the server; sometimes its fine, sometimes they get SUPER laggy

(Glottis-3D) #32

isnt this a definition of a …how to put it…bad performace?

:tongue:

(spookify) #33

[QUOTE=Szakalot;528516]ive tried playing with oneframe = off and it was unbearable, even when FPS didnt drop down to 60.

Overall the performance seems to have good and bad moments, kind of like the servers are melting or sth. Same with loadout changing, and menus that ping the server; sometimes its fine, sometimes they get SUPER laggy[/QUOTE]

Opening crates is also super laggy. A lot of things in the new UI a very laggy and as you state the Server List is also.

The lighting feeling like I am going to have a stroke and the movement of players is not cool.

(spookify) #34

I think one of the most annoying things is still wall jump spammers. I am sure this shuddering issue will be fixed but work needs to continue on wall spammers.

IMO the Spread is not great enough and the animation is off. I do not think it is fair that I can be crouched shooting at a wall jumper and basically only see their legs. If we are in a low ceiling room they disappear.

I may just be blowing off some stream from the glitching that is going on but I am going 70 and 15 and it feels terrible. Feels like I am 25 and 25…

What happened with long jump? Doesnt work all the time for me and feels really weird. Will need to test that more.

(Szakalot) #35

[QUOTE=spookify;528549]
What happened with long jump? Doesnt work all the time for me and feels really weird. Will need to test that more.[/QUOTE]

main thing that happened to long jump is that you need to have a required initial sprinting speed before long jump will be allowed. Can be very frustrating, as if you dont meet this speed threshold your character will crouch and jump up in a single spot.

Mostly happens to me when trying to get the car+walljump trickjump on terminal 1st obj attacker side to get to the upper-ammo area of the office.

(Anti) #36

We’re aware there are some issues with server restarts and we’re looking into them. I don’t have any more information at the minute though.

(Exedore) #37

We’re looking into some unanticipated issues with the servers.

(DB Genome editor) #38

So now that we’ve been able to assign loadouts from the Marc page of the main menu for a little while and we’ve just had an overhaul of the menu layouts, why is it that the squad box still looks like this:

instead of this:

???

Seriously, there is no excuse for not being able to see the loadouts assigned to your 3 mercs from that menu :mad:

(xdc) #39

I don’t understand the concept of the mercs being removed and re-added, and calling it the ‘fletcher update’ when nothing about the class has changed before it was removed, instead their are more updates to other mercs such as Nader in this particular one. someone please enlightenment me.

Anyway, I think ill try the game maybe in 3 more updates, the updates are still disappointingly small and not frequent enough to out weigh its size.

(Szakalot) #40

so far every single re-released merc was changed:

bushwhacker : beefier turret, no knife OHK on it

nader: 4 nades instead of 5, changed martyrdom

fletcher: 3 stickies instead of 4, different cooldown, different throw mechanic