The Dark Secret (village1, crypt1 remake)

(wolfETplayer) #1

Since release of Black Ops III Mod Tools I was working on this Wolfenstein themed map for Black Ops 3 Zombies.
Actually this is a remake of two levels from Return To Castle Wolfenstein (village1 and crypt1).
Will be released somewhere in early 2017 through Steam Workshop.
Here is video showcasing playable areas of my map(map is heavily WIP):

//youtu.be/-BuExfdk_IU

To-do list(will be updated):

[ul]
[li] 3 more areas from original crypt1 level+maybe additional rooms[/li][li] More ambient sounds[/li][li] Music easter egg[/li][li] Replace vending machines with wood crates with bottles in it.[/li][li] More custom textures and models[/li][li] Replace announcer[/li][li] Loading screen+preview image[/li][li] Replace futuristic weapon with WW2 weaponry from World At War.[/li][/ul]

(SiNRay) #2

Nice work there!:slight_smile:

(William Faure) #3

This is looking very nice. I’m looking forward to it, even if I don’t play the Call of Duty franchise anymore.
Once your map done and released, I may get Black Ops 3 only to play the fruit of your work. :slight_smile:
Btw, I suppose the modding tools are very similar to GtkRadiant?

(wolfETplayer) #4

[QUOTE=TITEUF-85;560649]This is looking very nice. I’m looking forward to it, even if I don’t play the Call of Duty franchise anymore.
Once your map done and released, I may get Black Ops 3 only to play the fruit of your work. :slight_smile:
Btw, I suppose the modding tools are very similar to GtkRadiant?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Titeuf!
About modtools. They are including Black Radiant, which is basically really advanced version of GtkRadiant. For example it can render lighting and effects in the radiant itself. Also there is in-built terrain tool, so there is no need in any additional software. Maybe I will do some showcase video for this radiant later.
Also this modtools include Asset Editor. It makes possible for modders to easily port any custom model, animation or texture.
The only bad thing I can say about this mod tools - there is no support for SP missions. You can only create MP maps and maps for Zombie mode, which can be played coop or solo. However it is still in Beta, so maybe Treyarch will include this support in the future.

(ronboy) #5

I’m hoping that you will remove most (all would be better) of the COD nonsense, such as the very out of place vending machine. The addition of the Wolf 2009 music is great, but the zombies still aren’t scary/threatening, and the atmosphere is still mostly missing.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not hating on your excellent work. I just despise the “features” that the newer COD games offer.

By the way, I already made a topic on these forums for your work: http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/56219-WolfETPlayer-s-Work-With-COD-BO3-Mod-Tools

(wolfETplayer) #6

No worries RonBoy. I can understand you. I will keep updates in this topic if you don’t mind.:slight_smile:
I am thinking about the way to replace vending machines. I can not remove perks completely, because it will break the whole zombie mode. But I can try to replace them with bottles, crates or something. Wallbuys can easily become normal weapons on the tables, ground, etc.
I can not remove points, and buyable doors, this is core feature of this game mode. Same for the mystery box.
Also WW2 weaponry will add some Wolfenstein vibes.
I can assure you, final version will be most possibly close to the spirit of Wolfenstein as possible. This is WIP after all

UPD. Just tried replacing vending machines. Did not worked out as easy as I was planning. Need to investigate scripts.

About zombies. They are threating. They HP, speed is increasing with every wave. They can take out the player with 2 melee hits. Im just playing with 50k points and the waves are too early for zombies to be really threating. However it is possible to tune their modifiers. But it is too early for that. They are walking, fighting, and that is enough for now.:slight_smile:

(wolfETplayer) #7

I will not create another thread and put this here.
I will re create only allies respawn and all that you can see from it.
Just a small map which showcases that you can actually port maps from ET and RTCW.
Will release it before 2017.