The fire instead of moving it stays still

(Comida Japonesa) #1

good afternoon everyone okay I need help, here’s the thing I put the fire texture so that instead of her moving she stays still, I wanted her to move as if it were a real fire, what do I do?

mapadeteste40.pk3 (6.5 KB)

(KeMoN) #2

Hi @comida-japonesa
I checked your map and it appears as though you are using a simple texture (image file) for the fire.
A simple texture is not going to have any special effects. What you need is a shader. Generally, whenever you are trying to do something think of a map that has sth similar implemented and check how it’s done there. Fire is for example used in Würzburg Radar in the road hut (see screenshot below). There you an see the setup is a brush with common/nodraw shader on all sides and just the front has the sfx/wilsflame2 fire shader, which I added below. It’s a pak0 shader so you don’t even need to pack that in your map pk3.

textures/sfx/wilsflame2
{
	qer_editorimage textures/sfx/flame1.tga
	cull none
	nofog
	surfaceparm nomarks
	surfaceparm nonsolid
	surfaceparm pointlight
	surfaceparm trans
	{
		animMap 10 textures/sfx/flame1.tga textures/sfx/flame2.tga textures/sfx/flame3.tga textures/sfx/flame4.tga textures/sfx/flame5.tga textures/sfx/flame6.tga textures/sfx/flame7.tga textures/sfx/flame8.tga
		blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
		rgbGen wave inverseSawtooth 0 1 0 10
	}
	{
		animMap 10 textures/sfx/flame2.tga textures/sfx/flame3.tga textures/sfx/flame4.tga textures/sfx/flame5.tga textures/sfx/flame6.tga textures/sfx/flame7.tga textures/sfx/flame8.tga textures/sfx/flame1.tga
		blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
		rgbGen wave sawtooth 0 1 0 10
	}
	{
		map textures/sfx/flameball.tga
		blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
		rgbGen wave sin .6 .2 0 .6
	}
}

(Comida Japonesa) #3

thanks , i managed to make the fire look realistic